AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need sub folders inside any folder.

We need sub folders inside any folder. It does not make sense to create a new folder any time without the chance to group them!

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. be able to print selected piece of mail like I did for yrs pre new AOL! Awful!

Be able to click and print something in a folder like we could do easily for yrs until this new AOL! I can’t just click see something in 1 of my folders and print it! Why I hate this! I want old AOL like last month’s AOL mail! HELP! I am not alone friends are saying same thing.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have AOL in my IPhone X and it will not stay loaded. It

AOL will not stay open. When I click on an email page or article, etc. after a few seconds it closes, disappears from screen, whatever.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show "To" in mail folders

For mail folders need to show both From and To. For emails Ive sent and saved to a folder I cant see who I sent it to when search through a folder

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to delete multiple email folders at once.

I have tons of empty folders. I am forced to delete them one at a time. I need to be able to select multiple folders at once for deletion.

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We need the sub folder and move feature.

The sub folder feature isn't available online nor the move feature. Please add this feature for AOL is the only one that doesn't have it.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete unwanted folders

Allow us to delete unwanted folders from our mobile phones

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moving folders to the archive folder?

Moving folders to the archive folder? Why cannot move entire older (not used much0 folders to the archive folder, otherwise what good is it???

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. archive email

There should be a better way to either delete or archive emails in order to clean up very large email inboxes
    1. Create delete from date---> to date ranges
    2. Create Archive folders, similar to Outlook

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Grouping folders

Change it back to the way it was brfore; where a customer can have folders and sub folders within the folder. By separating all of your folders individually in makes it very difficult to organize

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let me export all of my mail including separate folders!!

I would like to export all of my mail and all folders.

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deleting Folders

Your directions for deleting folders will not work when the left panel is minimized. After driving myself crazy, I stumbled on how to get it to work by accident. PLEASE add this to your help topic on how to delete mail folders:

The direction that is missing is that you must drag the left panel open all the way in order to get the gear and the option to right click and delete. Click on the line that separates the left panel from the rest of the email screen. Drag it a couple inches to the right, and the gear…

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. move the print icon

move print icon

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pages lie about sort order

Having a sort reverse From Address, I arrived in the Saved Mail Folder from my empty Inbox and it was not sorted nor was the address in Name form, see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rhVsmsv5xrezD5N3mJdOWfidYK0JV98R

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. improvment inbox

Recommendation: allow the user to see in their inbox a summary of all different senders of emails; then a user could pick senders to delete all of those emails without having to delete individual emails. Please note---spam filter is not a solution as I may want to still see some emails from those senders. Real life example: I recently shopped and bought a new vehicle, and bought other products which i may buy again, but not for a while. Since I reached out to many retailers and new car dealerships, I now receive boatloads of offers. I don't want to…

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Sorted folder loses sort when all marked and set to read.

To have a stable working set, i move all my incoming mail toa "Sorting" folder. Today it was set to sort by From. I clicked to check all and then set them all to 'read'. I lost my 'From' sort, had to click the header twice to regain the sort.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fix the order you throw things out

you don't throw trash away in a barrel by sticking it down the bottom of the can by the date you received it from the store...so why don't you sort the mail we discard in the order we discard it!

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please STOP removing MY emails from their file folders or archiving them auto? - Why is there no setting me to change this? I want keep ALL

-there used to be MY option to choose whether to archive or delete emails for any of my folders, now that option has gone, i WANT THIS BACK - why are you/aol archiving them or deleting them auto without my auth with no avail settings to change this myself. I do NOT want them archived!

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base