How can we improve AOL?

ADS

I have been an AOL customer for a long time. I am tired of all the ADS. I cannot even browse without an AD interfering with my searches. Get rid of your ADS or maybe it is time for me to get rid of AOL.

1st ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

237 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pay for my service from aol I am fed up of these ads especialy turbo tax every time I go into something these idiot ads from turbo tax come up enough is enough or I quit AOL

Go back to free email like you were at the very beginning. We will soon be switching to a free email provider.

• Gordon Starr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PUT YOUR USERS not YOUR ADVERTISERS FIRST. STOP SETTING UP EVERY THING WITH MULITPLE CLICKS SO WE HAVE TO LOOK AT EVERN MORE INVASIVE ADVERTISING.

• Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For years now, across many different Android phones I've owned news articles on aol.com get are blocked from view by banners/ads/"recommended articles" that over lay directly on top of them. Like I said, it's been an issue with my Galaxy Nexus, the Moto X, the Pixel XL, the Pixel 2 XL, across many different versions of Android, and many different versions of Chrome mobile over those years. The entire top half of article is blocked from view. I can reproduce the issue reliably. Does no one who works for aol.com have an Android phone? The issue occurs anytime I click an aol.com article link from Google News or Google assistant launcher. Every. Time. I've figured out that if I copy the AOL.com link, open a new tab and go directly to the site via the URL bar the issue doesn't occur. But when I'm "referred" from a Google site/link I can't see the article. This has been an issue for years!

When will you do something about the first two suggestions? Get rid of ads with the e-mail!

• Bubba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now they put **** ads at the top of my email list! And why is it that AOL is the only email account I have where I receive prodigious amounts of junk mail that I constantly have to unsubscribe to?

******** AOL!

• annette ferster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been an AOL customer for a long time. I do find the ADs interfere with my e-mail. There
    must be a way to remedy this. Please address this issue. Thank you...

For more than a month now none of my comments or replies on conversation have been posted whether I am signed in or not. I am on the verge of cancelling my membership and will do so unless this changes or a valid explanation is provided as to why this has happened in the first place.

AOL executives are causing the demise of AOL. They present to readers a topic and then flood the page with flashing and/or moving advertising notices (while the reader gets three sentences on topic per page and then must click " next page "). Writing style is manipulative in that the reader is channeled NOT to the topic presented but to the advertising of products or services.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way we used to get our news we would select an article and go. Now we have to scroll through endless tabs so you can get as many adds as possible in front of us. I will end my subscription of this does not stop. This uses up all my data on my phone.

There are way too many ads on aol. It is disgusting. Also, too many pictures of tRump. I can't stand to see his ugly mug.

Regardless of the category or subject, or even if I am going though the stories to see which is of more interest to me, as soon as I click on that story, there it is, until I X it out, the invite from **** to daily emails from AOL. Don't just shrug that off. But think about it this way; What if you got an official Wedding Invitation and you were not interested? You'd send the RSVP to the correct party with a yes or no. Now, if it's a no response, it would be in very bad taste to recieve, yet send, a Invitation to the same Gala. Wouldn't you agree?

LESS ADS - Can't get out of them to play a simple game of scrabble. Here's hoping you go bankrupt soon.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base