AOL.com

Aol.

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve AOL. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To have an independant AOL site, and not to "sign IN" through other website's directories is much secure.

To have an independant AOL site, and not to "sign IN" through other website's directories is much secure. Currently AOL is offering to sign in through Google, Yahoo and other engines. In my opinion the offer is old and shall be reconsidered for purposes of security.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editor oversitght of reporter's "news"

Today's front page scrolled news about how closing the border will impact palates, e.g., guacamole, is very petty. Border security for Americans is far more important. Focus on that and move trivial perspectives to most, to a new "Trivia or Other News" interest page and move elsewhere. Stopping illegals, drugs, and human trafficking is more critical! Plenty of food alternatives for those "palates"...

31st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. when did AOL start censoring comments?

No longer can anyone voice their opinion on any subject or post if it doesn't line up with what AOL deems acceptable. Time to dump AOL.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cease glorifying pedophiles/mass shooters by showing their photos. Doing so only encourages others or is this something AOLcondones?

Cease glorifying ****/***** by showing their photos. Doing so only encourages others or is this something AOL administrators condone?

77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want pictures of snakes popping up on home page stopped. I have a phobia about them and they are causing me distress.

I am sick and tired of the snake pictures popping up on the Home Page. They are giving me nightmares. There is no news value in this. It's designed to shock people. If they must use them, put a story line and then post a link for people to click on if they want to see the picture.If AOL doesn't stop this, then I will have to research alternative sites and find one that doesn't do this. Because I can't put up with this. This is my third complaint and nothing has been done.

77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove advertising/video clips

I pay for my account. Not a free email. So why am I constantly bogged down due to advertising and video clips! Not to mention half the time seems can even leave a comment! The system kicks you out! Not good serve for paying 23 dollars a month!

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. You people are incompetent: "Donald Trump Jr. and girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle dress as 'witch hunt' for Halloween" and NO picture.

You people are incompetent: "Donald Trump Jr. and girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle dress as 'witch hunt' for Halloween" and NOT even a picture?

Clickbait, for sure.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Your FAVORITES list "management" *******. Can't organize the way I sued to. Can't print to see what I have.

In the old days I could manage/reorganize listings in my favorites list. I could see what I have. Now, what you have sucks. I can't even print the list to see what I have. Suggest you do better!

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Source the news you report! Often no author identified

Unsourced or unidentified "news" is worthless

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why is it that when I comment on a story there are no likes or dislikes at all?

When I post a comment on a story there are no likes or dislikes???????
    Someone surly has an opinion one way or the other.

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add new graphics in mail after years of nothing....

You have NEVER added new stationery graphics to mail and it's about time you did. I like to send online notes with stationery and they're limited in scope and have not changed ever, as far as I know. Please increase options like u did for themes.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get rid of your POP UP TurboTax ad on your homepage. Tell Turbo Tax to get lost. I would NEVER use TurboTax.

Get rid of your TurboTax POP UP ad. It IS extremely annoying.Tell TurboTax I will NEVEWR use their service.

34th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kansas & Missouri News Inserts

News Inserts on the AOL Mail page are often targeted for Kansas readers. There are two Kansas Citys: one in Kansas and the larger in Missouri. Laws and commerce in the two states are different. Both states should be targeted separately when targeting Kansas City due to the distinctions between the two markets.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us something or do something about the annoying pop-ups from previously visited wet sites that appear in the lower right corner when lo

If I do not return to the website to finish something, it means I don't want to. Block it with your mechanisms.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dump 1/4 page info on screen. Too me it’s **** dumb along with inconvenient & not as easy to READ.

Go back to full page info.
    How can it be erased when changing to different app?, when it stays on screen imposed on NEW page app.
    Have used aol since my 1st computer , WONDERING if it’s time too CHANGE DUMP AOL! X does NOT change info OFF screen

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL Web site

New web page has no way to get to mail, weather. ect.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You have allowed a fraudulent site to be the first choice when requesting info about US citizenship. They stole $199 from us. please reply

When we used your search window to get info for US citizenship, the first site to come up was fraudulent and stole $199 from us. This site appears to be the USCIS offiical site. Once I realized the scam, I made the same request to Google and the fraudulent site you have provided to us, your member, that allowed us to be scammed IS NOT listed with Google. I am very upset about this, having been you customer for many years. How can you allow scam artists to be so prominently displayed in your website. I want a reply to…

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. commentsbelow articles

why have a comments section below your articles if you or someone else is not allowing comments or even votes of up or down ? if this is supposed to be invite only you should say so .

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alternate to social media for forgotten password

Your login asks for a social media contact in case of forgotten password. Why not another email address in case social media is not used?

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base