AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

Thank you!

2. Community Guidelines

I am not surprised at all. I know what to expect. The Left can post insulting comments, disparaging phrases. But if I even type Hunter Biden's name, it gets rejected for not meeting "community standards." They do that kind of thing in China and North Korea. If that doesn't make other social platforms more appealing and a better tenant of FREE SPEECH, I don't know what does.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged: - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.) - Suspicious IP - Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines: https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/guidelines/index.html

3. THANK YOU

Thank you for returning to the old format. I am very appreciative and will continue to use my AOL mail that I've been using since 2001.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. Massive spam I cannot BLOCK

I have SETTINGS on getting email ONLY CONTACTS yet every day I get 100 + emails from a site(s) that has infinite disposable none repetitive FROM addresses. I detest those FILTERS which DO NOT FILTER. PLEASE MAKE THE ACTUAL FROM CONTACTS ONLY DO EXACTLY THAT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Verizon Account Users/Accounts Not working as of August 5th.

Verizon email account users. As of 8/5/2021 Verizon emails are not able to be received and or sent successfully. This occurs with any third-party email clients. It's an AOL server issue. It is not a password, or server setting issue. AOL, please investigate your email server for Verizon account users.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

8. Mail notification " you are trying to access AOL mail in a different Language"

Why and who is trying to acess my mail in a different language?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. opening attachments

I can not open email attachments anymore. I get the following message : {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"9c6b8921-03db-a2a1-2f2c-5a0014018600"}} What can I do to solve that issue?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

10. I only want "UNREAD EMAILS"!

I only want to see my unread emails. NOT thousands of others that were read.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fraudulent Account has been created with EBROGDON@cs.com

I was told by Customer Service Rep "O'Neil" at 11:50 a.m. today (5/27/22) to log via AOL Feedback my problem, even though he indicated he was escalating my request with regard to a fraudulent e-mail account (CS.COM) having been created with my daughter's maiden name (), my home address and my home phone number and used to create an account with www,BETUS.COM.PA, a sports betting website. I was alerted via my I.D. Theft monitoring service through my employer, the federal judiciary, that the account with the sports betting organization was created on 4/21/22. The *@cs.com account is

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi.

It seems that account has been spoofed. Email spoofing is the forgery of an email header so the message appears to be coming from somewhere other than the actual source. It's similar to writing a forged return address on a letter. Scammers use spoofing because your contacts are more likely to open the email if it looks like it's coming from you. Spoofed emails are sent from outside the AOL network and attackers don't have access to that particular email address. We encourage you to report the offense so we can ensure that action is taken, here: https://help.aol.com/email-support  

In the meantime, please create a filter to send any incoming emails from it to Spam or Trash or add it to your blocked list.

12. Bitte eMails-Seite in deutsch.

Bitte eMails in deutsch !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

You can change the language preferences, by going to Options (top right corner on mail.aol.com), select Account Info>Preferences>select your language from the right side drop down.

Thank you,
    AOL Mail

13. Let me re-register my first ever email address.

It was deleted for inactivity, I don't see the point of not allowing me to use the same username. It was my first ever email address and special to me, I would really like the option to re-register the username.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mail

Support, how can I retreive all my messages for my account since I have not logged into in a long time? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While most spam should be caught by our Spam filters, occasionally some can slip through. If that does happen it's very important to mark the email as Spam. It lets our system learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make AOL Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

16. Bulk Mail

A couple of years ago there was a spam folder. Then it got renamed to 'Bulk Mail' (about the time AOL seemed to start running on the Yahoo mail platform).
    This morning 2022-04-18, my email client started getting timeouts on 'Bulk Mail'. Logged on through mail.aol.com and found it was now named 'Bulk'. Was this deliberate? Another account still has a 'Bulk Mail'. When you change the names of the "built-in" folders, do you notify users? Will I soon find it named 'Bulk_Mail' because the embedded space became a problem in your mail server software?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

The Bulk folder is not a default folder in AOL Mail. If you're using third-party email apps to access your AOL emails, that folder would be linked to that particular email application. If you need additional help or you have questions, you can also contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you, 

AOL Mail team

17. My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password.

My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, Em Client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password. When I asked for help I received a message stating no help available due to Covid. The next page showed me a 24/7 help link for $4.99 per month. I do not want to use the service any longer. Looking for alternatives without hassle and ads.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

18. Cannot add a new email folder

I cannot add any new folders to my email? Where did the prompts go for "new folder" or "+" ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

If you're not seeing the ''+'' sign to create a new folder, it's possible your left side menu to be hidden/minimized. To increase its size, drag the margin to your right or double click the margin. 

In case you need additional help, contact us at hep.aol.com

Thank you, 

AOL Mail team 

19. Folders once I set them up and have no need for folder anymore I am not able to delete?

I am having problems trying to delete folders I no longer need

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

You can delete folders  in AOL Mail. Hover over the folder you wish to delete, click the gear icon then click on Delete. In case you're not seeing the gear icon, that means the left side menu is minimized, you can drag its border to the right to maximize it. In case you need additional help, you can contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you, 

AOL Mail team

20. Stop posting stupid messages

Remove the "It looks like you’re trying to access Mail in a different language. You can update your account settings or read more here." because it is not true!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base