Skip to content

AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

81 results found

1. Please change the stationary. It hasn't been changed in years! Birthday cards needs to be changed also!

Change stationary pictures. I've used most of them for years and people notice I send the same ones every year!

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please enable AOL members with an Australian home address to sign up for your email security offers.

Dear AOL Member Services.

I have been a happy AOL customer for over 20 years and would love to engage your "junk-mail protection" offer.

However, your sign-up window will not accommodate a home address from outside the US.

So, because I live in Australia, I have been denied access to this offer.

Can you please address this discriminatory restriction for your loyal overseas members.

Kind regards,

Rory.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No longer getting valid sales!

I turn my computer on every morning and see your ads. But when I check them out I find they are expired. I am on Eastern time zone and they seem to expire before I check in. I an online between * to 11 AM Eastern. Your sales all shut down during the night.
    *@aol.com

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Block ads that should have content warnings

ne ad at the URL below showed a near full-screen image of an abused and neglected dog chained in the cold with no shelter. This was extremely upsetting to me for reasons I won't go into. But people with mental health issues need to be able to block ads that can cause them serious distress or a PTSD flashback.

Yeah, "tearjerker" images are supposed to result in higher donations and are a time-honored tradition. But it's not right that people can't be safe reading their own email. At home, I can not open my door to solicitors, but I am…

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don’t Change the Mail Interface!

Why change the interface to one where all the folders are no longer visible at one time? Why make it more onerous to use aol? So many of my friends have made fun of me for still using AOL.**** as they call it still to this day. I have congenital disabilities that affect my hands and fingers. Having all the folders visible at once cuts down the time and movement I have to do to switch folders, to move emails, to check other folders etc. etc. Why is AOL so insistent on making something that will require more time and…

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the EP-5000 error message I get every time I try to forward an email with an attachment

Fix the EP-5000 eror message given EVERY TIME you try to forward an email with an attachment. I've called several times about this. Reps just say "they have never heard of it" and their supervisors are working on it and to be "patient." Unacceptable in this day and age not to be able to forward simple emails with simple attachments.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need to be able to open emails in a NEW SEPARATE window. Please add that back in!

I need to be able to open emails in a NEW SEPARATE window. Please add that back in!

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We would like to comment on all stories, not just stories you think is appropiate

I would like to comment on all stories,not ones you think are appropiate.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you please consider butting back the feature that grouped emails in the “From Box” alphabetically in order from the sender?

Can you please consider butting back the feature that grouped emails in the “From Box” alphabetically in order from the sender?

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the new AOL, under stationery, SEASONS has no options. I called Tech support, and was told they do not exist.

In the new AOL, under stationery, SEASONS has no options. I called Tech support, and was told they do not exist. HELP !

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't Import Calendar Event

It is very easy to import an event file via Classic AOL Calendar. The New Design seems to missing the import feature in the "Actions" list.

I had to switch back to Classic AOL to find Import in the "More" list.

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Checkmarks

When I checkmark an e-mail in the inbox and click Keep as New, it works but the checkmark should then go away. Instead I have to uncheck it.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. See below. Could not type beyond a certain point in this space.

In our list of contacts we are allowed up to 99 names and e-mail addresses per list. We used to be able to alphabetize names and e-mail addresses by the person's last name. Now we can only sort by the person's e-mail address, which makes no sense because people do not remember people by their e-mail address. We have over 1000 members in our organization and we need to be able to sort them by their last name. Why this was changed over 2 years ago makes no sense to us and we just found out today, October 17, 2022,…

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Has AOL lost access to its news feeds? No news on front page.

For the last week or so, all the actual news articles have been gone from the front page, leaving only a half-dozen ad spots and the occasional celebrity-fluff piece. Problem has persisted through page reloads and computer reboots. Have HuffPost and your other suppliers cut you off?

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new format is not nearly as readable or pleasant as the former.

The Fonts, the layout, the blue dots, just about every aspect of the new mail layout is a failure. I was very deliberate in waiting and using the new format for more than a month now...and its still difficult to get used to, far less efficient and absolutely less legible. The new mail format is a complete and total failure.

On another topic, why do you allow all this political babble on this page which is about how to "Improve AOL"? Whatever your political leanings as a business organization...your political views are not going to make or break the site…

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display all new emails in the main body of the email area instead of indiv folders.

Instead of putting new emails in their folders automatically give the user a choice. I lke my new emails to be in the main area so I can review, move or delete without having to open every folder. I don't like this new feature. I would prefer the same features used in the Yahoo emails.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. fix the Block all senders not in my address book! when I turn it off, then back on days later, it doesn't work!!!

block all contacts not in my address book! sometimes I turn it off, because I am expecting new messages (1st time) then It won't turn back on, now mailbox looks like this again!
    135980@offer95-zoqloq.com

Contains inline images
    Sell your Timeshare and start traveling🛫🏊 10:13 am

an unread message from Gadgets@bestofferssite.fun subject: "Get Deep Discounts Today on These Great Gifts" Sent: Mon Nov 28 2022

Gadgets@bestofferssite.fun

Get Deep Discounts Today on These Great Gifts 10:06 am

an unread message from renter-info@2ny1B-soryrblintation.com subject: "Why Does Your Dog Bark So Much?" Sent: Mon Nov 28 2022

renter-info@2ny1B-soryrblintation.com

Why Does Your Dog Bark So…

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop so many spam emails

How come I m receiving so many more spam emails on a daily basis !!! over 250 emails today. This is not acceptable. What are you doing about stopping these from getting to my spam box.
    I would rather receive legitimate emails which are relevant, rather than a barrage of emails that or possibly a security threat to me and everyone else. Please update your system to stop this

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base