AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the ads, nothing more nothing less AOL. lets start a cancellation policy

How about this, we all start to cancel our business with AOL until they rollback this ******* decision. They have taken advise from some clown or competitor to ruin a decent business. a 20 yr customer about to cancel.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you have choices. Stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these ads

You have 3 choices: stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these stupid ads

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block without opening

I would like to be able to block from receiving any e-mail at all from senders without having to open the e-mail address to see the sender's e-mail address. A right click on the e-mail should suffice like when I chose to delete an e-mail without opening it.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Emailing back and forth from sec 1 Whatever Sec you're on!

I'm in E-mail section 55. When I delete or save as new (not sure), E-mail goes auto. back to Sec. 1. Now I've got to sear foe Sec. 55 again. I want to stay on 55 not go back and forth.
    Why did you change just going from beginning to end by scrolling down?

Thanks for your time.

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SO MANY ways to "improve AOL Mail"...where to even begin??!

Knock off the leftist propaganda and extreme bias in your "news" stories!! I just want to read my emails. Is AOL a left wing advocacy group or an honest business that wants to appeal to ALL Americans? I think we know the answer...

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sorting the Inbox

Would you make a toggle on/off option to see only UNREAD mail in the inbox?

147th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. put blocking mail in the headers

block or perm delete email contact should be a button along with the delete move and read buttons. that way you dont have to go through half a dozen pages just to block someone. by the time i get there i forgot the name of the address i wanted to block.

61st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. dl-mail.aolmail.com

REMOVE the dl-mail.aolmail.com PLEaSE. It is very time consuming when you have multiple attachments to open and it keeps on asking what you want to do with this attachment

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wild cards (*) in email address filters no longer allowed

Could wild cards in email address filters be allowed again. eg: Send *@anywhere.com to MyFolder. This used to work up until a few months ago.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

12. Many providers allow text messages from cell phones to be received in an email account.I see avery long list of providers who allow sms meea

Allow text messages from cell phones to be received in the email inbox.
    I see a long list of providers who allow "sms" messages to be sent to email accounts when searching for ways to get text messages through an email service., It's much faster and easier for the user.

147th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete individual advertisements that stay on the screen too long.

Allow one to discontinue irrelevant individual advertisements. Often after a purchase had been made, or you just explored something you heard about, they advertise the products you have no interest in and it stays on your screen too long of a period. Often you already purchased or was just exploring the internet.

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Return to current position in Inbox after readi

When I'm done reading an email and I return to the Inbox, it goes to the START (most recent) of the emails. When I'm going through my emails top-to-bottom and I'm several pages down the list, I then have to repeatedly scroll down to re-locate my place. I think it would make reading emails MUCH easier if you provided a "Back" button to return to the same place in the Inbox as the email that was just read. Thanks, Alan

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. you should make it possible to prevent ANY mail from being delivered to my in box. I don't want any mail delivered at all.

There should be a way to be able to prevent ANY mail of ANY kind from being delivered to my in box. I do not want any mail at all.

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Combine all emails included in the same conversation into just one email.

Right now all emails coming in are treated as separate emails, even though many are replies to an earlier email sent out. Why not combine the replies with the original email to reduce the number of entries in our Inbox?

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please post subject details in new e-mail format

I like the new format but speed needs improvement and also, please put subject details under the subject headline for the mail. Thank you !

108th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please restore the text alert feature that I received when getting email from certain contacts. Would have been very useful during Florence!

Please restore the text alert feature that I received when getting email from certain contacts. Would have been very useful during Florence!

147th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. incoming notification for new emails need to include who it is from and not just the subjext line

Not sure where this suggestion has gone however it does not appear to be here any longer...New Emails notifications that pop up on my iPhone or iPad show the RE line, 1st line of the body of the email and the date/time. It also shows FROM but it has MY info as this one I'm looking at is a reply to my email. NO WHERE does it show WHO is replying to my email. On new emails to me (not a reply) they don't show ANYTHING as to who it is FROM. PLEASE! include the FROM in the notifications on…

187th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base