Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

Bring back mail "Details" It helps to really know who the sender really is.

Bring back mail "Details" It helps to really know who the sender really is. Also a progress meter for downloads and uploads who be nice. The 9.8 had it. Taking it away is not an improvement, but a step back.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Patsis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Comments are closed
    • Pam M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree...this is vital information which helps suss out phishing emails.

• Herbert Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TWO things: Under older versions, received emails allowed one to access the full header information (the track of the email) such that phishing and spam could be reported to the financial institutions, the ISP (such as abuse@AOL.COM), and the Federal Trade Commission or the FBI. The current emails don't allow access to this. AND there used to be no problem building email messages with pictures in something like MS WORD, and then copying them into the email to be sent. Now the picture portion is nothing more than a blank square. Get that back the way it was.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very important that we be able to trace where emails came from and how they traveled to us. I am shocked that this was taken away. I had more than one problem over the years and the IP and associated information helped me solve where the emails came from. You said that Gold was a SAFER program and that there was more security. THIS IS NOT TRUE AND IT IS QUITE THE OPPOSITE SINCE YOU REMOVED INFORMATION ON WHERE OUR EMAILS ORIGINATE FROM. For this reason alone I am no longer comfortable on AOL.

• James Dresbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

restored to AOL Gold Need the trace feature that was available in 9.1 that showed me the originating IP address and associated servers that the e-mail went through before getting to me. I used this information to help the police track down an ISIL group going after my bank acct.

Now that there is no longer an option to see Mail Details in incoming mails I am opening a Gmail account. For reasons too long to go into, it is extremely crucial to be able to access details on incoming mails when needed. Not having this can end up to be a danger to AOL users.With everything good that was taken away in Gold I am considering closing my AOL account in full after being a member for over 20 years.

• Gregory Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With 9.8, users can verify the authenticity of emails received by clicking on the "details" link. Why does AOL want users to become victims of phishing?

I HAVE AVOIDED DESESTROUS PHISHING SCAMS BY CHECKING EMAIL HEADER=DETAILS.
      EVEN FREE MAIL LIKE YAHOO & GMAIL HAS IT.
      PROGARMMERS MUST BE FOREIGNER. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND AMERICAN CULTURE. WE WANT DIRECT, SIMPLE EFFICIANT PROGRAM.

YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST MIRRORED OLD AOL.
      AOL GOLD HAS THINGS WE DONT NEED LIKE "INBOX" FOLDER, WHICH SHOWS COMBINED READ & UNREAD EMAIL.
      WHY?
      "REMOVE IT ALL WE NEED IS:
      NEW
      OLD
      SENT

• Bob Krampetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When examining questionable emails, the details that the old AOL had, is needed to properly trace and report ABUSE .. and phishing emails.
      Please add that capability back ASAP..

Feedback and Knowledge Base