AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate the necessity of deleting an email message 4 times.

Eliminate the necessity of deleting an email message 4 times. I delete a message once; I'm asked if I really, really want to delete the message; I answer "Yes." Then the message goes to the "Recently Deleted" folder. There I must delete it twice more. Who considers this an improvement ? I'm considering severing all my contact with AOL. Other browsers have reduced the number of times a person has to delete an email message.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disable auto send

It would be great if the automatic send feature (Ctrl+Enter) could be disabled. Just sent something by mistake while typing the email.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scam

why do you allow the Dragons' Den bitcoin sacm to advertise on your mail home page?

303rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shut off Autosave function of the Draft or at least give the option to shut it off - annoying; or let us manually save a draft!

I want to shut off the "autosave" function of an email draft. It's annoying and the autosaving is interfering with the sending function. At a minimum give us the option of manually saving a draft. We used to be able to shut it off under the Compose settings, but I can't see it. I'm using a desktop. Please shut it off!

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why have you changed the enable link process in your emails?

I used to be able to click on a link within an email and it would ask me if I wanted to enable links, I would click on enable and then click the link again and go to that link. This no longer works. I now have to turn off my Pop-up blocker in order to look at anything in my emails. This is crazy! I don't want to get Pop-ups on everything, I only want to be able to go to the links that I want. PUT THIS BACK!!!!!

303rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please restore the text alert feature that I received when getting email from certain contacts. Would have been very useful during Florence!

Please restore the text alert feature that I received when getting email from certain contacts. Would have been very useful during Florence!

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For decades I have depended on AOL for my my primary correspondence. With various new ownerships, Oath, and who knows the resulting fracture

For decades I have depended on AOL for my my primary correspondence. With various new ownerships, Oath, and who knows the resulting fractures within the company as a result, the new comers have managed to ruin a household name. Of course it could be argued what do I expect from a free service — well nothing is free at the end of the day, and anyway AOL was produced out of innocence and a new era not unlike the discovery of the wheel. So now you have grown-up with the realization you can control people completely and close the door on…

303rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Combine all emails included in the same conversation into just one email.

Right now all emails coming in are treated as separate emails, even though many are replies to an earlier email sent out. Why not combine the replies with the original email to reduce the number of entries in our Inbox?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow option to include a column for email size (in kb) in the regular listing

I'd like to be able to view the size of each email (in kb or mb), in order to permit selection of very large emails that I may not wish to download to the client - or that won't download to the client. Consider adding a column to the email display list. Or add a setting with checkboxes so I can choose the columns I wish to display. Thanks for your consideration.

421st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. dropbox

On mobile AOL mail, it does not offer the option to surf Dropbox for files. It will only allow a very limited set of folders on my phone. Please add this functionality.

303rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop the "Control-Enter" method of sending email.

I'm very tired of having my reply sent before I'm ready because I hit "control-enter" by mistake while typing. I would very much like this characteristic of the system to go away, or at least have the option to disable it. Mousing over to the "send" button would be my only preferred way to send a message.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Advertisement of Guns!

Please stop advertising GUNS on my e-mail page!!!

176th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Merge Yahoo Account

It would be nice to be able to link or merge my Yahoo and AOL accounts. A combined contacts list would be helpful to update details in one place instead of two. And a combined email inbox would make it easier to stay up to date with friends. The AOL and Yahoo mail look and feel have converged; it would be great to go further and unit the two services.

157th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why does the *****-in-Chief appear to the right hand of the main page continuously? Is there a way that is can be removed?

Allow us (users) to omit offensive subjects, like this subject matter of the clueless *****!!!

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color our Email page like Gmail and Yahoo mail. (not a stationary issue)

Please allow us to color our email page with either a personal picture or a picture online. And please do not merge this request with "stationary issues." I am referring to our personal email page. Thank you.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sending emails from aol to cell phones.

Will we ever be able to sent emails to cell phones again?????

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mail Away Message Area - create a window there for customization without being away

Regarding the mail away message area - please create a window there for the user's customization without being away. Thank you.

176th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Seriously, change the interface.

It just looks too much old and is a mess !! Fonts like Avenir Next or Helvectia Nue should be used.

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. switching aol accounts

need to swirch to new email

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about, and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more details for us on what you’re commenting on?

20. AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

648th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base