AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. recently deleted needs an option

add option to choose when recently deleted mail gets permanently deleted. i feel like it deletes to soon

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a search function for flagged mail

When reading new mail I may flag some, intending to get back to them later. I need a way to search for flagged emails.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. fix email Sent folder. Now shows email address only, even though "show names" is checked

Even though my mail settings have the checked box next to "Show sender names instead of email addresses in message lists" , Sent folder now only displays the email address of whom I sent to. This was not the case until about a week ago, when a couple of things broke in AOL email. To include a 2 year old calendar event from 2016 mysteriously popping up into this month in 2018. Looks like AOL did and upgrade or had to to a restore from backup on their mail server and something didn't go as planned.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto Save Attachments

Give the option to open or save attachments.. I hate that your webmail auto downloads attachments to my devices!! That should be my choice. It should open in either the reading pane of the email, or another window on the browser. NOT TO MY COMPUTER STORAGE. I have to use the email for work and it is truly a pain and inconvenience to have to download all of the attachments and then search for them and delete them!

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. E-mails

The new method for attaching addresses is not an improvement. One must now scroll the through all addresses alphabetically to locate an addressee. If the person's last name begins with a "W", you need to scroll through all addressees "A through V" to get to the "W's". You used to be able to highlight the "W" and then scroll to find your desired addressee. Much easier!

149th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit Functions

I should be able to control my information on this account. Add edit function to options account info to allow me to add or delete phone number

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Some of us still use land lines. Could you call to give a verification code so not to be locked out of aol?

Could you call a land line with verification code. Some of us still have landlines. I don't want to get locked out because I can't get verification code. That would be a disaster.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seriously, change the interface.

It just looks too much old and is a mess !! Fonts like Avenir Next or Helvectia Nue should be used.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send SMS message when foreign based browser accesses email account.

Warn users that their email account is being accessed from a foreign country. You currently record such information and if the user goes to security they can see that it has happened. Send an SMS message when a new browser accesses an account.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The option to add read receipt to the email

Give the option to have read receipt for emails

149th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add, Not Take Away = More Paying Customers

How can you really expect ANYONE to like your service? You have continued to reduce and take away features that we once enjoyed! It never improves from the moment it starts. Instead, you reduce it and make it more difficult and lame. How does this make good customer support/service? This has been the problem of AOL since its inception. You still don't get it. Add features, don't take away! Follow Google!

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I need a dark background. Have asked already 50x. Give us a night view at least if you do not allow back ground uploads.

Please allow us to upload a background, your banner alone is a joke. Google and Yahoo allow you to do that. And if not give us a night view option. I hate a white boring channel. I have asked AOL 50x already. When will it happen?

81st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Listening to your subscribers

You only annoy people if you run controversial ads, like those for Planned Parenthood, that people find morally offensive

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is aol working on an app that will allow me to install my aol calendar on my android phone that will sync with my PC and vise versa

Is aol working on an app that will allow me to install my aol calendar on my android phone that will sync with my PC and vise versa

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. mark items as new even when read already

On then main 'New Mail' page when I have read an email but choose to keep it as new I need to know it is going to do that, Therefore either put a flad/tag to show it is being kept as new or revert it to new i.e. shown in bold.
    Thanks

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base