AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. opening attachments

I can not open email attachments anymore. I get the following message : {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"9c6b8921-03db-a2a1-2f2c-5a0014018600"}} What can I do to solve that issue?

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to download/open attachments on iPhone. Have to use gmail to open them.

Unable to open attachments on iPhone.
    All I get is Message: Oops! Unable to open files. Try again later.

Have to use gmail to open them.

267th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. download does not allow for choice

AOL now automatically downloads an attachment to Download folders, rather than providing option to choose location when the attachment is clicked. Bring back this ability!!!!!!!

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Blocked Senders - Auto DELETE

How is AOL so far behind? I am so close to dropping this **** - I've only kept it because it's an email people have known me to have for a long time - but your inability to even make the minimal of easy fixes is astounding. I can't for the life of me understand why your only option for blocked senders is to send it to spam and not to trash. If someone has taken the effort to mark a sender as blocked, we don't want to see it. Period. Come on.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Verification of account

I am being asked to verify my account but the wrong email address is being shown to where verification number will be sent, hence i do not receive verification code and cannot continue.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

I can't open any attachments, the system disokays:

{"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. report a bug downloading attachments

10/21/2021 at 7:00 AM. AOL gives an error when you try to download/open an attachment. This is independent of which browser I use. There seems to be no current mechanism on how to report a bug, so I am posting it here. Thanks.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back the control over attachment download location

Up to Windows 7, AOL provided the User option to select the location for storing downloaded attachment files. Now, in Windows 10, this option is absent.
    When a User selects "Save File" option on the dialog window and hits Enter, this dialog just disappears, and where the file's gone is everybody's guess.
    Allegedly, the attached file ends up in the "Downloads" folder, but not all Users want it to be there. For instnce, if it's a music file - it might go to a subdir of .\My Music\ directory, or if it's an article or a story in DOC format…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Forwarding multiple emails as attachments

I need to forward multiple emails to a single email address as attachments - this seems to be impossible - any clues please

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Security

Account was "hacked"! I was able to correct things and create a new password. However, this person "ridgewalker318@gmail. com" had been able to add his mail account as a secondary account to verify my account. Can you please investigate and let me know how this happened?

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base