AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ordering emalis

I have the basic version of aol mail ( Free version) and used to be able to order my emails by From, subject , date etc.
    However, now I am only able to order my emails by date and not any other column. Is this because I have the free version of AOL mail?

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

134 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Sorting email function by date or newest first has stopped working

After logging in and out of AOL multiple times seeing a message my mail was unavailable, I get in and my email sort is stuck on oldest first. Where I used to be able to click on the date bar to sort, it is no longer responsive. Settings has nothing available to set how mail order is seen is seen

33rd ranked
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app.

It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app. Management of my email without these filters is quite cumbersome. You used to have them. Please include them in the next (hopefully very soon) update. Thank you!

42nd ranked
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Hey AOL - how about less emphasis on ads, and more attention to your customers?

It is extremely frustrating to have to put up with no less than 4 full screens of advertising just to actually get to my Email!! Separating the Login screen from the Password screen, just so AOL can sell more ad revenue, wastes my time, slows the process and is very annoying. Also, I notice constant problems with email loading and navigation, but those stupid, annoying banner ads always come right up!!

58th ranked
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.

Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.
            It used to be like this.

137th ranked
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subjecct matter that u went to c

why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subject matter that u went to c it *** & I dont even bother anymore.

32nd ranked
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Give us back the desktop software.

You had a really good desktop program and now it's almost like any other web based server.

62nd ranked
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base