AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need new stationery and fonts - catch up with the times!

You desperately need new stationery themes (it's been YEARS) and a greater variety of fonts!!

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AOL has lots of technical glitches

what is wrong with AOL?? always tech. glitches! update your very old server!

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need Sub Bullet Points Please

Need Sub Bullet Points Please

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Previous system was better

In every aspect this new set up is a disaster. The script is too small, I can’t open my folder, there isn’t nor item that’s been sn improvement. Provide phone numbers so we can get help!!! I useAOL for work, it is ****.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to see " Get well wishes " added to stationery occassions...thank you

I would like to see Get Well wishes added to stationery occasions.
    Thank you so much

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send Later

i'd like to see the return of the "send later" button on email.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Aol has changed a simple access to enter into iPhones and iPads ones email

I'm confused here. AOL did something new and changed their algorithms to block access I've had for 25 years. Since I have multiple email addresses it was always easy to enter them into my iPhone. Now, if I hit "add account" it puts me into the sign up for aol which is not what I need. Before there were 4 lines of name, email address, password etc and we received check marks to show they were legit with AOL. Now we can't do that. What did you guys change????? It's messed up my iPhone and iPad unnecessarily . As the…

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it more dependable

Lately, after composing an email, it states that it was not sent even though it was. During a session, I'm frequently told that I'm no longer signed in and then have to log in again. Often when I delete an email, the screen fades and the deletion is delayed for up to 30 seconds. Usually AOL is very dependable and stable. A friend on the other side of the country who also has AOL has told me that she is having these same problems. Please look into it. Much thanks.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The area to compose your email keeps shrinking. It is now less than 1/4 of the screen. It needs to double, at least. Get rid of the junk.

Most of the stuff on the screen has nothing to do with writing an email. All of that stuff should disappear when you open the pane for writing. The address and subject line should scroll out of view as soon as you reach the bottom of the pane. The autosave bar should be eliminated. The URL line and the search line should be hidden.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a function to recover text deleted in error when composing a message.

Add a function to recover text deleted in error when composing a message.

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

You can use the shortcut CTRL+Z to retrieve the deleted text or right click and select “Undo” in Google Chrome.

11. PREPARING EMAILS OFF LINE

You previous could prepare emails off line or view emails you saved without having to sign in. Why can't we do that now as the change was not an improvement?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have an option in customization to automatically cc or bcc oneself when sending - this way mail will appear on all devices.

have an option in customization to automatically cc or bcc oneself when sending - this way mail will appear on all devices.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review. Should you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out again and tell us all about it. If you find yourself in need of help or support, make sure to check out http://help.aol.com/ for online help

14. I want to be able to send emails that restrict people to respond back from that email.

I want to be able to send emails that restrict people to respond back from that email. I get a lot of notices that say "do not respond back to this email" because it won't let you and it's frustrating to have to search and find an email of who to respond back to regarding that email. So... I want to be able to respond back to some of those people the same way they do me. Let them see what it's like to not be able to respond back conveniently. I want to send notices and information and concerns…

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shut off Autosave function of the Draft or at least give the option to shut it off - annoying; or let us manually save a draft!

I want to shut off the "autosave" function of an email draft. It's annoying and the autosaving is interfering with the sending function. At a minimum give us the option of manually saving a draft. We used to be able to shut it off under the Compose settings, but I can't see it. I'm using a desktop. Please shut it off!

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put sender's email in BCC field by default when composing

Provide an option that by default the BCC field be filled with the sender's email address when composing an email.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shorten the username requirement

At present it takes username@verizon.net too long waste of time

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't change display name on Android Google Chrome (and other options)

There is no option on Google Chrome on an Android to access many options for my settings and preferences. This is very frustrating.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base