AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TRUMP 2020

AOL reports Trump behind 10 points in polls. Tens of thousands at Trump rallies across country.. 3 at Biden rally...oh wait a surprise election landslide for TRUMP AOL did not see coming

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically save an e-mail address into the Contacts folder

Automatically save an e-mail address into the Contacts folder

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tell us how to make changes to our folders?

Tell us how to make changes to our folders, how to delete, how to change titles etc.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make email easier to block

Can you please ,make it easier for users to block emails,/domains ect ,,
    at the moment we have to manually enter in to the block senders part,, can you not simply/tick box make a icon to block a sender on emails/ spam page ? to block them!

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop biased articles on home page

Aol...could you just be a professional organization and stop trying to feed us your bias against the President? Is this Aol employee driven and no one is paying attention or "top down" efforts? Do you want normal people that don't want biased news forced on them to go elsewhere?

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop the anti republican propaganda. I'm sick of it and looking for a new email service.

Stop the anti republican propaganda. I'm sick of it and looking for a new email service.

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop the left-wing propaganda. You have no X-gen or Millennial customers so why push this **** on your existing customers from 25 years ago

At the very least, let me block all news from AOL so I don't get ****** off enough to change my email. Beyond disgusting how much left wing propaganda you shove in our faces.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove AD from 1st item daily in my INBOX!

I have turned OFF every possible option you give on ADs under some pull-down you offer, only realized recently the FIRST ITEM every day in my INBOX is a highlighted Ad. As if it's an unread email!!

This is outrageous that you've put in and I cannot find a way to NUKE IT!

638th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Advertisements

You are allowing advertisements from . This is a scam company. You do not receive the same clothing as advertised. You receive from an address in Chino, Ca. When you want to return the item for a refund, the Company tells you that you have to send it to China at your own expense - which by the way is over $100.00 in shipping costs. Stop showing their advertisements .

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Deleting emails

Please put back old way of deleting emails by highlighting one one then using the down button and deleting several at one time instead of clicking one on and deleting.
    It is time consuming and annoying.
    Also my emails from May 9- June 16 are missing. I need them restored.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. From my inbox disappear all my emails,I did not deleted!Can you restore ali my inbox emails

From my inbox disappear all my emails,I did not deleted!Can you restore all my inbox emails!?Thank yoy

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Political Bias

Can you please stop with the Trump attacks everyday on your site? It's really a lousy way to start your day when you are reminded how pathetic the media has become with their bias. You don't even try and hide it anymore.

Do you really think Americans are that stupid to read your headlines?

638th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Where did my 3 month old "Old Mail" go too ?

I can find "Old emails","Deleted", "Spam" etc. from Dec. 2017 to Dec. 2019 but emails for Jan.2020 to May 2020 are gone. How can I find them?

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inbox deletes itself immediately

Why do my messages delete themselves immediately after they are pulled onto one computer? This started today 04/07/2020. I need my messages on all devices! Where are my messages?

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SPAM Choice controls

I use my spam file for two things: (1) all the **** that gets sent can easily be deleted (and this seems to have gotten worse during the stay-at-home orders; and (2) to receive email from companies that I do want, but that send an enormous amount of email. On the second bullet here, I then can identify them quickly, open up and quickly determine if I want to keep or not. Have done this since opening an AOL account - 15+ years ago. Today, in looking through my SPAM file I find that AOL has decided how I will…

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Here's a mine waiting to be stepped on...

Don't do what I just did! I was nearing the end of a detailed email I composed, when I went to another site to copy something I needed to paste. When I back-arrowed to Compose, everything I had written was gone and unretrievable. This AOL non-solution has been around for two decades. Isn't that long enough to fix glaringly poor programming. I was forced to switch from Verizon-hosted email to this train wreck. I suspect that Verizon or Oath broke it when they began leveraging it for Ad and profiling revenue. Email used to be a simple and essential tool.…

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I cannot see my contacts. It reads ‘error loading Address Book'

I cannot see my contacts. It reads ‘error loading Address Book'

460th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For your security we disabled all images and links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.

How can I get rid of this message? For your security we disabled all images and links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.
    I miss being able to open and unsubscribe! To many non spam emails hitting the spam folder. Very Frustrating!

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Politics in your news

Your political postings are biased and atrocious. Please be more neutral in your news. This type of reporting is one of the major problems in this country.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Constantly asking to verify my telephone number and recovery email account

Been a member since your inception and getting pretty tired of you asking for my mobile phone number and alternate email account supposedly for security reasons. You have my alternate account and I will never give you my mobile number, so stop asking and get on with your service or I will delete my account and use another provider. I will give you 2 months from the date of this message to STOP IT or I will switch over to either my comcast or gmail account for my mail. Hope you understand this!!

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base