Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

Go Back

I hate the e mail now. Better before. I dont like the way you try to put a picture in now. I liked the old way. You can resize the pictures in old aol easy.
I hate the way the address go in. I liked the way the old software did.
The find dont work.

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Linda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Information Requested  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Our product team is working on improvements for the photo experience.

They would also like more information about what you mean by hating the way the address goes in. Can you please reply in a comment to this post what you mean by that? What is different in the new version?

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob Krampetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The URL given by Jacobe More on Sept 6 2018, is a FAKE AOL TECH SITE.. It is not owned by AOL, but runs off a purchased URL hosted by GODADDY.COM.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the old way to resize pictures you put into email with a right click menu stating
        "reduce by .....%," or increase by ......%. New way is a big time waster with many steps.

Aol Mail used to have a button that automatically resized photos inside email to make them easier, lighter, to send.

The new version makes it nearly impossible to send photos in email

Version 98.2 was a snap to use and let you RE SIZE photos in email QUICKLY and gave two choices, size for print or EMAIL.

Version 98.2 was FABULOUS. Incorporate ALL 98.2 mechanisms into gold to keep AOL mail the best email service.

• Soozy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way to send a SS or a photo in an e mail was so much easier and user friendly in 9.8.
        Now it is cumbersome and not easy.
        Why does AOL insist on changing things that weren't broken.

The drop down menu allows me to add Text from a file, a natural match would be add Image also.

It is counter intuitive to have add text in one place and add image in a different place.
        Keep the current image add, but add the same function under the add text in the dropdown

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To do find, use quick find on top of screen...It works the same

Absolutely! .. I've reported this as an issue to Beta months ago. I find that I have to click names in my address book - then REMOVE THEM in and repaste them order to move them to the CC or BCC -- This is insane.
        Images not only can't be resized as in the old Desktop, they DO GET resized when I make the window wider or narrower..

• Wish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I like to be able to resize the old and easy way too. It's just too hard to edit. I have to fix almost all of my addresses before sending and email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base