AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL is not concern about your convenience!

It's very obvious that AOL does NOT have your interests at heart! Just look at all the pleas and requests to put back the spam blocks to stop unwanted mail and yet NOTHING has been done about it by AOL. THEY DON'T CARE about WHAT YOU THINK OR WOULD LIKE!!! They're ONLY out for themselves! Close your accounts and go somewhere else. There are other places out there, that will block unwanted spam mail!

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spam Reports

Make logging in quicker!!! Give us better Spam controls that work!!!!
    Reduce the ads!!! We SHOULD NOT have to pay to stop ads!!!!
    What are you people doing?!
    Email should be simple, fun, convenient, and efficient. NOT anymore.
    Do you want to make people move? Make a bad name for yourself?
    Geez, in this day and age - you should be able to figure this out.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Offer a right-click menu option to restrict spam addresses.

Give the option to restrict spam addresses or entire domains with a right-click menu option on a spam e-mail, rather than having to jump through hoops to individually add each one to the restricted list.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recovery Phone Number

Change your instructions to read that you only want a MOBILE (i.e. cellphone) number -- but NOT a landline number.

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  64 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow me to actually remove people's old, unused, prior email addresses from the AOL app on my phone!

Add a feature to the phone app that allows contact addresses to be removed!

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You may have cost me my biggest client.

DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH ANY OTHER REQUEST. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!
    I used to be able to have the spam filter turned off. Suddenly, AOL started deciding what was spam. I don't see this on Outlook where I collect my message. I had eight orders from one company go into spam. Give back the option to disable the spam blocker. I can decide for myself what I want to keep and what I want to delete.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Your 'unseen' ads, running in the background, slows my computer down to the point it takes 5+ minutes to type one line. I've worked o

Stop running 'unseen' ads in the background in the email. It slows my computer down to a near stop in the email. The message comes up 'This web page is using significant energy, etc. I finally clicked 'control' on that warning, and up comes an entire ad.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MY ACCOUNT HAS 35 PEOPLE I DON'T NO REMOVE THEM. REMOVE A PHONE CALLS I USED PHONE TO MANY TIME MY TRUE PHONE NUMBER OS 360-2011895

I NEED MY PHONE CALLS ALL REACED AND START OVER USED PHONE TO MANY TIMES I HAVE 35 PEOPLE ON MY ACOOUNT THAT DON'T BELONG THERE REMOVE PLEASE**@AOL.COM

273rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block without opening

I would like to be able to block from receiving any e-mail at all from senders without having to open the e-mail address to see the sender's e-mail address. A right click on the e-mail should suffice like when I chose to delete an e-mail without opening it.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. News On AOL.. --

You show a "story" of interest and when clicked on it opens in a new tab . You have to click "Next Page" far too many times to reach the one that addresses your original story theme. It takes too much time to read thru all the background and I normally click off these stories.

Also.. the old format of AOL was better as you could access yr files off line... Hope feedback is helpful.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I can only download one attachment.

I was able to download multiple attachments in an email. I can only download 1 file and have to close AOL mail, reopen AOL mail for the other files.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. how can we forward our aolmail to another mail account

how can we forward our mail to another account. Please let us know?

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why doesn't AOL "remember" me?

Why doesn't AOL "remember" me. I click "keep me signed in", which supposedly is teh replacement for "remember me". But I also later sign out, of course. It doesn't remember me when I return.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turn off SPAM filter

I used to be able to disable the spam filter. I can no longer do that. I use POP to retrieve my email and am missing very important emails because they are not delivered to me but saved on your site. This negates the usefulness of POP. Why don't you give the users the option to disable spam filtering? It makes no sense that you don't. Please fix this!!!!

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SPAM Filter ??

Your spam filter regularly moves messages from my kid's high school list serv into the spam folder. I had to turn the filter off, so I wouldn't miss any important e-mail, now the messages get filtered out again. What is going on!!
    And add to the list of blocked mail entire domains, not just individual addresses. Actually you should allow for a list to be imported.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By continually using the Not Spam button, you are training your spam filter and our systems to recognize important emails. Additionally, if you are using an email application, like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, or the mail app on your mobile device, please check the incoming mail filters in the application’s settings, and change the filters, so that all new emails are kept in the Inbox.

In order to block incoming emails from an entire domain, go to mail.aol.com – Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings – and add the domain name (e.g. @example.com) inside the “Block Mail From Addresses I Specify” field, click the plus button, then Save Settings.

20. PUT BACK THE BLOCK ALL MAIL CHECK BOX

Put back the block check box so I can block all mail!!!

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base