AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD an AMERICAN FLAG to your email emojis!!!!!!!.

ADD an AMERICAN FLAG to your email emoji listings!!!!!!!

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. blocking undesired photos on aol opening page

Have a feature, so a repeating photo (for example the one of Trump) can be blocked from the opening page of aol mail. I pay for the aol mail through verizon, so I want to control what I have to look at, a bit. Thnak you

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. why is every single time i sign on i have a pop up from AOL ?

Why is every single time i sign i have a pop up from AOL ?

218th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advertisements

You are allowing advertisements from . This is a scam company. You do not receive the same clothing as advertised. You receive from an address in Chino, Ca. When you want to return the item for a refund, the Company tells you that you have to send it to China at your own expense - which by the way is over $100.00 in shipping costs. Stop showing their advertisements .

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 Improving Email's spell check features and also 2. Folder arrangements

Two points:

1. The e-mail's spell-check has the feature "skip" Why doesn't AOL e-mail's Spell Check has the feature of "Skip All"? This will help in speeding spell check if I have a unique word such as SplChk coming several times in the body of the e-mail.

2. In the Folders arrangement, why doesn't AOL e-mail has the feature of "Nested Folders" such that we can seep several folders in one folder?

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blocking e-mail addresses

Not happy that only 1000 addresses can be blocked. Can you not expand that?

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET NEW CLIP ART

Dear Marketing staff unlike the other millions of americans who access and use aol free my wife and I are still paying the monthly bill after 20 years. When is somebody in that marketing department going to get off their butts and change out the crummy clip art images that have been on there forever....I would be happy for a response even if its " sorry Jim not going to do anything go jump in the lake"....next letter goes to the chairman in New York long overdue thanks

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop removing features. I'm still paying you for the service.

My idea is simple. Return to me what I had before. I'm still paying you for my AOL account. Stop removing features. It's soon not going to be worth it.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?

Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?They are too close and accidents occur. Please move the button apart and add a color change:
    examples: red to delete, yellow for spam, orange for not spam, green for keep as new.
    Or allow customization to do so.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Password

I have a learning disability and request being able to use an old password. Please allow this..

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adverstisment on AOL Opening Page

AOL on its opening page present excellent articles one followed by another. Originally it was a pleasure to read and learn from these Pictorial Articles. But then it appears some smart Alex at AOL thought of interspersing those pages with Advertisements to the point that these ads have become an irritant to the reader. I personally at first skipped these ads. Now I do not even Look at those Articles. I get them better at other sites. I believe that others must be doing the same. I came to AOL for efficiency & security in communicating with my addressee and…

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to be able to edit or delete default Archive folder

The default Archive folder in AOL mail cannot be edited or deleted. Users need to be able to better customize this folder for personal use. Especially helpful would be 1) the ability to change its name, 2) moving entire folders into it for tabbed or layered archiving, and 3) deleting it entirely if desired.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subjecct matter that u went to c

why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subject matter that u went to c it *** & I dont even bother anymore.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. backgrounds

Why are backgrounds not working!!!

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. creating an email account.

I cant create an email account because the only phone I have is a land line & its private. Besides if I did its none of your business. If I cant get an account otherwise stick it up where the sun don't shine

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to see both emails

How can I see and receive my emails that are being sent to both my old email address and my new aol email address without having to open them separately

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Erase emails by the month erase all but selected,

Save tons of space and duplicates gone. Erase by Month all but selected.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app.

It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app. Management of my email without these filters is quite cumbersome. You used to have them. Please include them in the next (hopefully very soon) update. Thank you!

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. news

The journalists at AOL must think we are all stupid. The news stories that you post on the front page of AOL are nothing less than insulting the intelligence of readers. I agree with the comment made by another AOL user - "Your news is NOT worth reading...pathetic." SOOOO TRUE!!! Now I am to the point where I just ignore anything on the front page of AOL because it is like opening the pages of the National Enquirer. Really???

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base