How can we improve AOL?

Please stop the auto play news boxes! I stop the videos and as soon as I move to the next item it starts up again! So annoying!

5th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback about the auto-play videos. As a result, we’ve created an option just for you to turn off this feature in AOL.com.

To do so, please follow the link below and toggle the option on https://www.aol.com/preferences/
    *Please note – you will need to be logged in for the feature to work.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strongly disdain automatic videos just under headlines. May have to seek another email service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The auto video doesn't stop when you opt out of it, there is something wrong and who would want that to auto play when you scrowl past it,this needs to go

constant old news! auto play videos annoying diddo each time move to next news item it starts up again!

END the auto-play feature for all adds and videos. Just provide start and stop links, and we will watch or end when we choose.

I'm not logging on to stop the videos from automatically playing...what I am doing is dropping aol from my viewing habits....I've had enough of the bs

I click on something I want to look at or read as so as page loads the video starts up on it's own. I'd rather read the text. Then it's adds to start out, like your shoving adds down people throats!

It's ********* you leave auto play on for non aol members. in not signing up with my phone number to just turn this feature off when u ***** can turn it off yourselves. It ******* *****it never works it slows everything down and it's annoying.

• Lenny Tompkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure there's an article here somewhere, but I can't read the damned thing because A NOISY VIDEO AD STARTS PLAYING ON THE PAGE AUTOMATICALLY AND BLASTING THROUGH MY HEADPHONES!!!! What is wrong with you people? Why do you do this to your readers? Let's torture the readers...yes, that will definitely increase page views!!!

Stop the auto play ads....I've had it with the auto play ads. I enjoy looking as the news headlines, but I've had enough and am not coming back to aol for anything other to check my email....The latest ones won't even pause when clicking on the pause button......BYE BYE

your video of inside edition on top of your front page has no way to shut it off and is placed in a spot too easily activated when yu dont want it. if you cant move it fast i will leave aol because it is outrageously intrusive

I've previously solicited your assistance to mute the homepage videos -- without success, I might add. NOW, I can't even pause the playing of the video to make it go away. It's beyond annoying! Please give serious consideration to this request. I thank you in advance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base