AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete unwanted folder on PC

I found that I have a mail folder in AOL acct. that I did not create. I can't delete the folder. Any suggestions on how to delete it?

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail Message SIZE

I would like to be able to quickly locate large bloated emails (size) so that I can delete them to reduce my space usage. Could you please add a size field column to view and sort by in the email list window.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disabling links in spam is counter-productive

I get that you don't want people accidentally clicking to malicious sites, but part of how I determine if a message is spam or legit is to hover over the links and see if what pops up matches the text I'm hovering over. I can't do that if you're "disabling" all the links. I end up having to mark it as "not spam" in order to figure out if it is spam. Does that make sense?

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lost transfers to a chosen folder

Frequently when I wish to save an email to chosen folder, I get msg that the email has been moved, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN MOVED... BUT APPEARS IN THE TRASH FOLDER !! Sometimes a save results in the email removal from the list (good action), while most of the time it REMAINS IN THE LIST!! Leads to a doubted action, low confidence in system software!!!

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. lost filed e mail

I have lost all my filed e mail. The folders open and show 0 mail!

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. All email folders showing up on my Samsung Galaxy9

All my folders dont show up on my Samsung Galaxy 9 phone. Under all folders it only has the standard folders. The ones I have on my AOL email on laptop are there?

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't move emails to another folder

Hi, I hope someone can help. I can't seem to move/file emails under a different folder. Whenever I move an email, a message appears, saying "xx email moved to xx folder. Undo?" but the email hasn't moved and remains in my inbox. Obviously if I don't need an email, I'll delete it, but there are some I need to keep and file in other folders.
    I have tried this across a range of devices (windows laptop, android and apple devices) and browsers (Edge. Safari, Chrome, Firefox) but no luck. Please advise?

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. folder

when you open a folder could you put the full folder name in the same display where you show ALL folders number??

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice.

Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice. I have probably got over 300 personalized folders, so when I want to move a piece of mail from my inbox to a folder, right now I have to click the "More" menu choice, then I have to scroll down this lengthy list of folders, then click the folder I want to move it to. This all takes time and, at least 50% of the time, I get booted out of my list of folders before I ever get to the folder I want to move the item to. This…

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove the 'Today on AOL' annoying hard-fixed link on the nav pain when the user unchecks

Seriously, when the user unchecks the setting to show 'Today on AOL' ~ that really means they don't want to see 'Today on AOL'.

If nothing else, move it to the right where it doesn't become a distraction to the user wanting to look at their email folders.

I literally decided not to use AOL because of this one thing ~ sad :(

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)