AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 99+ 14 7 39 Images blocked Show images | Don't block this sender Turn off image blocking Your AOL Email suspension notice, Kindly update y

Why is AOL sending this, with a yahoo sender message. I go to it it has AOL signon and password required. Not sure if this is AOL.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i dont want to see the news on my homepage.

I dont want to see the news on my homepage. I dont want to see shooting after shooting just to check my email. More is going on in the world than violence. How do I change this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! You can always go to mail.aol.com to access your mailbox directly. If you encounter any issues, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why do I keep getting suspicious activity messages when I log in?

When I do get in with a 4 character code that is sent to an alternative email address and go to activity, it does not show anything suspicious. Is it broken?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. If there’s something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we’ll ask you to go through another verification step after you’ve entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code on your AOL app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

-AOL notices suspicious account activity.
    -You’re using an unfamiliar browser or device.
    -You’re traveling away from your usual location.
    -You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.
    -You’ve logged in with a private or incognito window.
    -There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.
    -The “First time signing in from this device” message appears.
    -You’ve cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.

If you encounter any issues, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on…

6. what are the spam rules?

Why won't AOL tell it's members what constitutes spam? I suddenly got locked out after sending a bunch of e-mails to groups of cousins. I called for help, was forced to sign up for tech support and was told by two AOL employees they are now allowed to tell me how many e-mails sent in what amount of time qualifies as spam nor would they tell me how long after being locked out would my account be reopened.
    I had been previously told that after AOL took over from Verizon that I was no longer limited to 100 people per…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to better enforce anti-spam policies, AOL does not disclose the number of recipients or emails that can be sent at one time.

If you’ve received a notification that a limit has been met, you’ll need to wait a set amount of time before you can send more emails. Most sending limit notifications inform you of how long you’ll have to wait.

If you’re planning to regularly send bulk email, consider looking into alternate solution.

7. Does AOL include security software that is compatible with my Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.6?

Does AOL include security software that is compatible with my Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.6?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AOL is suddenly populating old and deleted email addresses that no longer appear in my contact list. It isn't accepting my corrections.

Please fix the contact list. Email addresses that I removed years ago are suddenly showing up again and now populating my TO box. I've double-checked the contact list and these old addresses are NOT in my contacts. Attempts to correct the problem are failing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleating e-mails

I look at e-mails on three devices, i-phone, lap top and desk top. How can I delete an e-mail once and it's gone from all three without having to go to each device separately?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. URGENT: PROBLEM PAYING FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S. FOR AOL SERVICES

Dear AOL representative, do NOT trash my 5th email to AOL regarding my payment, be a good professional and escalate this problem to a Supervisor who can help with this problem...

RESENDING EMAIL THAT I SENT 5 TIMES SINCE EARLY APRIL 2021. PLEASE DO NOT PREVENT USING AOL BECAUSE WILL DESTROY MY LIFE. I USE AO FOR 26 YEARS. LET'S FIND A SOLUTION. I WANT TO PAY, AOL THAT INCREADIBLY DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FROM OUTSIDE OF THE USA.

PLEASE HAVE A HUMAM BEING WITH HEART AND PROFESSIONAL SPIRIT THERE, ESCALATE THE SITUATION AND HELP RESOLVING

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear about this situation you’re facing. At the moment, our system does not accept credit/debit cards from outside US, however, you can always register a new account at mail.aol.com in case you’re unable to recover your existing account.

12. Why do you keep changing my location to New York when we live on the west coast?

Stop changing our location from the west coast to the east coast.
    We live in Oregon, BUT YOU KEEP CHANGING OUR LOCATION TO NEW YORK...Isn't ANYONE MINDING THE STORE?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. leave it alone! My aol date and subject line switched place

Went to aol mail today and I clicked on a date box to move a email and the subject box and date box switched places and I cant get them back where they belong. If you did this on purpose I will be switching to gmail. If I can get it back to where it use to be I will continue with aol. Dont ***** with the emails...!!!!! Give us a choice to KEEP what we have or lose us.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to scroll thru all my e-mails, not just the current page.

I want to be able to scroll thru all my e-mails, not just the current page.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why does spell check use British spelling instead of USA?

Use USA english dictionary spelling rather than the British. Humor, not humour, Catalog, not catalogue. Get the idea?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eliminate sender's name on emails.

How can I eliminate my name from an email that I Forward, Reply or Reply All. I just one the email address to be seen alone w/o my name.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete unwanted folder on PC

I found that I have a mail folder in AOL acct. that I did not create. I can't delete the folder. Any suggestions on how to delete it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

18. aol changes language unsolicitedly

AOL keeps changing the language of my email account...without even bothering to ask my consent. Any attempt to contact them fails because...aol email contact is inhibited due to Covid 19... while the entire world is working from their home office. About time that aol comes up with a little more credible excuse for ignoring their customers' preferences and needs.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. trash folder

stop automatically putting my incoming mail into my trash folder. I sjhould not have to go thru the "options" each day to make it stop.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My e-mail was hacked a

Please help Someone is e-mailing addresses at least 30 per hour.
    What can I do to stop this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base