AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix the order you throw things out

you don't throw trash away in a barrel by sticking it down the bottom of the can by the date you received it from the store...so why don't you sort the mail we discard in the order we discard it!

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limitations on categories

Why are there only three categories in the calendar system (Personal, Birthday and Holidays). It would be beneficial to have others such as work, meetings and travel, etc. or at least a way to color the three categories differently.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why can't I edit the subject line in an email in my inbox?

It's really annoying that we can't edit the subject line in an email. For instance, my real estate agent sends emails with the subject line Properties of Interest". I would like to edit that to show which actual location the email is referring to.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. incoming notification for new emails need to include who it is from and not just the subjext line

Not sure where this suggestion has gone however it does not appear to be here any longer...New Emails notifications that pop up on my iPhone or iPad show the RE line, 1st line of the body of the email and the date/time. It also shows FROM but it has MY info as this one I'm looking at is a reply to my email. NO WHERE does it show WHO is replying to my email. On new emails to me (not a reply) they don't show ANYTHING as to who it is FROM. PLEASE! include the FROM in the notifications on…

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so I can use my iPad to block email addresses because none of your mobile apps have the option to do so.

I should be able to use all of the things I can on a computer, while logged in to AOL, as I should on my iPad? That just kind of makes sense.

111th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scam

why do you allow the Dragons' Den bitcoin sacm to advertise on your mail home page?

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please give us an option to change the colors in the mail window. My eyes are burning from all the bright white. Please give my eyes a break

Please give us an option to change the colors in the mail window. My eyes are burning from all the bright white. Please give my eyes a break.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 127th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to include my logo as part of my stationary but can't

Should be able to add company logo as part of stationary

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please STOP removing MY emails from their file folders or archiving them auto? - Why is there no setting me to change this? I want keep ALL

-there used to be MY option to choose whether to archive or delete emails for any of my folders, now that option has gone, i WANT THIS BACK - why are you/aol archiving them or deleting them auto without my auth with no avail settings to change this myself. I do NOT want them archived!

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The flag next to the selection box

The placement of the important flag next to the selection box is in a bad place. When you try to delete several emails at once that may be advertisements that you choose not to view, you accidentally hit the flag because of its placement and loose the selections you have made to delete. Put the important flag in a different area. This is annoying.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outage and Technical Alerts

Need an alert system for AOL mail members to let them know when the mail service is down. A text alert system would be great. Today I could not download documents on my PC or on my phone. This made for a very unproductive work day. If I had confirmation that it was a server issue as I suspected it was, I could have made alternate arrangements to receive the documents I really needed to download today.

111th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow automatic forwarding of incoming messages without leaving of copy of the messages

I would like to be able to choose to forward all my incoming messages to another email address and not keep a copy of those messages on the original server.

111th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Making Drastic Changes!!

Stop moving "Favorites" links around and/or eliminating them!!!

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folders Header Settings

We need an extra column header in the folder : "send To" ! when l move an e-mail l have sent in a folder it only shows my adress in the column "From"...l dont see the point !

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. back button

Back button bails you out of mail so you have to log in again, please find a way to fix this....I have to relog in several times a session.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AOL has so many ads, it interrupts loading;(

Come on...capitalism has become ridiculous!

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base