AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Advertisement of Guns!

Please stop advertising GUNS on my e-mail page!!!

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Merge Yahoo Account

It would be nice to be able to link or merge my Yahoo and AOL accounts. A combined contacts list would be helpful to update details in one place instead of two. And a combined email inbox would make it easier to stay up to date with friends. The AOL and Yahoo mail look and feel have converged; it would be great to go further and unit the two services.

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why does the *****-in-Chief appear to the right hand of the main page continuously? Is there a way that is can be removed?

Allow us (users) to omit offensive subjects, like this subject matter of the clueless *****!!!

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color our Email page like Gmail and Yahoo mail. (not a stationary issue)

Please allow us to color our email page with either a personal picture or a picture online. And please do not merge this request with "stationary issues." I am referring to our personal email page. Thank you.

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sending emails from aol to cell phones.

Will we ever be able to sent emails to cell phones again?????

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mail Away Message Area - create a window there for customization without being away

Regarding the mail away message area - please create a window there for the user's customization without being away. Thank you.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Seriously, change the interface.

It just looks too much old and is a mess !! Fonts like Avenir Next or Helvectia Nue should be used.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. switching aol accounts

need to swirch to new email

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about, and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more details for us on what you’re commenting on?

9. AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Forwarding Several from My Inbox

I would like to forward several e-mails at one time from my Inbox to a work e-mail address. Currently, I can only forward one at a time, but with 60 e-mails a day in my AOL Inbox, this gets very tedious. I could understand a reasonable limit on the most that can be forwarded at one instance, but a limit of 'one' is not reasonable.

158th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screen the pop up ads in the right column

Todays pop up ad is a link to a Bitcoin scam using Peter Jones as bait. Now I'm happy to have ads relating to what I have browsed recently but did think that Aol would screen them. Having identified that this is a scam I doubt I'll every look at the ads again

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why did my security question disappeared? I want it back!

Today I want to reset my secret insurance.
    I was surprised to find that option was disappeared after I deleted my old security question.
    Now I want it back!

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you previously created an Account Security Question (ASQ), you may be prompted to enter it when signing in to certain parts of your AOL account. You can no longer create or update your ASQ. Instead, we recommend you turn on 2-step verification and add a recovery phone number and email address to your account.

13. YOU GOT MAIL

VOLUME UP

SOUND UP YOU GOT MAIL

977th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to send emails that restrict people to respond back from that email.

I want to be able to send emails that restrict people to respond back from that email. I get a lot of notices that say "do not respond back to this email" because it won't let you and it's frustrating to have to search and find an email of who to respond back to regarding that email. So... I want to be able to respond back to some of those people the same way they do me. Let them see what it's like to not be able to respond back conveniently. I want to send notices and information and concerns…

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to include my logo as part of my stationary but can't

Should be able to add company logo as part of stationary

433rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. number of search results

There suddenly seems to be a limit to 20 results for a search. If one has thousands of messages to sort into folders, it becomes completely impractical, on the other hand I've been told in the past by AOL that I mustn't exceed around 5000 messages in the inbox. So PLEASE reinstate unlimited (or a much more reasonable limit to) search results!

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. take the fantasy football off the screen when i try to log in!!!!!!

take the fantasy football advertisement off the screen it keeps blocking me from typing my email and getting in!!!!!!

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I do not like the faint lettering on my favorites bar. The words used to be easier to read because they were black instead of gray.

Improve the lettering and readability of the saved sites on my bookmarks bar. The letters look gray instead of black. Too difficult to read now.

170th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put the settings with the processes again!

Put settings with the processes again!
    You previously had it where we could adjust the mail processes on the mail screen, but it's not there any longer. It's off, hidden, in some mysterious location that can't be found but portions of the settings can be found via the mail "HELP" menu.

Very silly.

Put everything related to a service WITH that service rather than around the corner, behind the ficus plant, and next to the filing cabinets.

You look for tools of a program within that program. Not in another program unrelated to the program you were using, for each…

611th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. By NOT having us hit an "ok" on an email we delete! Its' a waste of time!!

Every time I delete an email I don't want, a square shaped "pop up" comes on the monitor and has "cancel" and "ok"! When I delete something, I delete it; I don't want to have to keep hitting an "ok" on an unnecessary pop-up! It's time consuming and irritating at the same time. Can we please stop getting those??

188th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base