How can we improve AOL?

You are abusing your customers. We all know it. AOL content is no longer readable because of the "next page" business model and ad loading.

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hate your scrible stories making you click NEXT PAGE 20 times! make the stories ONE **** PAGE

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hate your scrible stories making you click NEXT PAGE 20 times! make the stories ONE **** PAGE

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't make me watch a number of screens to get to the answer to the lead screen.

Dishonest, deceitful, sloppy. Think that about covers it. Next Page is unreadable and overly frustrating. I've read maybe 2-3 stories all the way thru. When I see the Next Page feature, I really go to the next page, another site!!

Agree. AOL provides only gossip and extremely bias political news. What's not old or bias is worthless. It abuses its subscribers and is only interersted in making money and staying "alive."

• R Lewis Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On your human interest videos, when we click on "Next", most often the screen jumps such that instead of getting "Next" we get an ad. This is a sleazy and unethical practice and you should be ashamed.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show your subscribers what they click on will be where it takes you not something else that you did not want to see. Stick to the issue and stop leading members somewhere beside the article they wanted to see.

Absolutely Hate the way I am rerouted EVERY time I click on a story - from page to page to page. What a complete way to make it known that AOL does not in anyway really care about news at all!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of having to click next to read your features stories, allow the reading to be continuous. Half the time reading & "next" the article starts bouncing & opens a new advertisement tab instead of the article. Very annoying and most of the time the articles may not be completely read due to your set up of the page. I do read articles most every day, but have become more annoyed than interested as of late.
        I am sure that I am not alone with my comments.

Next page is probably the worst thing I have ever seen I don't bother when I see it. Tell your story without all of the B.S.

• dc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop changing short stories into a novel. keep it about the title and not a history book.

QUITE TRUE!! Give us old AOL back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop playing games with the stories. AOL moves what we need to click on to get us to click on an Ad instead. And we have to click on a "next" like 10 times to get to the real essence of the story. I can see why lots of people leave AOL.

• JMM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With your resources you could be a force in the news world, instead your tabloid stories that require clicking through 50 pages of repetitious **** and ads make you a total joke in journalism. You can't even write a headline with using the words "Shocking, horrendous, unbelievable, heartbreaking, bombshell, HUGE bombshell, epic, stunning, astonishing, mind-blowing, controversial, “sparks outrage,” grisly, horrifying, surprising, chilling, whopping, jaw dropping, outrageous, disgraceful, will make you cry, scandalous, slams, cringe worthy, frightening, massive, disturbing, gruesome, outlandish, horrendous, unsettling, unprecedented, and “will leave you flabbergasted.” GROW UP, you come across like third graders. I can get more thorough news in the check out line tabloids.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base