AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need ***** edit

need to edit birth date and it will change ******* to *******
    ***** is dead and I want his name and information re

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Important Emails, and/or auto filter labels and tags?

Hello AOL,
    Is there a way to mark emails from specific contacts as important? So we can search them and perhaps set at custom notifications?
    iOS works great with VIP marked emails using the AOL, however it would be nice to have on your Web Email too.
    Or pehaps filters that automatically flag emails, with customizable labels and colors. This is a valuable outlook and gmail feature and wonder if AOL could devise a similar system?
    Thank you for your attention,
    Kim

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send Later

i'd like to see the return of the "send later" button on email.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How can AOL.com mail open .docx attachments without first downloading? Please advise. Thank you.

Unlike IE, AOL.com mail fails to open .docx attachments using Firefox, without first downloading these files. How can this be fixed? Please advise. Thank you.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding US holidays to calendar!

How to add "US holidays" to my calendar?

171st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to delete all mail with one click

I have over 100,000 emails and will never be able to read all of them. Is there a way I can delete them all at once

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Changes to 'Today on AOL' news feed

When I open a news item on Today in AOL it changes to a page that does not allow me to open any photos and has awful music playing or someone talking about a totally different subject than the news I want to read.
    I hate the new changes. If there is no way to change this I'm off to Yahoo.
    After 23 years of being a faithful AOL customer maybe it's time to move on!!!!

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block email address/domains on mobile devices

Why is it not possible to add email addresses or domains to the block list on the AOL app or from the AOL website on mobile devices? It is ridiculous that I have to login on my laptop to perform such a simple task.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your ***** system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving ***** notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT…

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Theme change

When changing the theme of AOL mail it would be nice to see the AOL mail removed from each theme. Users should know they are using AOL...

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support List-Unsubscribe

I’d love to see AOL support it whereas instead of having to click the unsubscribe link in the email and another webpage opening confirming the unsubscribe you are simply unsubscribed (without the need to load another webpage).

59th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically delete email with keywords

We should have a setting that will allow us to have emails automatically deleted if they contain certain words.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Domain name

How do you get all of your emails to show the domain as @aol.com not @netscape.net?

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would like to be able to sort contacts by date last used.

Date sort option, so can remove old addresses that are no longer used.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow switch between 12 and 24 hour time like allowed on other devices

I prefer 24-hour time stamp but I understand there are those who prefer AM/PM timing. AOL should allow users to chose either selection. Apple does, so should AOL.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base