AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 179th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. what has happenned to my politank 3 mailbox ?

I want my politank3 mailbox back in options

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how to sort emails by quantity

How can we sort emails by quantity. Highest to lowest. so we can delete sending incoming emails. This would allow us to delete a set of emails to free up space .

250th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spam Reports

Make logging in quicker!!! Give us better Spam controls that work!!!!
    Reduce the ads!!! We SHOULD NOT have to pay to stop ads!!!!
    What are you people doing?!
    Email should be simple, fun, convenient, and efficient. NOT anymore.
    Do you want to make people move? Make a bad name for yourself?
    Geez, in this day and age - you should be able to figure this out.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  100 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to be able to TURN OFF the SPAM filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru!

Need to be able to TURN OFF the spam filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru! "Teaching my spam filter" is a truly silly idea, highly impractical!

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  95 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NEWS "TODAY on AOL"

Sorry to say, but "TODAY on AOL" news looks and sounds just like
    "THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER"....
    Your news is not worth reading...."PATHETIC"...

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  94 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do I download the AOL app on my windows computer?

How do I download the aol app on my windows 10 computer?

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keeps opening incorrect user interface; opens one I cannot use!

I'm rather sick of AOL Mail deciding that I want a mobile or tablet version of the site. I cannot view the version that you are giving me!

I have the desktop version slelected for a reason!

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Go back to the simple AOL window and keep the calendar as it was

Not happy with the new AOL design. Please give my old AOL back to me and the calendar I always used.

179th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. attachments

Please restore the option to download an attachment (especially PDFs) without opening! Thanks!

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PPlease return the "block emails containing these words" filter - IT WORKED -y remove it?

Return the spam setting for blocking emails that contained specific words. I have NO IDEA why you would remove it - and looking at all of the exact same complaints I don't know why you would not have returned it to spam setting. Adding the email address does nothing because they just send **** with a new address -why should I pay you for this inconvenience? I accept better for my money.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please allow me to actually remove people's old, unused, prior email addresses from the AOL app on my phone!

Add a feature to the phone app that allows contact addresses to be removed!

119th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow 3rd party email clients

You won't allow sending from Thunderbird or Apple Mail. The reason is security. It's obvious you want us to read ads or track us or something to do with your bottom line.

If security were the true reason, then everyone would disallow 3rd party email clients from sending email.

If you don't allow 3rd party email to handle my account, I will close it and say goodbye to AOL altogether.

I never chose to sign up with AOL; verizon was taken over by AOL, and I wanted to try to keep that account, but it is no longer practical, unless…

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove Bulk Mail Folder or give us editing rights

Give us Editing Rights to the Bulk Mail folder you surprisingly inserted into our account which is also in Outlook 2016

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. **** e-mails

For several weeks now, I have been getting **** e-mails. Even though they do go into my Spam. Why am I suddenly getting such - never had them before. I do not access any sites that should trigger such. I have added most of them to my Blocked option.

139th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let me "verify (my data) now" and not make you "remind me later."

Discontinue blocking me from accessing my mail until or unless I provide additional phone numbers or e-mail addresses. I can click "remind me later" which generates ANOTHER occasion when you block me and warn me "don't get locked out of your mail." One option to NOT providing additional contact data would seem to be to click "verify now" after seeing that my contact data is correct as is. When I DO click that, I'm STILL locked out of my mail. I'm, then, given no choice but to, once again, ask you to "remind me later." I DON'T WANT YOU TO…

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why must I push three buttons to get to new mail after I sign in?

After signing in, I should be able in one click to get to my new mail.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  72 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fix the search. Since you changed the format recently search for my emails does not work.

fix the search function which does not work since you changed the format recently

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I hate this new format. I have been with Netscape since 2006 and this change is hideous

I want to go back to the old format. No one asked you to change to
    AOL and I simply cannot understand this new format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

205th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base