AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. search

Searching is not working for items past a month. It does not work in the standard version and ONLY works in the Basic/accessible version. Could someone please resolve the functionality on the standard version of aol mail. Thank you.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi When sending an Email

I'm not seeing an option to request a "Read Receipt", how do I request the read receipt?

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it more dependable

Lately, after composing an email, it states that it was not sent even though it was. During a session, I'm frequently told that I'm no longer signed in and then have to log in again. Often when I delete an email, the screen fades and the deletion is delayed for up to 30 seconds. Usually AOL is very dependable and stable. A friend on the other side of the country who also has AOL has told me that she is having these same problems. Please look into it. Much thanks.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please tell me how I can keep recently deleted mail for a week - sometimes I inadvertently delete, and can't recover. Thanks

Create a setting for keeping deleted mail for a desired amount of time.
    Sometimes, mail is inadvertently deleted, and never able to recover.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tell us how do I stop certain words from getting thru to our e-mails.

I would like to be able to stop certain words from getting to me all together but I do not know how and cannot find anything in any of your setting. I am 70 years old and most of your settings do not help us old people that do not know about computer.

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Taboola

Drop Taboola as a poster on your news page. They post only distorted spam. They list items being in my area with pictures of buildings or desert back grounds that are several thousand mules from my area. They produce rambling worthless items and I have noticed my computer slows down or crashes when on their pages. They are junk and need to be removed.

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AOL has so many ads, it interrupts loading;(

Come on...capitalism has become ridiculous!

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The calendar issue continues and gets worse over the years; 1. need to have calendar for mobile. 2. events disappear often after input.3.

need calendar for mobile

calendar inputs deleted nearly every time

calendar inputs cause immediate'logged out' error message

please fix for chrome.

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Enable reading pane to preview mail in SPAM folder ONLY as an option

The current setting under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > GENERAL is to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL applies to ALL folders. Which I don't use or need. However, I would like to have the PREVIEW MAIL option available only in the SPAM folder.

Suggest adding under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > in either GENERAL or SPAM SETTING, the option to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER ONLY.

156th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

74th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. recently deleted needs an option

add option to choose when recently deleted mail gets permanently deleted. i feel like it deletes to soon

211th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto fill

is there a place that you can check to auto fill forms on aol?? If not, we need one. Thank you

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. leave the themes to us to choose

Asa a Paying Customer for the last 16 years I would like to have my customization left alone. It changes each time I go on line and I have had this theme for 10 years Other wise I will stop paying for a service I'M not receiving anyway as it was a dial up account Prior to 2008 Since I have been using the free version. I see no reason to pay you
    $9.99/ month for taking this option away. Please fix it..

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Saving emails on my PC

Why can't I save my emails to my PC and not have to sign in if I want to read one I saved. The old system was so much smoother and easy to use. Thanks.

81st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Every single time I come over here I have to change from the standard to basic setting. Isn't there a way for you to save my preference?

It is MUCH easier to maneuver in the inbox in the basic/accessible setting than in the standard setting. Every single time I come to the inbox I change it to the basic/accessible setting and yet every single time you change it back. Isn't there something that can be done to save my preferences? This is getting real old real fast.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

81st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Put the ability to switch accounts back in the options.

Put the ability to switch accounts back in the options.

376th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let me export all of my mail including separate folders!!

I would like to export all of my mail and all folders.

156th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hate aol mail. it is horrible.

I am so po'd at Verizon for giving its email service to ****** aol. It is horrible and the support service even paid is horrible.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base