AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems with instructions on third party app password creation

Received an email regarding the need to change how third party app (such as Apple iPhone mail or Thunderbird) would login to retrieve AOL mail. The instruction suggests the creating of an app password to be used by the third party app. The problem with the instruction (on https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in) is that under Thunderbird step 4 stated "Remove Account" --if you do this you will lose all your previous emails in that box. I have important sensitive business mail I need to preserve so this method won't work for me (i.e. removing account and creating a new one).

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

You can reach out to Thunderbird support to help you with their app’s settings or you…

2. Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

If you wish to register an AOL account, please go to mail.aol.com then click ‘’Create an account’’. In case you need additional help, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

4. Is this spam? ... Dear AOL Member, Your AOL account information is not up to date. To continue using AOL Account, you must update now.

Is this spam? ...
    Dear AOL Member,

Your AOL account information is not up to date. To
    continue using AOL Account, you must update now.

Please click the account update link below to update
    your account information.

http://updateaolaccount

If you choose not to update your account information,

your AOL E-mail account will be discontinued.

Thanks,
    AOL-TEAM

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accoun

my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accounts new password not recognized when submitted i Thunderbird and BlueMail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Can you switch to unified mailbox, by going to Options (top right corner), select Mail Settings then General>Inbox Style, select ‘’Use Unified Inbox style’’ then click Save settings. Please let us know of the issue persists.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

9. {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

I can't open any attachments, the system disokays:

{"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

10. report a bug downloading attachments

10/21/2021 at 7:00 AM. AOL gives an error when you try to download/open an attachment. This is independent of which browser I use. There seems to be no current mechanism on how to report a bug, so I am posting it here. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

12. attachments

I CANNOT OPEN OR DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENTS. THIS IS A PROBLEM ON BOTH OF MY DESKTOPS, AS WELL AS BOTH OF OUR IPHONES. PLEASE HELP!

I saw someone report the same thing below, and received a reply that the problem was fixed. APPARENTLY NOT!

I am ready to switch out of AOL, after decades of using AOL email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Last week, I didn't need a password to access Amazon, now I need one. Can this nonsense end? d hem

Please with the passwords, I've spent most of the morning trying to access Amazon and you keep asking me for a password. Everyone I give you say it isn't valid. I owe them money and would like to pay what I owe! How do I do that that?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. What happened to the shift enter to select a string of emails to delete?

You've now made me select each unwanted email to delete instead of a string of unwanted emails via shift enter.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AOL tends to reject e-mail every now and then

Hi Carrie,I thought that might have been the case, as I know that AOL tends to reject e-mail every now and then.  It doesn't go into my spam file, as I check that every day... they simply reject it.  I've lost several e-mail subscriptions over the years this way.  Thanks for getting back to me.Ed In a message dated 8/20/2021 12:01:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, ****** writes:Hi Ed,Thank you for contacting the National Senior Games Association (NSGA).NSGA records indicate that your qualification notice was emailed to **@aol.com.  It seems that certain email providers (i.e., AOL, Comcast, Cox, Cybermesa, Verizon) block or filter some bulk messages

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. how to clear email address in the query box-

how do you clear email address in the query box- I have the same " 6 helpful" emails addresses that I cannot get rid of - please prove a clearance tool

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why did you move the "from" column to the middle? I hate this new view

The old version was perfectly fine. Why did you move the from column to the middle of the page. It is distracting and illogical.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, we block access to AOL Mail from outdated apps that could leave your account vulnerable. If we sent you an email indicating that your app is using outdated security protocols or you’re unable to log in from an older app, you still have several options available to you.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. remove all aim.com

While updating my AOL account info today I noticed my email listed to be *@aim.com instead of *@aol.com, which I have had since 1994.

This may have something to do with when AOL dropped the AOL Instant Messenger.

Please correct this and delete *@aim.com; I only want *@aol.com

Thank You

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The option to delete the @aim.com would not be possible since that would mean deleting your account. Both @aim.com and @aol.com share the same mailbox and in case your account is the one with the aim.com domain, then the @aol.com is your account’s alias. When composing emails at mail.aol.com through a laptop or PC, you can choose your default sending account.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base