AOL Desktop Gold Beta

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! Click here to go to the Beta Landing page for a list of the latest features and fixes.

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN.

PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN. ALSO, PLEASE REMOVE ADS ON RIGHT SIDE OF READ EMAILS!

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting of emails on "Type" not working.

The "Type" column, when sorted sorts by date, not the type (image, attachment, or just text)

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clearing Footprints again.

I recently posted about clearing footprints when signing off here, got this response:

Please follow these steps to enable Automatically Clearing the Browser Cache when closing the AOL Desktop:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    2. Check the box next to “Clear Browser Cache on Exit” from the Browser Settings window.
    3. When you’re finished, simply close the settings window because changes are now saved automatically.

-----It does not work, it doesn't clear all of the items checked.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How do I add words to local GOLD dictionary?

The old Desktop has a way of adding *my* own unique 'word'..
    I.E. Names of people, etc...

1 - They obviously weren't copied from the old AOL desktop, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them to GOLD

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Email Address line

Remove the highlighting from the email address line, it used to be just regular text with a comma separating additional email addresses, it is not user friendly now. I've had trouble changing addresses such as adding or removing.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove Hyperlink (URL) missing from Email

Remove Hyperlink (URL) missing from Email dropdown

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UNSORT files!

When attaching a file, not only has the path been unset, but files are listed in alphabetic order rather than by date, which is in date order - which is how the older AOL worked and how Windows explorer show them.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dates

Put dates on these suggestions! And leave them in date order.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Gold missing quick print button

Gold is missing the print button in top bar, restore it to the same location

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Resizing images in mail

The resizing by grabbing the corners of an image is a lot more clumsy and takes a lot longer than the Resize in 9.8 ( decrease 10, 25, 50 % and increase 10, 25, 50, 100 % ) This really feels like a step backward. If you aren't really careful, the image goes to a solid blue and you have to **** around to get the blue image to turn back. If I was dealing with sending 10 or more pictures (which I often do, this will take a lot longer to adjust the images. Were I voting, I'd go…

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. RE: Email and tabs opening in background

Sorry if these have been mentioned already, but I wish tabs actually opened in background when that is checked, and i wish that email replys didnt add "re" over and over when replying to emails going back and forth. I just sent one with 5 "re"s in the subject heading.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. social media connect

The little heart at the top right of the browser , should be able to let user post to face book and other social media, like the browser did in desktop 9.8.2.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I CANNOT COPY EMBEDDED PHOTOS IN THE SOFTWARE LIKE I USE TO AND OR DRAG

I CANNOT COPY EMBEDDED PHOTOS IN THE SOFTWARE LIKE I USE TO AND OR DRAG THEM INTO MY SOFTWARE EDITING PROGRAMS LIKE IN THE OLD VERSION OF 9.8.2

40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dropdown box

Put the dropdown box back in email "Settings", "General" tab to allow me to set how to sort my mail display. I prefer old on top, new at bottom. The same as I read books front page to last page.

40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a translator like Chrome does.

Add a translator like Chrome does.

40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sorting of Emails

Emails saved in "On AOL" folders can be sorted, BUT certain combinations of letters are never found!
    I.E. I have user with 'cz' in the ID.. Not found.
    I look for 'unknown' ... not found

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold Beta

Feedback and Knowledge Base