AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What is the correct server settings for the Migrated Netscape.com Mail

I have three Mail accounts set up in my Mail Client. Two are AOL Mail accounts POP3 and IMAP

The Third is another IMAP account hosted on Outlook.

The two AOL Mail accounts have the correct settings in the Webmail page settings for adding to Third Party Mail Clients.

Not true with the Migrated Netscape Mail Web Mail page that requires searching the Help section, which does not give the correct info for the Migrated Netscape Mail to AOL.com

It should not be this difficult to setup a new mail account in my client.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Migrated Netscape Mail is more useless after migration to AOL Mail

Unable to configure Netscape.com mail for the migrated mail to AOL.com in Tbird.

I already have three other Mail accounts set up in Tbird. 2 are my other AOL Mail account.

There should not be any problem adding Netscape Mail to my mail client.

At this point the only method to use the migrated Netscape Mail is to go to the Webmail page with a browser. And I only am able to access it with my notebook connected to the Library's network. My DUN connection is too slow to load.

So Netscape Mail is now even more useless. Previously I…

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Upgrades are not always welcomed

Now I understand why you wanted to upgrade my netscape account, to throw more ads at me. Thanks again for making my life more difficult.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better account security

For the past two days, I have logged out of my AOL mail -- when I log on the next day, the account is open. Nobody else has used my computer, and I haven't given my password to anyone else. Yesterday, I changed my password, logged out -- and this morning, my email account is open. How can this be?

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i am getting a lot of spam e mails from AOL saying my account will be closed unless i take action, please put out the official ways you com.

please inform customers how to tell if e mails saying from oath or aol are authentic, and that you do not collect passwords as the scammers are trying to do, i get upto 3 emails a day trying the scam

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I just set up a new email for account , sent out to my list and it already kciked it back and started telling my list the email doesnt work.

I just set up a new email for account , sent out to my list and it already kciked it back and started telling my list the email doesnt work.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how can I move all my favorites at one time to another aol email address

how can I move all my favorites at one time to another aol email address

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Your e-mail editor should include an option for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string.

Include an option in your write e-mail editor for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string. You used to have that feature. I don't know why you removed it.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. images that I'm being sent dont 'appear any more suddenly: Why????

images that are send to me don't appear any more in my mail. Why???

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you die, you'll wish you had the time back

I wonder how many minutes of my life will have been squandered by that imbecilic prompt that gives me a warning about consequences of spam deletion, then asks for confirmation. First of all, why should deleted spam be impossible to recover? Secondly, did the designers take into account that some of us have been using PCs since the days that term had not been coined yet. I'd like to be solely responsible for program decisions I make. By forcing idiot-proofing on me, AOL is presuming I'm an idiot and treating me accordingly. More to come...

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When you die, you'll wish you had the time back

I wonder how many minutes of my life will have been squandered by that imbecilic prompt that gives me a warning about consequences of spam deletion, then asks for confirmation. First of all, why should deleted spam be impossible to recover? Secondly, did the designers take into account that some of us have been using PCs since the days that term had not been coined yet. I'd like to be solely responsible for program decisions I make. By forcing idiot-proofing on me, AOL is presuming I'm an idiot and treating me accordingly. More to come...

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. be able to print selected piece of mail like I did for yrs pre new AOL! Awful!

Be able to click and print something in a folder like we could do easily for yrs until this new AOL! I can’t just click see something in 1 of my folders and print it! Why I hate this! I want old AOL like last month’s AOL mail! HELP! I am not alone friends are saying same thing.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No Place to find Amount of Space Consumed

I have looked everywhere on the screen, and there is no place to show how much of the TB, of allocated storage space, has been consumed.

The provided steps do not work- any other suggestions?

Please follow the steps below, in order to check the storage on your account:

1. Visit the Privacy Dashboard page here: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/dashboard/index.html

2. Select AOL from the list of brands.

3. Click Sign in at the top to sign in and see your account data.

4. Click on “AOL Mail” below Your Products section, in order to see the storage and other information.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Just Came Over From Netscape -- When Can I Go Back To Those Settings / Views / Layouts?

Netscape mail was VERY organized and viewable - 20 messages per page, easy navigation to other pages and folders, simple links to move / delete / spam list messages. This AOL page seems to be nothing more than Outlook in disguise.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Not being able to reach a representative is the most disgusting way to run a company!

You treat your customers lousy. I can't reach a representative over the phone no matter how many numbers I have tried. I have been a customer for over 35 years, have paid my bill the very day it arrives or within a day. CHECK MY RECORD!! You say I am past due. I don't have a bill. I show my last bill paid 10/18 received by you 10/23. That was a re-issue check as you returned my original check water marked. It wasn't that way when I mailed it to you! What is the story here? Why am I shown…

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop SPAM FROM YAHOO

AOL ARE USELESS WHEN IT COME TO PREVENTING SPAM, MOST COME FROM YAHOO

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base