How can we improve AOL?

Why am I getting British news? I'm in the US???

16th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Responded  ·  Product Support responded  · 

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
Here is an article for instructions: aol.it/1KTJUg6
Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

7 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the news posted for your posted ZIP code actually pertain to your local ZIP code! I have posted and keep updating ZIP code and get news for other States ( Montana and Oregon, or the West side Seattle) and get no news concerning Spokane. Do you want too much money from the local papers to post info for this area?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Orleans has he Pelicans not the Hornets....under local headlines I keep getting news about the Hornets....

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I get news from Wisconsin when I put in a Muskegon Michigan zip code? It wasn't always this way, but something has changed. I try to reset and still get news from Milwaukee WI. However, the weather still says Muskegon Mi. Can you please correct this. I am al long time AOL fan.

• J15491 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the past several days we have not had local news for Berkeley, CA. Could you please put us back on the map? Thanks,

Feedback and Knowledge Base