AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked Senders - Auto DELETE

How is AOL so far behind? I am so close to dropping this **** - I've only kept it because it's an email people have known me to have for a long time - but your inability to even make the minimal of easy fixes is astounding. I can't for the life of me understand why your only option for blocked senders is to send it to spam and not to trash. If someone has taken the effort to mark a sender as blocked, we don't want to see it. Period. Come on.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am not receiving the emails sent to my email address.

I am not receiving the emails sent to my email address.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updating Email addresses

PLEASE fix the update contacts area so it DOES NOT go back to the top of the list when you are updating/deleting/changing contact information

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL's so called NEWS

Have had enough of the fluff! We do not need to know what celebrity wore what dress. We do not need to know what car to avoid or what fruit will make your life better. How about providing REAL NEWS that is important to real Americans?

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete large groups of email

Should be able to delete more than 100 emails at a time. I search based on @emailaddress.com but can only delete 101 emails at a time. Consequently I have many tens of thousands of emails. :-(

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AOL could drop emails which does not have the sender address

Recently I received a spam email below.

I hope AOL could drop emails which does not have the sender address.
    Otherwise, some people may actually send a lot of money to spam email senders.
    And also, it is a little bit difficult to block such kind of spam emails.

Best regards,

Shin

緊急のご連絡!

2021/8/20, 金, 15:30
    あなたの新しい友達! (なし)
    宛先:お客様 詳細
    どうも、こんにちは。
    まずは自己紹介をさせていただきますね。
    私はプロのプログラマーで、自由時間ではハッキングを専門にしております。
    今回残念なことに、貴方は私の次の被害者となり、貴方のオペレーティングシステムとデバイスに私はハッキングいたしました。
    数ヶ月間、貴方を観察してきました。端的に申し上げますと、貴方がお気に入りのアダルトサイトに訪問している間に、貴方のデバイスが私のウイルスに感染したのです。
    :
    :
    ただ 17万円 相当のビットコインを私のBTCウォレットに送金いただくだけで止められます(方法がわからない方は、オンライン検索すれば、段階ごとに方法を説明した記事が沢山見つけられるはずです)。
    私のビットコインウォレット(BTC Wallet): 145nf3VeFHo6YdT9GUsYmCnLgeSyN6Q1q9

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How can I change back to the AOL layout I was using before I changed to the "Basic" version?

You need to allow us to choose to try a new layout and then let us return to the prior setting if we wish. I like the way it worked but I wanted to try the "Basic AOL" so I chose to switch to the "Basic AOL". I am unhappy with the way it changed and I wish to switch back to what I was using before! That should be a simple thing to do and "Undo" didn't work on this. Please help!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WHY is AOL blocking my Outgoing mail? Please correct this. Thank you.

Why is OL blocking my Out-going Email? I do not SPAM. I am on several large Discussion Lists where we discuss Politics. Please do not block me. Thank you.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. gmail and outlook

On both Outlook and Gmail (Smartphone based) AOL emails can no longer be received with POP3 settings. Whatever you changed is stopping emails from being received.
    This is making us very unhappy users. If your intent was to drive away customers, it's working.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. REGARDING POSTING ON JOHN WAYNE

Yesterday I read a posting your company made pretty much taking apart
    John Wayne. The man was well loved and respected by many Americans. Hw was not perfect, no one is.... BUT TO TEAR A MAN APART AND TRY TO DESTROY HIS LEGACY BECAUSE YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM OR HIS BACKGROUND WAS WRONG.. IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THAT TO SOMEONE WHOSE POLICTICS ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS, THEN GIVE EQUAL TIME TO TEARNG APART OTHER IMPERFECT PEOPLE... PEOPLE LIKE HENRY FONDA, JANE FONDA, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN,ALEC BALDWIN, KATHY GRIFFIN... ON AND ON... DO NOT BE SO ONE SIDED…

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I HAD 42,000 WORTH OF SOFTWARE AND TOOLS IN THIS ACCOUNT,I WILL SUE AOL

I HAD 42,000 WORTH OF SOFTWARE AND TOOLS IN THIS ACCOUNT,I WILL SUE AOL

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please stop putting viewed mail in "old mail" Can't you keep it in my "new mail" until I send it to old mail.

Would like to have my mail stay in new mail until I decide what to do with it.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. who should i contact to read YASZIWEISZ@aol.com last 8days of Emails???

IMPOSSIBLE to sign in to GET last 8days of AOL mail???

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. client connect

A few days ago my Thunderbird email client stopped working.
    I am a Verizon user and my email is robert.fetter@verizon.net.
    When I start it, it connects to pop.verizon.net and sends my user name, In a while it times out and I get "Sending of password for user robert.fetter did not succeed. Mail server pop.verizon.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later."
    I have a subaccount of dkdfetter set up for my wife and things are working for her.
    I know my password is set right as I can log in to the Verizon web sites.
    To get…

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Continue to enhance spam filters

I would like to know why I received a notice this evening (8/4/2021) that AOL did not recognize my laptop device as one used to log in previously. The laptop is the same one I have been using for over 3 years.

I used the security code sent to my cell phone. Just want to be sure nothing is wrong with any settings.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. today on aol, all i get are 3 boxes with greyed out screen. this is going on for two weeks

it has been over a month and my today on aol all three boxes are all gray, what is being done about this.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Editing my privacy settings

Editing my privacy settings is required to display certain content in new stories on my android mobile.
    When I edit my settings the changes cannot be saved. :-(

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. posting a complaint

1. You ****. There is this new setting. Old mail and or new mail. If I pick keep new mail than All my emails are made new, Or choose the old mail and if I read it then it goes to the old mail folder.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it the way it was just a few days ago!!!!. I want to delete the "old mail" folder. open my new emails that stay in that folder as read emails. Why are you fixing something that IS NOT broken.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base