AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Your 'unseen' ads, running in the background, slows my computer down to the point it takes 5+ minutes to type one line. I've worked o

Stop running 'unseen' ads in the background in the email. It slows my computer down to a near stop in the email. The message comes up 'This web page is using significant energy, etc. I finally clicked 'control' on that warning, and up comes an entire ad.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPAM - Return to Sender

Have a "RETURN TO SENDER " button that tells them to STOP sending mail. This will force them to deal with a flood of email in their box. AOL customers should not have to deal with trying to unsubscribe to all the junk mail. WHO SOLD my mail address to all of the Spam senders; AOL? STOP IT .

67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how can we forward our aolmail to another mail account

how can we forward our mail to another account. Please let us know?

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPAM Filter ??

Your spam filter regularly moves messages from my kid's high school list serv into the spam folder. I had to turn the filter off, so I wouldn't miss any important e-mail, now the messages get filtered out again. What is going on!!
    And add to the list of blocked mail entire domains, not just individual addresses. Actually you should allow for a list to be imported.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By continually using the Not Spam button, you are training your spam filter and our systems to recognize important emails. Additionally, if you are using an email application, like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, or the mail app on your mobile device, please check the incoming mail filters in the application’s settings, and change the filters, so that all new emails are kept in the Inbox.

In order to block incoming emails from an entire domain, go to mail.aol.com – Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings – and add the domain name (e.g. @example.com) inside the “Block Mail From Addresses I Specify” field, click the plus button, then Save Settings.

5. Why doesn't AOL "remember" me?

Why doesn't AOL "remember" me. I click "keep me signed in", which supposedly is teh replacement for "remember me". But I also later sign out, of course. It doesn't remember me when I return.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email

Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email. Please fix this.....it takes twice as long to clean up the SPAM folder. Very aggravating....time is important.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Way too much spam and a friending option is needed.

AOL should provide an automatic block and delete spam emails feature instead of letting them get to the spam folder, especially if the sender is not friended. If there was a friending request feature that would let the recipient know that someone wants to friend them that would be different, then the recipient could accept or decline. That is an option that would be useful.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. you have choices. Stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these ads

You have 3 choices: stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these stupid ads

108th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need sub folders inside any folder.

We need sub folders inside any folder. It does not make sense to create a new folder any time without the chance to group them!

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please stop showing me this "sponsored" email garbage.

Please sstop showing me this "sponsored" email garbage

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. screen advertising better before accepting it.

Please stop posting ads that are in foreign languages. It's very disturbing.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off SPAM filter

I used to be able to disable the spam filter. I can no longer do that. I use POP to retrieve my email and am missing very important emails because they are not delivered to me but saved on your site. This negates the usefulness of POP. Why don't you give the users the option to disable spam filtering? It makes no sense that you don't. Please fix this!!!!

50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. news

The journalists at AOL must think we are all stupid. The news stories that you post on the front page of AOL are nothing less than insulting the intelligence of readers. I agree with the comment made by another AOL user - "Your news is NOT worth reading...pathetic." SOOOO TRUE!!! Now I am to the point where I just ignore anything on the front page of AOL because it is like opening the pages of the National Enquirer. Really???

23rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Block without opening

I would like to be able to block from receiving any e-mail at all from senders without having to open the e-mail address to see the sender's e-mail address. A right click on the e-mail should suffice like when I chose to delete an e-mail without opening it.

50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need to see both emails

How can I see and receive my emails that are being sent to both my old email address and my new aol email address without having to open them separately

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subjecct matter that u went to c

why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subject matter that u went to c it *** & I dont even bother anymore.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app.

It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app. Management of my email without these filters is quite cumbersome. You used to have them. Please include them in the next (hopefully very soon) update. Thank you!

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base