How can we improve AOL?

Why Don't you get rid of this constant old news go back to an AOL that worked

Drop the old news period why do we have to be subjected to a torture by looking at the same stuff over and over

3rd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AM TRIED OF COMING ON AOL AND SEEING THE SAME OLD STORIES THAT I HAVE READ OVER MOTHS AGO.

Why do you show the same story multiple times on the carousel? It just makes it too long to use. Also, I have a personal policy not to ever look at one of those stories that goes on for page after page, each page having its own ads. Why not make a version of the article (boredom therapy is an example) where I, the user, can see the story without wasting time and keystrokes by having it all as one continuing page.

• GoldLions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fisherman stunned to find out 'doll' he pulled from ocean was actually a living baby. AOL PLEASE REMOVE THIS OFF MY HOMEPAGE ALREADY.

There are only about 7 new articles a day. The other 64 are years old.
        You keep up click bait stories all day like there is no other news in the world. Can't leave a message here without a facebook or google account ??

• Marlene Hinkle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need current news updated - has been the same since Christmas. Need to know what is going on NOW. Thanks

You have become a fairly useless source of news. You have posted the same articles so often, that when I see the picture that goes with the article or read the headline, I skip over it because I almost know the story by heart.

Your constant repetition of the same stories is boring and loses readers every day! You seem to be fixated on anti-Republican individuals and are driving away the individuals who use AOL the most for mail!

Pictures have been on my home page for over a week, I need a way to turn the pictures off, or delete the article. HELP!! This is with a lot of pictures I am sick of seeing. I should have the right to turn them off, same as changing a channel on tv that I don't want to see.

AOL IS A OLD NEWS SITE, AUTO ADDS, RE-RUN , I DONT KNOW HOW YOU SURVIVE..YOU NEED HELP

Today you ran a gut-wrenching story about Ron Howard's father's death....which happened over a year ago!! There is enough tragedy in the world today without rehashing historical information.

Old articles(20-30) to fill the 71 daily is not what I would call journalism. More like plagiarism. New article daily should be the choice. Stop being Lazy and do some actual news gathering.

I miss the days when your lead stories were actually lead stories and not a lot of fluff and recycled stories and reprocessed fillers.

I've been a member of AOL for years. But I'm ready to leave AOL and move onto another carrier who will report the 'news' and not unsubstantiated stories, rumors, innuendoes, insinuations, etc. Sometimes you repeat stories that are weeks and month's old. What's the point of it? Why? Slow story day? Have some common decency and professional ethics. Stop demeaning people and in a way bullying and harassing them. I'm sick of it.

It is the age of the internet.......why so many old stories repeated and repeated again and again.

Get rid of the gross ads and news stories. Provide only current events and stop recycling. It is getting to the point that I rarely open AOL and am considering cancelling it all together. Get your act together.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding the old articles behind new pictures dosen't make the article new. Or more interesting

• Jim James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an article that has appeared week after week for many years showing the depreciation faced by the "20 worst" cars. Among other things it lists the Lincoln MKZ as a big loser in spite of the fact that it has not been manufactured or sold for the last two model years! Further, as a car buff I noticed a number of "facts" that simply aren't true. The articles that say "Next" I simply click the X. Talk about time wasters! They are written for a fifth grade education level and take forever to make a point with pages full of extraneous BS. Grow up, AOL. I'm about to leave you for Gmail.

Since 2012 you have been posting "Woman removes burn mask 2 years after brutal attack" as current news. Maybe it is time to find a new news story.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base