AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need a dark background. Have asked already 50x. Give us a night view at least if you do not allow back ground uploads.

Please allow us to upload a background, your banner alone is a joke. Google and Yahoo allow you to do that. And if not give us a night view option. I hate a white boring channel. I have asked AOL 50x already. When will it happen?

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sweep function

Please add a sweep function to allow all emails from a selected sender to be deleted with a single click. This feature is available in Outlook and some other email providers, and is very useful for de-cluttering an inbox.

107th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Functions

I should be able to control my information on this account. Add edit function to options account info to allow me to add or delete phone number

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Limitations on categories

Why are there only three categories in the calendar system (Personal, Birthday and Holidays). It would be beneficial to have others such as work, meetings and travel, etc. or at least a way to color the three categories differently.

141st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHY IS @AOL.COM added at the end of my new blocked email addresses???

Why does every email address I put into my blocked mail add @aol.com to the end??? What software did you deploy today that was not tested properly 12/12/18 I put the entire email address in, so there is no need to add this, it is already a valid email address.

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 157th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. have an option in customization to automatically cc or bcc oneself when sending - this way mail will appear on all devices.

have an option in customization to automatically cc or bcc oneself when sending - this way mail will appear on all devices.

329th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review. Should you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out again and tell us all about it. If you find yourself in need of help or support, make sure to check out http://help.aol.com/ for online help

9. Add, Not Take Away = More Paying Customers

How can you really expect ANYONE to like your service? You have continued to reduce and take away features that we once enjoyed! It never improves from the moment it starts. Instead, you reduce it and make it more difficult and lame. How does this make good customer support/service? This has been the problem of AOL since its inception. You still don't get it. Add features, don't take away! Follow Google!

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 329th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inserting photos or pictures you only have 3 size options it distorts the picture I don't want to attach it

I dont want just 3 sizes for inserting photos they look blurred can we have it back to normal I don't want to attach I belong to a group we see previews as we open them it also makes photos blurred when sending to family they have to be you're size small, medium, or large well some come inbetween.

329th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. mark items as new even when read already

On then main 'New Mail' page when I have read an email but choose to keep it as new I need to know it is going to do that, Therefore either put a flad/tag to show it is being kept as new or revert it to new i.e. shown in bold.
    Thanks

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow automatic forwarding of incoming messages without leaving of copy of the messages

I would like to be able to choose to forward all my incoming messages to another email address and not keep a copy of those messages on the original server.

157th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. include social media sites with ads

why not include social media into mail with family ads? i'd buy into that!

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. need to be able to 'see' my password in my admin area---(not just black dots)...folks like me that may need to change to a different browser

Need to make visible in the admin area of my account a place to see my password...not just black dots..

If you don't understand my suggestion then you aren't experienced enough to understand the solution..

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: Sorted folder loses sort when all marked and set to read.

To have a stable working set, i move all my incoming mail toa "Sorting" folder. Today it was set to sort by From. I clicked to check all and then set them all to 'read'. I lost my 'From' sort, had to click the header twice to regain the sort.

329th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add the current Date and Time to the top of all pages

Please add the option for a current Date and Time box. I have no clock on my computer

212th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base