How can we improve AOL?

You are abusing your customers. We all know it. AOL content is no longer readable because of the "next page" business model and ad loading.

2nd ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • glenn sweany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been an AOL user since 1500baud modems....a long time. Your current site structure of every home page reference leading to 10-20 separate pages of material is simply exasperating. Many times, you could cover the subject with a single page without all of the wasted time and space in between. You are driving me away from AOL with your wasted space and time.

I don't even log into AOL to get my E-mail, I extract it with an app and read it off site, without your Ads.

Since I do not use Windows as my operating system, your "free" offers do not serve me at all. There just seems to be less and less of AOL that I need or want.

I suspect you are losing customers with your "big ideas" of how a web page should be structured and operated. AOL is becoming a waste of space on the internet. I am going to guess your advertisers are not doing very well either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will no longer be clicking "nest" to get to the actual information an article claims to present. I've had an AOL email address for over 20 years but will happily discontinue its use and have no remnant of AOL on my computer if this tiring practice continues.

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE your pictured news stories....make them ONE article not 10 different clicks of NEXT, NEXT, NEXT B.S

• Henry Goetze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really dislike the way that stories are hyped. Words like "shocking", "startling" are used as hooks for stories, and then I am forced to endure endless ads and "next page" prompts. I so often never make it to the end of the story being disgusted by being baited this way.

• Diane Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed -- two sentences to a page, the NEXT set up so that you go to an ad instead of the next page, spending 30 minutes to read something that should take 3... AOL is becoming a waste of time.

• Penny Arlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have given up on informing myself with information and News thru AOL because nothing is posted in it's entirety. I do not mind scrolling I will NOT hit NEXT to read anything..

• Last loyal fading fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just from what I can see on this page, I see that I'm not the only one with this frustrating complaint. These slideshows and slo mo telling of a story is excruciating, slows down my phone or computer with all the loading of worthless advertising, and is a total waste of time. Everyone makes fun of me for being such a dinosaur and keeping my aol account, and I'm about to give in.

• get it together people commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe print the story on one **** page not force the reader to hit the next button after 10 words..(20 times for a simple story) YOU PEOPLE AT AOL, DO KNOW HOW TO WRITE A COMPLETE STORY, RIGHT?

Your next page stories are just to get your advertisement fees. Either post the story on a single page with the whole story, or don't post it at all. I, along with most others, will not waste the time waiting for the punch line. And then, when you finally decide to enlighten us with the answer, you go off on another tangent.

Enough with the slide shows - I don't have the time or the patience. I like the news feed - just give me the article.

• Jane Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quit with all these advertisements. They are driving me crazy. Have been an aol customer since almost the start I am about to cancel! And then when you have posted a story that interests me... the ever clicking to get the next post. PUT IT ALL UP so I don't have to waste time clicking! Tired of all the advertisements! I NEVER LOOK AT THEM!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reading the comments below, I realize more people are more irritated than I, with the Click Next issue. I had thought the flickering screen was an issue with my computer, but it appears that the programing is installed via AOL to cause that issue, as with the jumping screen, 50 % of the time when you click next, the screen jumps and you end up clicking on the associated add. 100% annoyance. Please fix your system for the benefit of your readers.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understanding AOL is free, however, your "NEXT PAGE" would be more useable and of interest, IF, you were to include the entire story and/or Pictures without having to "Click Next" as after 2-3 clicks, story or pictures are no longer of interest. I will say I use AOL on a daily basis for the current events in the "media" for what ever it is worth, hoewever, it is becoming more of a source of irritation to follow stories due to the click next issue. Using the Click next feature, sometimes causes my computer to freeze some times long periods of time.

• AL MOORE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Verizon.net said they WILL look into this resolution I've BEEN attempting to have AOL correct; as AOL REFUSED my REQUEST; for some UNFORSEEN REASON; Verizon.net stated; being the INTERNET CARRIER of AOL, for almoore81@verizon.net to REPORT ANY DISCREPENCIES that are REFUSED by AOL.com!

Todays B29 Story. Had to go through 20 plus pages to see the B29 caught on fire. TOO MUCH. I will not longer be a PAGE TURNER.

• John Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop making me click through some of the articles. It is a waste of time. I never read anything else on a page as I click through the article anyway. I will stop reading article on AOL that appear in this format.

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hate your scrible stories making you click NEXT PAGE 20 times! make the stories ONE **** PAGE

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base