AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam icon not showing number of pieces in folder

I don't like the change to the spam folder which no longer shows how many pieces of mail are in the folder next to the icon like New Mail and Drafts. I use to just glance at this folder to see how many were in there now I have to open it up. I just figured this out and don't understand why you would make this change.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  75 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. People with AOL are being inundated with spam email. AOL has to do a better job blocking massive amounts of junk email.

People with AOL are being inundated with spam email. AOL has to do a better job blocking massive amounts of junk email. I will switch to gmail or yahoo as these two alternatives do not have this much of a problem.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  49 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix your POP3 servrs

since the last few days I have not been able to log in with Thunderbird!

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrap the Captcha !

My computer is OLD. I'm a disabled senior; can't afford anything new. You added a Captcha I can't access. Sent this from a friend's. HELP !

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AOL stopped working with Outlook yesterday

Stop forcing users since 1993 to use web mail, reinstate outlook interface.

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I don't believe this is from you. Why can't you eliminate this spam pretending to be you?

ACTIVITY IN PROGRESS: (CLOSURE ALERT)
    To: sabrinasbizness@gmail.com sabrinasbizness@gmail.com
    Date: Sun, Aug 15, 2021 10:24 am
    Aol.MAIL

We are closing all old version of our Mailbox as from Today
    Please follow the link below to update your account, Failure to
    do this. Your account will closed.

CLICK TO UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT

Thank You.
    Windows AOL Team

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to select emails in spam folder and block them all at the same time.

Allow users to select a number of emails in spam folder and block them all at the same time, instead of having to block each one individually.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PLEASE MAKE IT EASER TO BLOCK SPAM. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DON'T WANT IT TO BE BLOCKED BY HOW HARD YOU MAKE IT

block spam messages

aol needs to provide a one click block to spam messages!!! I takes forever to block spam messages!!

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. WHATS THE POINT OF FEEDBACK WHEN NO ONE RESPONDS ? LOUSY CUMSTOMER SERVICE !

PUT CONTROL OF MESSAGES BACK INTO HANDS OF USERS ! STOP SENDING MESSAGES TO 'OLD EMAIL' FILE EVERYTIME A USER OPENS ONE. ....AND ALL THE ADDS ARE DISTRACTING AND INFRINGE ON USERS PERSONAL SPACE !!!! YOUR PRODUCT STINKS...FIX IT !!!

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. opening attachments

I can not open email attachments anymore. I get the following message : {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"9c6b8921-03db-a2a1-2f2c-5a0014018600"}} What can I do to solve that issue?

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Return to the function to allow auto delete of all spam folders upon receipt.

Need to allow for auto delete of all spam folders upon receipt.

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Block without opening 2

Opening any e mail you do NOT recognize is a risk for a hack. We REALLY need this safety feature. Can you MAKE IT HAPPEN ?

Block the MASTER sites and all other SPAM mail stop.

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spam Block

Setting "only from contacts" should block ALL other senders, yet it does not. Many of us don't have time for SCAMS and Massive unwanted advertising. Even snail mail has never been this inefficient when a resident request unwanted mail to stop; otherwise a law suit can be the next message the unwanted company/scams may face. Yet, AOL Allows these criminals and does not protect the user. AOL enables constant massive overwhelming spam email. The settings need to give the user the ability to protect their mail box. Cost free, on regular mail a lock does this basic security task.

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Captcha on sign in

A week ago this CAPTCHA nonsense began with every sign in, I contacted support who thought it was on my end. NO NO it is NOT! Both computers with different operating systems on 3 different browsers is not me, its AOL! PLEASE take this AWAY! It is very INCONVENIENT and inconsiderate to those of us with visual issues.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CAPTCHA every time I log in? RIDICULOUS!

I understand that AOL might think it is doing users a big favor and protecting them by requiring the CAPTCHA photo selection, but EVERY SINGLE TIME one attempts to log in??? Crazy, frustrating, and extremely frustrating for those of us who log in four or more times a day! I notice I am not the only user who is upset about this, so perhaps AOL should pay attention and do something about it, cutting back the CAPTCHAs to once a month, or even once every other week, but NOT EVERY TIME EMAIL IS ACCESSED. You want AOL users and count…

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Get the ASPCA ads off my screen.

Please top those horrible ASPCA ads. Life is depressing enough without waking up to these dogs. And I already donate to the Humane Society

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base