AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why only New Mail folder shows quantity in folder? All folder should show number of files in each folder…not a biggie but seems simple enoug

Why only New Mail folder shows quantity in folder? All folder should show number of files in each folder…not a biggie but seems simple enough.

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My Inbox is showing false numbers

My inbox shows that I have 25 New messages, but when I open it, there are none. Please double down and make sure that your folder "count" is accurate. Thanks.

51st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. move email limit 1000

the copy function limits you to moving 1000 emails at a time. need to be able to move in bulk (maybe 25k at a time).

51st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please can you allow us to create a sub folder within a folder

Please can you allow us to creat a sub folder within a folder

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix IMAP folders

As many posts here indicate, managing folders is a continuing source of frustration.
    1. What are the folders "Archive" and "Saved mail" fo, and why can't I delete them? They are not clearly identified as system folders (as are Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam and Trash) yet they cannot be deleted.
    2. The folders which AOL communicates to IMAP clients (such as Outlook and Thunderbird) do not correspond to those displayed in the AOL Mail UI. For example, IMAP clients show both "Bulk" and "Junk" folders but no "Spam" folder.

51st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't automatically check-mark sent mail.

It doesn't make any sense that sent mail is automatically posted with a check mark. It would be useful if it were not. The user could check only ones the user wants to be able to find quickly or could use check marks on sent mail as a way of finding mail the user has gone back to look at.

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change Column Headings

After creating a new folder and moving my Sent items to it, I need a way to change the From column to the To column.

51st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base