AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a way to merge AOL contact list with Galaxy Note 8 phone without using SIM card?

How to merge AOL Contact list with Galaxy Note 8 without using SIM card?

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to go to 'contacts only.'

Re: Webmail
    It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to send notices to 'contacts only.'

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add other email accounts

Dear Concern,

Is there any way to import and receive emails from other email service like Gmail, Yahoo etc. to my AOL account and send emails on behalf of them using AOL. I think nowadays this is a common feature of all email service providers' but couldn't find it on AOL.

Looking forward to seeing your response.

Thanks & Regards,

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter Display Names

When a filter is based on "From", it should also catch display names, not just the address.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your ***** system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving ***** notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT…

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically delete email with keywords

We should have a setting that will allow us to have emails automatically deleted if they contain certain words.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You are still have bugs with Russia phone numbers!!!! I don't know how to make you fix this, I had written you few years ago about this

I don't know how to make you fix this, I had written you few years ago about this. Russian's phone prefix is +7, and phone number looks like +7(989)1234567. But you stubbornly add "8", and after that phone number looks like +7 8 (989)1234567. It's so disappointed! Fix this please!!!

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete all read mail at once

All mail to be deleted at once after read

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Verification Code Problems

Please once again accommodate landline phones as backup contacts for your verification codes and similar communications. I live in a mobile phone dead spot, so more than half the time, I can't receive calls or texts to my mobile phone. Also I can't always access the backup email addresses that you offer as options.

I want and need to be able for you to call my landline with your verification codes and other communications.

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2FA - Google Authenticator/Authy

Two-Factor Auth that is not tied to a phone number... like Google Authenticator or Authy support. It's too easy for a malicious actor to port one's phone number and reset the password for an account via an SMS message. PLEASE enable better security by supporting one of the aforementioned apps.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete spam in say 30 days.

I would like an automatic spam deletion in about 30 days.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spelling

There should be a way to add spelling of new words to the dictionary.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit Functions

I should be able to control my information on this account. Add edit function to options account info to allow me to add or delete phone number

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dark Interface and Virtual Disk?

Hi AOL Team,

A completely dark interface and virtual disk is not bad.

Thanks.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put the settings with the processes again!

Put settings with the processes again!
    You previously had it where we could adjust the mail processes on the mail screen, but it's not there any longer. It's off, hidden, in some mysterious location that can't be found but portions of the settings can be found via the mail "HELP" menu.

Very silly.

Put everything related to a service WITH that service rather than around the corner, behind the ficus plant, and next to the filing cabinets.

You look for tools of a program within that program. Not in another program unrelated to the program you were using, for each…

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please CARE about AOL member wants & restore EMAIL ALERTS sending text notifications when certain sender mail was received --

Not everyone lives online.

If AOL wants to keep members & give value, stop pushing unasked for products and services and please deliver those functions and features this long-time member actually relied upon & utilized frequently.

Really tired of indifferent AOL customer service.

I am PAYING for this ACCOUNT, but AOL delivers incredibly poor customer interaction, and trying to gain assistance, even when the source is AOL technical difficulties, is just infuriating. With every issue and contact, I get closer to leaving AOL. . .

What is WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY that they cannot listen -- or grasp that they…

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For decades I have depended on AOL for my my primary correspondence. With various new ownerships, Oath, and who knows the resulting fracture

For decades I have depended on AOL for my my primary correspondence. With various new ownerships, Oath, and who knows the resulting fractures within the company as a result, the new comers have managed to ruin a household name. Of course it could be argued what do I expect from a free service — well nothing is free at the end of the day, and anyway AOL was produced out of innocence and a new era not unlike the discovery of the wheel. So now you have grown-up with the realization you can control people completely and close the door on…

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow option to include a column for email size (in kb) in the regular listing

I'd like to be able to view the size of each email (in kb or mb), in order to permit selection of very large emails that I may not wish to download to the client - or that won't download to the client. Consider adding a column to the email display list. Or add a setting with checkboxes so I can choose the columns I wish to display. Thanks for your consideration.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base