AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

329 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Spam Settings

This a complaint more than an idea for improvement. On 8/24/18 the spam controls for one of my email address has stopped filtering out spam. I add address to the "Block mail from addresses I specify" box but emails from those addresses keep coming. The whole mail controls page for that email address has changed, My other email addresses have remained unchanged. What gives??? This is very inconvenient.

1st ranked
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

400 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

• Please remove advertising from side bar of my email. It interferes with reading emails

please remove advertising. i am not interested in any of it

3rd ranked
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  136 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Spam and Block

Add an icon that allows you to delete Spam and add to the list of blocking. As opposed to copying the address and then add to the Block list.

4th ranked
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  79 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • automatically delete spam mail.

If someone gets mail that AOL designate as spam, why send it to our spam folder in the first place just delete it.

8th ranked
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Spam - I want the ability to block all domains coming from ".uk"

I noticed that most of the spam that I receive comes from domains ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" and I would like the ability to block domains that have those endings that are not in my address book or listed as approved senders. Is there a way to restrict these domains? Also, I would like AOL to return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases. I have a paid account and it is very important to me that I be able to have the ability to restrict the excessive spam emails and emails containing ****** content. If…

17th ranked
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Need to be able to TURN OFF the SPAM filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru!

Need to be able to TURN OFF the spam filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru! "Teaching my spam filter" is a truly silly idea, highly impractical!

21st ranked
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • AOL is not concern about your convenience!

It's very obvious that AOL does NOT have your interests at heart! Just look at all the pleas and requests to put back the spam blocks to stop unwanted mail and yet NOTHING has been done about it by AOL. THEY DON'T CARE about WHAT YOU THINK OR WOULD LIKE!!! They're ONLY out for themselves! Close your accounts and go somewhere else. There are other places out there, that will block unwanted spam mail!

22nd ranked
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Offer a right-click menu option to restrict spam addresses.

Give the option to restrict spam addresses or entire domains with a right-click menu option on a spam e-mail, rather than having to jump through hoops to individually add each one to the restricted list.

20th ranked
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • SPAM Filter ??

Your spam filter regularly moves messages from my kid's high school list serv into the spam folder. I had to turn the filter off, so I wouldn't miss any important e-mail, now the messages get filtered out again. What is going on!!
                      And add to the list of blocked mail entire domains, not just individual addresses. Actually you should allow for a list to be imported.

29th ranked
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By continually using the Not Spam button, you are training your spam filter and our systems to recognize important emails. Additionally, if you are using an email application, like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, or the mail app on your mobile device, please check the incoming mail filters in the application’s settings, and change the filters, so that all new emails are kept in the Inbox.

In order to block incoming emails from an entire domain, go to mail.aol.com – Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings – and add the domain name (e.g. @example.com) inside the “Block Mail From Addresses I Specify” field, click the plus button, then Save Settings.

• Way too much spam and a friending option is needed.

AOL should provide an automatic block and delete spam emails feature instead of letting them get to the spam folder, especially if the sender is not friended. If there was a friending request feature that would let the recipient know that someone wants to friend them that would be different, then the recipient could accept or decline. That is an option that would be useful.

26th ranked
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email

Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email. Please fix this.....it takes twice as long to clean up the SPAM folder. Very aggravating....time is important.

27th ranked
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Stop SPAM FROM YAHOO

AOL ARE USELESS WHEN IT COME TO PREVENTING SPAM, MOST COME FROM YAHOO

34th ranked
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow blocking from iPad, laptop and iPhone of unwanted emails./

Allow sender to be blocked by simply clicking on the unwanted email.

43rd ranked
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Listen up everyone!

AOL cares nothing about their customers! They don't care what you think. It's for their convenience in making it easier for themselves in not adding the spam features for us. This also puts more money into their pockets. They are more concern in putting in more ads on your webmail page, than making it easier for you!! The best thing to do is to close your AOL account and go somewhere else. If everyone closed their accounts, we'd see how fast they'd move to put in those block features for spamming, back. AOL sucks BIG time!!

59th ranked
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 49th ranked
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

• I faithfully put spam email addresses and variations of them, using *, by going into Mail Settings, Spam Settings. Are you using this lista

I faithfully add my spam email addresses to Mail Settings, Spam Options, using the full addresses and variations of them, using *. Are you still using this information to filter my incoming mail? It does not seem so and it takes a lot of time to go through my spam and do this everyday. Why can't you add a 'Delete and Block' Function so I don't have to go through 6 steps to add an address, in addition to just Delete. It could be a one step function. Here is a list of my blocked addresses, from over the many…

99th ranked
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • why can I block IP address

you ruined Yahoo now your ruining AOL. we used to have word block as well as address block.
                                      My recommendation is to add IP block and re-add key word block
                                      lets make things better not worse

72nd ranked
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

72nd ranked
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

72nd ranked
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base