AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The inbox isn't showing any of my new e-mails? I can only see make them appear if I switch to Basic version.

The inbox isn't showing any of my new e-mails? I can only see make them appear if I switch to Basic version. This is happening more often than I care for. Sometimes I cannot access my inbox for a whole day and it requires me to sign out and re-loggin to regain access. Very annoying having to switch to Basic version.

Also, this is ONLY a problem on my laptop using Apple MacBook Pro so it may be related to the last two iOS.

Help!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All my saved e-mails and my contact folder is empty. What happened?

All my saved e-mails and my contact folder is empty. What happened?

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. port 995 for sending emails to 3 party Software not working

port 995 not accessable using my very easy to use 3r party client (client software has not advertising and is MUCH faster than AOL online). I can send out emails (which went away for about a week), but now I can't receive any mails via port 995. And I would add that I changed NO settings prior to the failure. Also, prior to failing completley, I had to to "ping" the Send/receive 5 or 10 times to get it to work, but after a few days it completley failed.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There is an ad in my email and cannot be deleted. It's from Verizon Media. I want it gone.

There is an ad in my email which cannot be deleted. It seems to be from Verizon Media. I want this ad GONE. How do I get rid of this intrusive, unwanted ad?

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. block domian

Add option to block all emails from specific country or domain extension.

1728th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Session Timeout

I'm in the middle of actively typing a message to a friend when you interrupt to tell me that my session has closed while I was idle and I need to sign in and start over. So, typing messages is idle work???? Of course nothing was saved and I did have to start all over. What B.S.!!!!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why does AOL request password on a regular basis?

Why does AOL request password update on a regular time frame? I can not find the info requested and no frame or option to update / change password. I am extremly frustrated at this point.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Your cucumber Verizon ad is distasteful and inappropriate. Stop that **** now !!!

Your cucumber Verizon ad is distasteful and inappropriate. Stop that **** now !!!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why am I attached to a UK address that is constantly causing me to get a reply that it didn't go through?

I am constantly getting a note after sending an email that the UK address did not go through. WHAT? WHY....I have been a paid subscriber for years and am finding it harder and harder to use and depend on AOL
    And this UK note is ongoing.

1728th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. STOP demanding a backup phone number for me to sign in. This is an attempt to invade my privacy. STOP.

STOP demanding a backup phone number for me to sign in. This is an attempt to invade my privacy. STOP.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need you to provide a verification to log in that doesn't require a smart phone. I don't have one.\

Please provide ne a log in verification that does not require a smart phone. I don't have one and it is difficult to get in.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blocking spam

There has been a big uptick in spam email since the Corona virus struck. How about a spam blocking option like they have in Hotmail and Outlook? A couple of clicks and it's done. No guess work, no digging around to find the sender's address and it works.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No advertising on my email

Sick of the advertising on top of my list of emails.. It's too complicated and hard to see my emails because of the ads... Now it says I can't send feedback because of pop up blockers.?? What is one to do to fix these problems.?

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. attachments

Please restore the option to download an attachment (especially PDFs) without opening! Thanks!

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop putting a block when I try to access my mail using the Mac Mail APP

I had to change computers because the one I used crashed due to liquid damage. However I was able to save the HD and have it installed in the new PC. Now my Mail App is blocked from accessing imap.aol.com so I cannot get may emails any more. Yes, I used the password created on the AOL website. IT STILL WILL NOT ACCEPT ACCESS TO MY MAIL VIA THE MAC MAIL APP. WHY???

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. get rid

The spam filter is worthless. Please get rid of it or allow me to disable it. It is impossible to look at anything in a message and tell if the user wants it, I download mail to my computer and the filter catches things I want but I miss them unless I go online and look at the spam.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base