AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When blocking email senders, I should be able to use blanket wild card sylbols like and asterisk to block all emails which start that way.

PLEASE allow us to block emails from a sender which starts with a single word, like Admin, since spammers use that under 100s of addresses after @. I should be allowed to block all emails which start with Admin.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm getting VERY irate over your leftist woke BS news feed. Take it OFF my email page!

Quit giving us all that leftist ******** on our mail page, I hate seeing all those **** deepstate LIES, every **** time I open my email page! I'm quite certain many others are just as annoyed but won't bother to complain about it. I am **** tired of all the ******* propaganda being shoved in our faces from every news program and places like this, that should not be giving any kind of news at all, you are an email provider, do THAT and nothing ELSE!

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. REJECT ANY EMAIL, WHEN THE RETURN ADDRESS IS NOT VALID.

REJECT ANY EMAIL, WHEN THE RETURN ADDRESS IS NOT VALID. Many spam emails have not a valid return address.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I wanted to generate a third party app password but "Sorry, this feature is not available right now!"

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait until the feature becomes available? How long do I have to wait?

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're very sorry app passwords are currently unavailable for AOL Mail accounts. Rest assured, you can still access your mail from the AOL Mail app or via a web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

5. 50 email filters need expanded

Expand Email Filters to allow more than 50 filters or allow more than one address, subject or filter wihin each of the filter. By not having this you drive people to use other emails because AOL box is cluttered.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why are you starting to show me this ASPCA starving dog again? He is showing up daily again. This is absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you starting to show me this ASPCA starving dog again? He is showing up daily again. This is absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please stop sending me AOL sponsored advertising of starving dogs from ASPCA.

The ol' starving dog is back again. This time after I sent an email. This is not spam, this is AOL sponsored advertising.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NEW VERSION LEAVES OUT HUNDREDS OF MY LINKS IN MY FOLDERS WITHOUT HYPERLINKS

I HAVE BEEN A SUBSCRIBER OF AOL FOR OVER 25 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS UNTIL NOW - WHEN I WAS FORCED TO SWITCH TO THE NEW VERSION! ALL OF MY FOLDERS THAT HAVE LINKS IN THEM CANNOT BE OPENED AS HYPERLINKS!!!!! I USE THESE FOLDERS DAILY FOR WORK. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO RELOAD HUNDREDS OF LINKS IN ALL OF MY FOLDERS. PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUE OR LET ME STAY IN THE CLASSIC VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ASAP

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why only New Mail folder shows quantity in folder? All folder should show number of files in each folder…not a biggie but seems simple enoug

Why only New Mail folder shows quantity in folder? All folder should show number of files in each folder…not a biggie but seems simple enough.

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. CASE 18610247 - can't open any attachments from my inbox from emails it gives me an error code {"error":{"code":"ET-5006","requestId":"47

{"error":{"code":"ET-5006","requestId":"47a4f40e-04e0-e536-2f2c-5a000b01d100"}}

ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT Opening in my email account

CASE 18610247

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PLEASE STOP posting photos of Sick Dogs on my home page.

PLEASE STOP posting photos of Sick Dogs on my home page.

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give User the option to add sent mail addressees to address book

In Keyword settings, give the option to automatically add email addresses to address book for outgoing mail that is to a new addressee

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scam call about AOL account. Scam number (424-326-1582) Scam Number

Received 2 calls today about my AOL account being compromised from random location in Virginia. After the first call I played it safe and changed my passwords on desktop and other devices to be sure but got a call again from a different person with the same script saying someone was accessing the account. Checked the account after the password change and only see me, myself logged in and the devices I gave permission to for my account and nothing from Virginia. I've already blocked the number. IF this number appears on your phone 424-326-1582, just know it's a scam…

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make it easier to delete

WHY do we have to go through 3 keyboard processes to delete the **** spam you dump in our spam folder. MAKE IT ONE PROMPT to check all and delete all. Just like GMAIL

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Only spam emails that begin with A@ - you are getting better!

Yes!
    The Admin @ spam emails seem to be gone from my spam e-mail.

Now, if you could please work on the A@ spam emails that I get every minute - I wish I could be that popular as this spam email is!

Thanks so much for working on the A@ spam emails now - you can do it,AOL. Wouldn't it be nice to make your longtime AOL subscribers ecstatic??? It sure would!!

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I MISS THE SCREEN TELLING ME WHAT FOLDER I SAVED AN EMAIL TO. NOW I HAVE TO GO THRU EACH FOLDER TO FIND WHAT I SAVED

I MISS THE POP UP THAT TELLS YOU WHAT FOLDER YOU SAVED TO AND GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UNDO

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How can I get my OLD calendar back???? AOL never listens!

How can I get my OLD calendar back????? AOL never listens!!!!

26th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have been an AOL user for over 25 years. You used to be able to set writing your emails in bold, along with font and size. Now, in order

I have been an AOL user for over 25 years. You used to be able to set writing your emails in bold, along with font and size. Now, in order to have an email written in bold you have to do each email manually. Please bring back a setting that allows all emails to automatically be written in bold. Thanks!

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Redo preview panel.

Preview panel should be to the right side of mail, not under. For years screens have been wider than tall. It's shameful to see old format.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rather than a FLAG on important mail, how about making the SUBJECT LINE bold or a different color?

Rather than a Flag on important mail, how about making the Subject Line bold or make it a different color? It would be very helpful. Thanks. PT

26th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base