AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Anti Trump news feed. It's ridiculous already and you can't vote on those who say the same

You need to stop the Anti Trump news feed. Please make it fair to all parties.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPAM - Return to Sender

Have a "RETURN TO SENDER " button that tells them to STOP sending mail. This will force them to deal with a flood of email in their box. AOL customers should not have to deal with trying to unsubscribe to all the junk mail. WHO SOLD my mail address to all of the Spam senders; AOL? STOP IT .

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  152 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments.

For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments. If I go into the old version there is no problem. Please advise how to fix.

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop forcing us to mark spam as "not spam" to click unsubscribe links on spam emails!

What idiot made this policy I don't know but by permanently blocking all links and images from emails in our spam folder you force us to mark spam as "not spam" to unsubscribe from spam mailing lists. This is a horrible, horrible idea. Get rid of it.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto-Adding Contacts

Why don't my new contacts get auto-added in to my contacts list?

244th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please show destination Links

In the old AOL desktop if you hovered over a link it showed the true detination link

This web based system doesn't do it. Is it possible to reintroduce on the web based system
    ?
    In these days of Phishing, spam and fruad it would be very useful

103rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Continuous Spam from some domain .CLUB regardless of how many times I try to block it, it keeps coming every day.

I keep getting spam emails from all sorts of places and they all end in .CLUB. How do I stop this, its getting very annoying.

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. News On AOL.. --

You show a "story" of interest and when clicked on it opens in a new tab . You have to click "Next Page" far too many times to reach the one that addresses your original story theme. It takes too much time to read thru all the background and I normally click off these stories.

Also.. the old format of AOL was better as you could access yr files off line... Hope feedback is helpful.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sort emails by sender.

It isn't possible to sort anything in the "from" column any more. I wish I could - it would help me find emails I have missed, as well as make it easier to delete

156th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How about some positive article about President Trump. Always negative, shows how bias you are.

How about some positive article about President Trump. Always negative, shows how bias you are.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eliminate free advertising for Trump

you should not show an advertisement to "meet Melania Trump" if you contribute to his campaign in the "Today on AOL" page. Not even sure that's legal as it looks like free advertiseing to me. At least make the jerk pay for the exposure. The whole thing is offensive to me. Otherwise I like AOL a lot.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stop with the games on paswords

I have an ebay account for years you people ***** up account totally so I can't use it why

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I CAN NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS OR DOWNLOAD MORE THAN 1 FILE IN AN EMAIL

Lately when I open AOL and there are attachments to open i can only open one attachment and then i have to log out and re log in and open the email again and open the 2nd and then repeat to do the 3rd or 4th etc. this is annoying and was never like this, why can we only open 1 email with an attachment ???

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UNSUBSCRIBE NOT WORKING

Recently the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of spam emails doesn't work. Why? At the top of spam there is now a yellow bar that contains the message: we have disabled links and pictures. If you think it's safe then mark it as 'not spam'. It's SPAM! How the do I know if it's safe or not? Frankly, I don't want to find out. I just want unsubscribe and not get their ** spam anymore and delete what I have gotten. Get it sorted, AOL.

156th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You may have cost me my biggest client.

DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH ANY OTHER REQUEST. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!
    I used to be able to have the spam filter turned off. Suddenly, AOL started deciding what was spam. I don't see this on Outlook where I collect my message. I had eight orders from one company go into spam. Give back the option to disable the spam blocker. I can decide for myself what I want to keep and what I want to delete.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Here's a mine waiting to be stepped on...

Don't do what I just did! I was nearing the end of a detailed email I composed, when I went to another site to copy something I needed to paste. When I back-arrowed to Compose, everything I had written was gone and unretrievable. This AOL non-solution has been around for two decades. Isn't that long enough to fix glaringly poor programming. I was forced to switch from Verizon-hosted email to this train wreck. I suspect that Verizon or Oath broke it when they began leveraging it for Ad and profiling revenue. Email used to be a simple and essential tool.…

74th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. old mail

how can we restore the old mails? mine dissapeared

302nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why, when I'm signed in, am I getting this auto pop up: You are no longer logged in. Please log in again.

Why, when I'm signed in, am I getting this auto pop up: You are no longer logged in. Please log in again. And the system doesn't save the email I spent a long time composing. GRRRR!!!! Why is this happening?

198th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Activation code

Where do I put my activation code

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)