AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL is not concern about your convenience!

It's very obvious that AOL does NOT have your interests at heart! Just look at all the pleas and requests to put back the spam blocks to stop unwanted mail and yet NOTHING has been done about it by AOL. THEY DON'T CARE about WHAT YOU THINK OR WOULD LIKE!!! They're ONLY out for themselves! Close your accounts and go somewhere else. There are other places out there, that will block unwanted spam mail!

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. screen size issues

Make the screen easier to use and be able to dispose of selected messages faster

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unread mail

I used to be able to sort and find all of my unread mail. I can no longer do that. It would be nice to have that feature back very soon. Thanks.

157th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting the Inbox

Would you make a toggle on/off option to see only UNREAD mail in the inbox?

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Does this mean what everyone says that AOL is unsafe and better to use other email addresses.

Move emails that are more safe and modern. Trying to retrieve recently deleted emails to no avail. On my ipad there is no recently deleted email tab. So i went on a desk top and there was one but there was nothing. I was told aol email is old fashioned and full of viruses. Does that mean change emails and aol is not dependable? Used all your recorded suggestions and none work.

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adverstisment on AOL Opening Page

AOL on its opening page present excellent articles one followed by another. Originally it was a pleasure to read and learn from these Pictorial Articles. But then it appears some smart Alex at AOL thought of interspersing those pages with Advertisements to the point that these ads have become an irritant to the reader. I personally at first skipped these ads. Now I do not even Look at those Articles. I get them better at other sites. I believe that others must be doing the same. I came to AOL for efficiency & security in communicating with my addressee and…

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offer a right-click menu option to restrict spam addresses.

Give the option to restrict spam addresses or entire domains with a right-click menu option on a spam e-mail, rather than having to jump through hoops to individually add each one to the restricted list.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put it back to how the mail account was!

Put it back to how the mail account interface was! I really dislike the awkward navigation to get a simple task done, it’s NOT user friendly.
    It’s just change for the sake of change, not an improvement.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. imogies

It would be nice to be able to add symbols, face, etc to messages

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AOL web mail search fails on long phrases

I took the subject of a common email and searched for it, to delete them all, but it failed to find these exact matches. I removed some words and it found them, so your search function has a solid bug with longer phrases!

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. delete email account without current access

it is currently impossible to delete an email address without already having access to the email address, if you ask for help all that happens is that the request is appended to the list of complaints that the address cannot be deleted which does not address the problem. you need to create a way for people to access you about their email even if their aol email is not working

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. backgrounds

Why are backgrounds not working!!!

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Off line access

Go back to the previous system. It allowed you to read saved msgs, contacts, etc when off line. The new system is not an improvement at all. We need access to our info without having to sign on.

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix the search. Since you changed the format recently search for my emails does not work.

fix the search function which does not work since you changed the format recently

332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 332nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How do mass download all mail in a folder

With AOL now deactivating accounts not used for a period of time, it's imperative that we have an option to MASS DOWNLOAD all saved mail in ALL folders we've created. Even if they weren't deactivating accounts not used for long, there still MUST BE an OPTION ADDED to MASS DOWNLOAD every piece of mail INCLUDING ATTACHMENTS TO THE MAIL, without having to open 100's, if not 1000's pieces of mail and downloading them, and their attachments 1 at a time. This is an imperative option. THIS FEATURE MUST BE ADDED ASAP - and if there's a way to do it,…

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base