AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand your email format to be as as close to OUTLOOK as possible.

Expand your email format to be as close to OUTLOOK as possible. Outlook has excellent composition features which are lacking on AOL.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need an option to Delete a Sent Item

Some networks allow users to delete a sent item before it is opened.
    Since the "Save Draft" and "Send" buttons are next to each other, we need an "Unsend" button.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why did my security question disappeared? I want it back!

Today I want to reset my secret insurance.
    I was surprised to find that option was disappeared after I deleted my old security question.
    Now I want it back!

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you previously created an Account Security Question (ASQ), you may be prompted to enter it when signing in to certain parts of your AOL account. You can no longer create or update your ASQ. Instead, we recommend you turn on 2-step verification and add a recovery phone number and email address to your account.

5. Option to use regular AOL webmail on tablets

Why can’t I use regular AOL webmail on my tablet? When I logged on to my AOL e-mail for the first time, I was forced to use AOL Mail for tablets and I HATE it! I specifically don’t use any e-mail clients on my iPad because the interfaces and capabilities are awful, nothing like using regular webmail or full-featured desktop e-mail client.

You’ve got all the necessities available in the tablet interface, why can’t I just use it like using regular AOL webmail on my laptop? It’s all just whatever internet computer languages are used (HTML, PHP, Java, etc.), so…

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please have emails that I receive have actual return address so i can BLOCk them , although blocking doesnt seem to work

blocking should work , Make sure incoming email has a actual returnable address to be able to block them.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 127th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

127th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I HATE being forced into using red fonts from links, not being allowed to change the color. GET RID OF THEM!

I think AOL should not be dictating the color of links I choose to embed in my email in RED FONT. UGLY! I can't stand them.

The color RED should not be written in stone. We need to be able to change the color. RED is not always palatable, and I, for one, have trouble viewing the color red. It's ******* my eyes. I can't even change the color to a dull red!

Fix it, please!

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blinking words within emails

It would be great if there was a way to not only highlight words in an email, but to have them 'blinking' as well.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete ALL messages

When I select all msg to be deleted AOL always asks if I'm sure. Of course I'm sure or I wouldn't do it! How can I avoid this annoying msg?

127th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When i open my mail the first mail is open for 2seconds then goes to old mail. This started when you did changes. This might be just on my a

My first mail is going to old mail before i have chance to read it. This is a problem since you did the changes.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can honestly say that your browser/interface for email is one of the worst I have ever seen

I have persevered with the interface since the conversion from Verizon and I must say it has not gotten any better. You would think there would be some improvement or at lease up to the standards of the current century.
    Let's go people. Do something even if its wrong.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Updating Account Information

Lately AOL has been asking me to update my contact information by adding additional phone numbers, email addresses, etc. You seem only to accept mobile numbers, but you don't say so. When I add my landline number, you assume it is a mobile. Then I just have to remove it. This happens on several accounts.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please CARE about AOL member wants & restore EMAIL ALERTS sending text notifications when certain sender mail was received --

Not everyone lives online.

If AOL wants to keep members & give value, stop pushing unasked for products and services and please deliver those functions and features this long-time member actually relied upon & utilized frequently.

Really tired of indifferent AOL customer service.

I am PAYING for this ACCOUNT, but AOL delivers incredibly poor customer interaction, and trying to gain assistance, even when the source is AOL technical difficulties, is just infuriating. With every issue and contact, I get closer to leaving AOL. . .

What is WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY that they cannot listen -- or grasp that they…

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create "move to" folder algorithm for move "after" or "if older than" date

I have a massive inbox. I would like to move bulk mail into "year" folders. If I could at least indicate all of like "2017" emails to a folder I could reduce the inbox to maybe 4 back months of emails, and have yearly saved folders.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. include social media sites with ads

why not include social media into mail with family ads? i'd buy into that!

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base