AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting the Inbox

Would you make a toggle on/off option to see only UNREAD mail in the inbox?

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop Blocking Important Email

I haven't been getting important emails. (I connect using POP3) I just logged in online and found a bunch in the spam folder. (I don't have any spam filters set. This appears to be the only on/off.) Email was so much more reliable back when verizon handled the verizon.net addresses. AOL email is lousy and undependable at best. There is also an intermittent problem receiving important emails hosted by site5.com. Please stop the arbitrary blocking of emails being sent to me.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. downloads

The new Apple OS Catalina (SUCKS) is sending all my email attachements to the OS download folder. I don't want that to happen. In the past, all my downloads could be directed where I wanted them to go. Usually, to my desk top. I can't find any way on the OS or AOL mail to fix this problem: HELP!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ads and popups

Too many ads and pop ups to open articles. Hope you're making lotsa $$$ but you went from first to worst. I dare you to respond.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email Fraud Assistance/Verificaion

Email Fraud

I received an email saying my aol account was hacked and to click on a Verizon.com icon. do you have an email address to report spoofs?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to be able to send certain messages with high priority/importance

Add the option, when composing mail, for selecting High, Normal or Low priority/importance.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically delete emails that older than 60 days

Allow individuals to set a time after which emails would be deleted, i.e. 60 days.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hey AOL - how about less emphasis on ads, and more attention to your customers?

It is extremely frustrating to have to put up with no less than 4 full screens of advertising just to actually get to my Email!! Separating the Login screen from the Password screen, just so AOL can sell more ad revenue, wastes my time, slows the process and is very annoying. Also, I notice constant problems with email loading and navigation, but those stupid, annoying banner ads always come right up!!

34th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filter Display Names

When a filter is based on "From", it should also catch display names, not just the address.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I can only download one attachment.

I was able to download multiple attachments in an email. I can only download 1 file and have to close AOL mail, reopen AOL mail for the other files.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Important settings changes

Has the toggle choice for "allowing apps that use less secure sign ins" been removed from your Account Info options setting? I need to turn this toggle choice OFF as it is affecting my Firefox sign in to the account and I can no longer find the toggle under Account Info/Account Security. Why?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I try to log into the AOL calendar, and all I get is advertising-Verizon to be exact.

get verizon out of my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sick of trying to log into a page and getting only a Verizon ad.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need new stationery and fonts - catch up with the times!

You desperately need new stationery themes (it's been YEARS) and a greater variety of fonts!!

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add landline phone for account opening and verificaations. Only Cell phone account help is to fraudulent.

Landline phones that have connection to your home address for account and delivery verification are more accurate then cell phone use which is a very fraudulent way of having a AOL account.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For SPAM AND DELETED Folders - Should be ONE CLICK TO REMOVE if you click the Trash Can Icon.

For SPAM AND DELETED Folders - Should be ONE CLICK TO REMOVE if you click the Trash Can Icon. No Need to confirm.
    If you want to preview beforehand you can still just click the Folder.

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please, please, stop the "Microsoft Azure" banner ad at the top of the email list from flashing and repeating!

The banner ad thumbnails are a nuisance, but tolerable. However, the Microsoft ad that repeatedly cycles is extremely annoying and distracts from what I came to the page to do - read my mail. Tell Microsoft that it is making me so mad, I will not even consider their product. And tell the AoL ad manager that this kind of annoyance may drive me away from AoL.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base