AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. THE WORST UX AND UI OF ANYTHING

I have been helping my older mother with her email to manage accounts she has signed up with. The only reason it is through AOL is because it is a Verizon email that she has had for years. I use Gmail.

I feel myself getting frustrated within a few seconds of using her AOL account. It is unbelievable how bad the user experience and interface are. Nothing is in a logical place. Spam just piles in. I had to search how to block email addresses. Why do I need to be bombarded with news and advertisement carousels before I can…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear about this and I’d like to help!

You can check this article to see how to manage spam: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy

You can easily disable the ‘Today on AOL’ news feed by following the steps below:

- Click the ‘Options’ menu located in the top right corner of the screen
    - Select ‘Mail Settings’
    - In the ‘General’ tab, un-check the ‘Show me Today on AOL when signing in’ feature

This will allow you to go directly to your Inbox when signing in to your email account.

If you need additional assistance, you can contact us at https://help.aol.com/contact/

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a solution for you, please try these steps:
    1. Go to Internet Options
    2. Go to the second tab(“Security”)
    3. For the first zone, named “Internet” – press Reset all zones to default level
    4. Go to the third zone: “Trusted Sites” and click on “Sites”
    5. Type in https://guce.advertising.com then click on Add and Close
    6. Hit Ok and reboot the browser.

We also recommend accessing your account on a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)

3. Please fix the problem that prevents me from using an e-mail client with your service.

For several weeks now, I have been unable to use an e-mail client with my Verizon/AOL account. After successfully using Outlook with your service, for many years, it stopped working. After many unsuccessful attempts to access my e-mail Outlook, I downloaded and installed Thunderbird, but this program is also unable to work with my Verizon/AOL account. I see that many other people are experiencing the same problem. Your browser experience is really crude, lacking the many features that e-mail clients provide.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

4. Two weeks ago I lost the ability to send or receive email on my Android phone & on Outlook on my computer & can't rebuild the profiles. HELP

I can still use my Verizon.net via the web. Did anything change at AOL? Can you look at my account? Can you help? Thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

5. Sort out the problem with your server access to my emails

What have you done to your email server? I can no longer access my aol emails via a second party email app such as Windows Mail. I can only access aol mail via your aol app on android which contains all sorts of rubbish or using a web browser to access 'AOL email'. Sort this out.
    ps. I'm already starting to move contacts to an alternative email address.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Poor tech support

My case no. is 16688259. I have wasted two and one-half hours of my life in the last few days with no result.

AOL needs to hire technicians and then train them so that they are actually competent regarding its software.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

9. On the mobile app as soon a message is opened it goes to Old mail which is very annoying.

Eliminate the OLD mail folder or keep opened emails in the INBOX

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

To have your inbox unified, please go to mail.aol.com through a laptop/desktop computer, click Options>Mail Settings>General then at Inbox Style select Use Unified Inbox style’’. Click Save settings.

So these settings reflects in the app, please uninstall/reinstall the AOL app.

10. fix the header boxes on the main page

First, please the header boxes on the main page, they spin past in a blur and I can't make heads nor tails of them. Also, please fix the main page so it remembers my location, it always defaults to NY and I do not live in NY. THANK YOU!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
    Here is an article for instructions: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6
    Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

11. The recent update leaves old emails in my inbox

After the recent update some emails doggedly remain in my inbox and refuse to be moved - please fix

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

12. Can I become a member of OAL outside the USA?//

AOL outside USA membership can it be . Please let me know thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. why do you not change for germans the background into german i do not understand

why do you not change for germans the backround into german i do not understand and im not interested for news in english ... im interested to german news........
    i hope you can do it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My inbox has 6 new pages of old filed mail!!! How could this happen

Opened Old mail and have 6 pages of mail that I had already filed i appropriate folders. How can this happen???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

15. Spam on Etsy

I order from Etsy over a month ago and never received the item which I paid for. Is there any way to report this so others won't be taken?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Qwerty

Keyboard has changed on android. How do I return to Qwerty?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can’t open my emails. This happens regularly. I don’t have this problem with my other email account that’s not with aol.

I can’t open my emails AGAIN. I’m getting a new email that’s not with aol. This happens all the time! I need to read my emails. And this customer service is unacceptable!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This was a known issue which our engineers have corrected. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Yahoo Product Support

19. stop all those pop ads!!! NOW

STOP POP UP ADS annoying !!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)