AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the ads, nothing more nothing less AOL. lets start a cancellation policy

How about this, we all start to cancel our business with AOL until they rollback this ******* decision. They have taken advise from some clown or competitor to ruin a decent business. a 20 yr customer about to cancel.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  604 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you have choices. Stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these ads

You have 3 choices: stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these stupid ads

47th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block without opening

I would like to be able to block from receiving any e-mail at all from senders without having to open the e-mail address to see the sender's e-mail address. A right click on the e-mail should suffice like when I chose to delete an e-mail without opening it.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unread mail

I used to be able to sort and find all of my unread mail. I can no longer do that. It would be nice to have that feature back very soon. Thanks.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 38th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting the Inbox

Would you make a toggle on/off option to see only UNREAD mail in the inbox?

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. reading lots of mail

When I am on page 3 or 4 or 5 ... and I go to view an Email;
    When i return I am again on page 1 - I have to go & remember & go to PAGE I was on and scroll to find my place = So useless if I have 80 or 100 email to read !!!

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support multiple server connections to cache for third party clients under IMAP

When a third-party client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail enables multiple server connections to cache for an IMAP account, accessing folders initiates additional login authorizations which will eventually be rejected when too many requests are made within a given period of time. This is very frustrating for the user, since he or she has in fact "done everything right" when setting up the account. As a workaround, PLEASE advise the user when setting up his e-mail account under a third-party program to set the maximum number of server connections to cache to 1:

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

https://help.aol.com/articles/download-your-email-from-aol-mail-with-imap

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hovering over "From" entries should show the sender complete URL.

This is needed due to the huge number of fake messages containing as names legit places, but the real URL proves them to be fakes for phishing. AOL had it for a while but now it is lost.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. put blocking mail in the headers

block or perm delete email contact should be a button along with the delete move and read buttons. that way you dont have to go through half a dozen pages just to block someone. by the time i get there i forgot the name of the address i wanted to block.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. dl-mail.aolmail.com

REMOVE the dl-mail.aolmail.com PLEaSE. It is very time consuming when you have multiple attachments to open and it keeps on asking what you want to do with this attachment

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wild cards (*) in email address filters no longer allowed

Could wild cards in email address filters be allowed again. eg: Send *@anywhere.com to MyFolder. This used to work up until a few months ago.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

14. Many providers allow text messages from cell phones to be received in an email account.I see avery long list of providers who allow sms meea

Allow text messages from cell phones to be received in the email inbox.
    I see a long list of providers who allow "sms" messages to be sent to email accounts when searching for ways to get text messages through an email service., It's much faster and easier for the user.

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete individual advertisements that stay on the screen too long.

Allow one to discontinue irrelevant individual advertisements. Often after a purchase had been made, or you just explored something you heard about, they advertise the products you have no interest in and it stays on your screen too long of a period. Often you already purchased or was just exploring the internet.

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Return to current position in Inbox after readi

When I'm done reading an email and I return to the Inbox, it goes to the START (most recent) of the emails. When I'm going through my emails top-to-bottom and I'm several pages down the list, I then have to repeatedly scroll down to re-locate my place. I think it would make reading emails MUCH easier if you provided a "Back" button to return to the same place in the Inbox as the email that was just read. Thanks, Alan

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. you should make it possible to prevent ANY mail from being delivered to my in box. I don't want any mail delivered at all.

There should be a way to be able to prevent ANY mail of ANY kind from being delivered to my in box. I do not want any mail at all.

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Combine all emails included in the same conversation into just one email.

Right now all emails coming in are treated as separate emails, even though many are replies to an earlier email sent out. Why not combine the replies with the original email to reduce the number of entries in our Inbox?

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please post subject details in new e-mail format

I like the new format but speed needs improvement and also, please put subject details under the subject headline for the mail. Thank you !

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base