AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where did my 3 month old "Old Mail" go too ?

I can find "Old emails","Deleted", "Spam" etc. from Dec. 2017 to Dec. 2019 but emails for Jan.2020 to May 2020 are gone. How can I find them?

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. “Apple mail to keep being asked for password and when i put it in go to 'agree' which i click on nothing happens

“Apple mail to keep being asked for password and when i put it in go to 'agree' which i click on nothing happens

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. forwarding email no longer works!

Setting to FORWARD all email to another email address does not work as of today, 7/11/20.

Also can't COMPOSE, REPLY OR FORWARD a single email directly on AOL site.

Details:
    I have several of my AOL email accts (verizon.net) set up to all forward to my gmail account. This has worked fine since you took over verizon.net emails ... until this morning 7/11/20; now it is not working. So I logged into my main email account directly on the AOL site, see emails there that were received today, but they have not forwarded to the gmail account.

But then I…

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. STOP showing me "Today on AOL" when signing in. I didn't check that box, and I don't care about your tiresome political opinions. Just take

STOP showing me "Today on AOL" when signing in. I did NOT check that box, and I don't care about your tiresome political opinions. Just take me directly to my mailbox.
    Actually, you might want to drop the whole "Today on AOL" train wreck anyway. It's just a sad mix of political bias and clickbait -- you can't really believe it's helpful for your brand.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mes old mails se sont effacés deux fois de suite???

Pourquoi mes "old mails" ont-ils été effacés deux fois durant ces dernières semaines?
    Puis-je les récupérer et comment?
    Merci d'avance pour votre réponse.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop sending ads from the democratic party

Should allow a user to select a policical party, or opt out of all political ads, news etc. I'm tired of AOL bashing my President.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The trial app for AOL. I signed up. Where is the download?

I signed up for free trial with my Debit Card info. How do I now get the app? I signed up under the name of William Grolemund. Email is billgrolemund@aim.com

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The inbox isn't showing any of my new e-mails? I can only see make them appear if I switch to Basic version.

The inbox isn't showing any of my new e-mails? I can only see make them appear if I switch to Basic version. This is happening more often than I care for. Sometimes I cannot access my inbox for a whole day and it requires me to sign out and re-loggin to regain access. Very annoying having to switch to Basic version.

Also, this is ONLY a problem on my laptop using Apple MacBook Pro so it may be related to the last two iOS.

Help!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fraud alert/security against hackers

Please be advised that my account was hacked on May 4. The hacker was able to change my secondary account security features which immediately caused me to login and learn that my password had been changed and new email and phone numbers were replaced in the confirmation. Within hours they were able to log on to other accounts and change passwords and order items. I am in process of filing a report with the Federal Credit Bureau and am notifying aol, and other vendors of the security breach.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PPlease return the "block emails containing these words" filter - IT WORKED -y remove it?

Return the spam setting for blocking emails that contained specific words. I have NO IDEA why you would remove it - and looking at all of the exact same complaints I don't know why you would not have returned it to spam setting. Adding the email address does nothing because they just send **** with a new address -why should I pay you for this inconvenience? I accept better for my money.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need message preview pane back. Don't see this as a selection in Mail settings

Need message preview pane back in in-box. Don't see this as a selection in Mail settings

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Help

how do i edit my name.....as in what recipient the sees when he receives an email from me. Thank you

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dark Mode Accessibility Setting

There is more to "Accessibility" than making the font bigger, and spaced wider apart.... You need to add a Dark Mode to your site. Staring at a solid white screen gives a large percentage of the population migraines. I have gotten to the point where I will accumulate hundreds of emails, because I dread getting on and looking at them, because of the bright white screen, that I know will lead to a migraine. Please add a Dark Mode.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mobile app not working correctly. Keep getting this error: oidc.mail.aol.com sent an invalid response

Mobile app not working correctly. Keep getting this error: oidc.mail.aol.com sent an invalid response When trying to login

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. password

Believe it or not, but I DO NOT want to change my password every month. This is a stupid email account not a f---ing national security file.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am BRITISH. I do NOT want US news. Why have AOL changed this. I want UK news.

I am BRITISH, why I am now getting US news on AOL ?????? I used to get British news. How do I change this please. I do NOT want US news.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I keep

I keep receiving a message that my account settings are out of date. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base