AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems with Thunderbird, Outlook and other mail clients

I can see my mail on AOL.com/inbox, but what broke POP3 email fetching for verizon.net addresses? Please check on this and fix it if possible.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

140 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to make sure the email application you’re using meets the latest security standards, and that’s why your account won’t work with the current mail access protocol you are using.

Here are a few options to securely access your mail:

Option 1: We recommend that you access your mail using our free AOL app for iOS and Android or simply go to mail.aol.com to access AOL Mail on the web.

Option 2: Keep your current, non-AOL app, BUT follow a few steps to get it to sync with our secure sign-in method.  The steps vary across different email applications, but in most cases, you will have to remove your AOL account from the app and then add it back again to update sign-in security.  Use the links below to follow the specific steps for your current application:

iOS Mail

Gmail

Samsung Mail

Others

Option 3: You can generate a…

2. put favorites back to stand alone

My favorites is attached to the aol search screename and i dont understand why??????????? I want the aol search screen gone and want my favorites to stand ALONE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS NEW FEATURE IS HORRIBLE, PLEASE REMOVE IT. OVER 25 YEARS WITH AOL, NEVER DID I COMPLAIN SO DO THE RIGHT THING AND CHANGE THAT INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. fill out this field.

Exiting from mail accidently or not, usually puts the read-message in "old mail", "recently deleted", sometime into "spam" automatically. However, there are times when it disappears altogether. Very annoying, when I didn't want to lose it, because of its importance or consequence.

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't automatically open another email after I delete one.

I'd like to have no emails open after deleting one, instead of it jumping to another one and opening it automatically.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. do not automatically move read mail to "old mail"

How do I stop the automatic deletion of an email after I have read it? I want to delete them as I want to and not have one I have read automatically moved to old mail. I may want to review an email and having to go to old mail is a pain.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Heads up It looks like you’re trying to access Mail in a different language. You can update your account settings or read more here. message

Receantly I have beeen getting this message 'It looks like you’re trying to access Mail in a different language. You can update your account settings or read more here.' when I log into my email, I have not changed my language setting and it still says English - United Kingdom, and my Recent Activity bit clearly show I am in england - united kingdom,

I have changed it to another then back and just dismissed the message but it still keeps coming back up at the top every time I log in.

Someone from admin/product support in another persons comment…

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable time sent option in Inbox or New/Old Mail view, and display time sent in messages.

Enable time sent option in Inbox or New/Old Mail view, and display time sent in messages. It seems to me to display arrogance on the part of AOL that one can see time sent when looking at the original message while replying/forwarding, but at no other time (except in Inbox for today's messages).

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Switch between aol email accounts

I would like to switch between my aol email accounts without having to sign out and back in. I can do it on my phone app but not when I'm on my laptop.
    Thx

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. need a way to share with microsoft email

need to have a share button or link that synchronizes with Microsoft email

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. do you have an undo button

On rare occasions I have selected certain messages to save and pressing the New Mail Button I have lost all my incoming messages and the ones marked to save.
    DO you have "UNDO BUTTON" I can use to retrieve the new incoming messages and the ones marked save as new mail.?

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Video commercial playing with every email opened

I finally am going to move to another email service. Having to stop a video from playing on the right side of the screen every time I open a new email has finally prompted me to do what I should have done a long time ago. Ridiculous. It will be the end of AOL.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base