Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

Very ODD reappearance of UNWANTED Address book ID

A few releases back, a contact that I write to stopped getting my emails.
I found that their emails were going to their ALTERNATE ID, which i had in my address book for them.
I deleted that alternate ID, SAVED the changed address book entry,
BUT THEN -- the next new desktop release RESTORES that ALTERNATE ID -- AND again, uses it as the primary to send to!! ...

This is re-occurring at each of the last 4 releases!!
I delete that no-longer-wanted ALTERNATE ID, and it comes back on the next release !?!

83rd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob Krampetz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob Krampetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday, I changed EVERY one of the three places an ID is kept in the address book entry.
        In the "Screen Name" and both "Other E-Mail" line - AND SAVED it, to just have the one GOOD ID (deleting all occurrences of the bad ID).. I checked a few times and noted it stayed as I set it.

After logging in today, I checked and it's got reset back to the original two IDs, one good, one bad!!!!!??~?~

• Bob Krampetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it turns out.. it is NOT the install of a new version that causes a deleted ID to return, It just happens after some other work.

I have deleted the alternate ID, and saved the entry, only to come back later and find it is back.
        So - two issues, the returning deleted ID, AND the use of the alternate ID when a primary is available ..

Feedback and Knowledge Base