AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow -- to convert to em dash (—) automatically

Add option to make two hyphens (--) equal em dash ( — ) so my emails don't look semiliterate.

Also, fix your Search so I can search for " em " (with spaces) without every instance of "email" coming up.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ability to revert to previous saved email draft when a part of the email is accidentlly deleted during a revision

Ability to revert to a previously auto-saved email draft when a bigger part of the email is accidentally deleted during a revision
    ( Like a MS Word document)

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL desktop web mail, Gold needs an Archive button, folder like AOL mobile web mail

AOL mobile web mail has an Archive button and the Archive folder is pinned to the top of the folder list. Both AOL desktop web mail and AOL Gold do not do either.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When sending email show name instead of email address. Like this: Show sender names instead of email addresses in message lists

When sending emails show only the name, not email address. Like it is below for receiving emails.

Show sender names instead of email addresses in message lists
    Example: Alex J White instead of a*@aol.com

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New buttons: Paste button and Undo button.

Having a 'Paste' button and an 'Undo' button would be very extremely useful when composing messages, especially when i hit the wrong button and everything i just typed or attached disappears and i have to start all over again. Yes, it happens more often than you may think. thank you so very much!

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bounce back to sender

Please put in a bounce back so we can bounce back to sender so that we can send a bounce back to sender with all the spam that are getting to our accounts. This may help with the spam if they think there isn't a person at the account

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Idea for AOL to help its legitimate customers

Suggestion for AOL to help its customers who are weak on recognizing phishing. Set up your own AOL phishing email and send it to your customers. Anyone who answers that email, you can send them message on "why you shouldn't have answered this message."

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Proofread

I saw feeback regarding proofreading the titles of your articles, and my suggestion goes a step further.
    Proofread not only the titles, but the lead-ins to the stories as well. There are multiple typos / errors in the lead-ins that should have been caught before publishing / posting them.
    I haven't even gone through all of the individual articles, but I am sure if the titles / lead-ins are not verified, the articles themselves will have these errors as well.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Heads up It looks like you’re trying to access Mail in a different language. You can update your account settings or read more here. message

Receantly I have beeen getting this message 'It looks like you’re trying to access Mail in a different language. You can update your account settings or read more here.' when I log into my email, I have not changed my language setting and it still says English - United Kingdom, and my Recent Activity bit clearly show I am in england - united kingdom,

I have changed it to another then back and just dismissed the message but it still keeps coming back up at the top every time I log in.

Someone from admin/product support in another persons comment…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Readability Mode Issue

Using Windows 10 laptop and Opera Browser, once I choose "enable readability mode" from general settings, and the email format changes over, there is no way to navigate back to original format. The mode isn't built correctly to have a full listing of options in the settings, so once a user chooses "enable readability mode," there is no way to cancel the choice and go back to original format. I verified this with tech support case# 18194719. Please fix. Also, like others have said, the readability mode features fonts that are very small. While they are bolder and DO provide…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How can I Search the spam folder?

Why can't I select the Spam folder for a Search?

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add word and excel

Microsoft just deleted - wiped clean some of my word docs, no telling if it applies to previously saved stuff. i'm afraid to look. Please. I know you guys are some of the best. I've be aolemail from the start and refuse to use anything else, but the packaging from microsoft ( i quit outlook years ago) it's the word and excell. is causing an immediate hurt. Be the american patriots I know you are (Yes, i have followed your story) and get us the products we need! I believe in you!

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. unable to delete a group of names in contacts

unable to delete more than a few names at a time in contacts

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once again, remove the 3 boxes at the end of email subject line.

Once again, remove the 3 boxes at the end of email subject line. I accidentally hit the delete box and now I can not find that email ANY WHERE. THANKS.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creating folders

I would like to suggest that when a person is creating a new folder, the new folder link should be at the top of the list, not at the bottom. The new folder option is more convenient at the top.

105th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop blocking pro American comments. The liberals are losers.

Stop blocking pro American comments. The liberals are losers.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filter tricky and unscrupulous ads

There are a lot of tricky and unscrupulous ads you are allowing on aol email pop-up windows, for example one thay says: "New terrifying law may cripple your retirement savings," with an altered image of President Biden with red eyes, like a demon. You should be more ethical and selective in the ads you accept and spread.

105th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable time sent option in Inbox or New/Old Mail view, and display time sent in messages.

Enable time sent option in Inbox or New/Old Mail view, and display time sent in messages. It seems to me to display arrogance on the part of AOL that one can see time sent when looking at the original message while replying/forwarding, but at no other time (except in Inbox for today's messages).

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AOL Mail scripts allow setting the sort indicator without doing the sort, a bug.

If you click too fast requesting a sort, it might be appropriate for scripts to ignore you, but currently they often set the sort indicator in the heading yet forget to sort the rows. This seems to be a straight coding bug. The scripts should not stop until the current sort indicator and the data agree.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base