AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I faithfully put spam email addresses and variations of them, using *, by going into Mail Settings, Spam Settings. Are you using this lista

I faithfully add my spam email addresses to Mail Settings, Spam Options, using the full addresses and variations of them, using *. Are you still using this information to filter my incoming mail? It does not seem so and it takes a lot of time to go through my spam and do this everyday. Why can't you add a 'Delete and Block' Function so I don't have to go through 6 steps to add an address, in addition to just Delete. It could be a one step function. Here is a list of my blocked addresses, from over the many…

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You can improve this site by not showing the president's face each and every day!

Do Donald Trump have stock in AOL.COM? If he is not paying for his face on here, why do I see it every time I log on. You asked my opinion that's it.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your ***** system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving ***** notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT…

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. why is every single time i sign on i have a pop up from AOL ?

Why is every single time i sign i have a pop up from AOL ?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 Improving Email's spell check features and also 2. Folder arrangements

Two points:

1. The e-mail's spell-check has the feature "skip" Why doesn't AOL e-mail's Spell Check has the feature of "Skip All"? This will help in speeding spell check if I have a unique word such as SplChk coming several times in the body of the e-mail.

2. In the Folders arrangement, why doesn't AOL e-mail has the feature of "Nested Folders" such that we can seep several folders in one folder?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. reading lots of mail

When I am on page 3 or 4 or 5 ... and I go to view an Email;
    When i return I am again on page 1 - I have to go & remember & go to PAGE I was on and scroll to find my place = So useless if I have 80 or 100 email to read !!!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have AOL in my IPhone X and it will not stay loaded. It

AOL will not stay open. When I click on an email page or article, etc. after a few seconds it closes, disappears from screen, whatever.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Is there a way to merge AOL contact list with Galaxy Note 8 phone without using SIM card?

How to merge AOL Contact list with Galaxy Note 8 without using SIM card?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?

Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?They are too close and accidents occur. Please move the button apart and add a color change:
    examples: red to delete, yellow for spam, orange for not spam, green for keep as new.
    Or allow customization to do so.

399th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support multiple server connections to cache for third party clients under IMAP

When a third-party client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail enables multiple server connections to cache for an IMAP account, accessing folders initiates additional login authorizations which will eventually be rejected when too many requests are made within a given period of time. This is very frustrating for the user, since he or she has in fact "done everything right" when setting up the account. As a workaround, PLEASE advise the user when setting up his e-mail account under a third-party program to set the maximum number of server connections to cache to 1:

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

https://help.aol.com/articles/download-your-email-from-aol-mail-with-imap

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add additional options for Fonts that we can choose from

I believe all of us that uses webmail only has up to 9 Fonts to choose from. I would like to request if this can be increased so that we can have more options to choose.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AOL has lots of technical glitches

what is wrong with AOL?? always tech. glitches! update your very old server!

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AOL Spam mail delete buttons are incorrect.

To delete Spam mail there is an empty button in both New mail and Spam mail. In Spam mail after pressing empty there is an unnecessary confirmation needed. In New mail after pressing empty Spam there is a missing confirmation and users can mistakenly loose mail without seeing the Spam folder first or at least stop the action. The buttons need to be reprogrammed in the right places. This change is urgently needed.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why do you always make thing harder to use?????

Bring back the frop down menu for my email names. You gave us the ability to use seven different names, and it used to be that there was a drop down menu that showed which name had email, and you could simply click on it. Now you hae to type in the entire name of each different email to see if there's anythiing new. It was much easier before, you made it a lot more difficult. Why? Also, AOL is terrible at sending more than one image at a time - other ISPs are much better at this - can't…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. change default address

I have used the AOL system since it was netscape.net. Recently I noticed that when I send mail, the default for my own address is the netscape.net version. Even though I often add my current AOL address in the message, I find that some people have picked up the old address. How can I change the settings on my account so 1) the default when I write a new message is my AOL address while at the same time 2) the earlier netscape.net address is not eliminated?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. hovering over "From" entries should show the sender complete URL.

This is needed due to the huge number of fake messages containing as names legit places, but the real URL proves them to be fakes for phishing. AOL had it for a while but now it is lost.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. functionality

It would be great when within an email, there was a "back to inbox" arrow that would take you back to the Inbox, rather than having to click on the Inbox in the left pane. (Similar to what gmail already has). Just a thought for easier navigation.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base