AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. arrows

The next & previous navigation arrows (as they are defaulting) are backwards, as though Next should mean next in the listing, as opposed to next in the order received. When I click Next, it goes to the message received just before it. Although there is a logic "next in list", that logic has no useful purpose. When I receive mail, I read it in the order it came in (when not selecting some needing attention sooner, etc.). The default order is with the newest at the top. To sort in the opposite order (when using a mixed new/old inbox setting),…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. attachments

Please restore the option to download an attachment (especially PDFs) without opening! Thanks!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add this option to search options: "Do not search in trash folder"

When the user is searching for something by keywords and he hits delete, the message is transferred to the trash folder but still stays among the filtered results. Then the user has to delete it a second time to remove it from the trash folder. The user should be able to delete it in a single step.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add other email accounts

Dear Concern,

Is there any way to import and receive emails from other email service like Gmail, Yahoo etc. to my AOL account and send emails on behalf of them using AOL. I think nowadays this is a common feature of all email service providers' but couldn't find it on AOL.

Looking forward to seeing your response.

Thanks & Regards,

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am sick and tired of seeing soliciting from women. That to me is prostituion and i want it stopped!!

Every day there is at least over 20 or more either thinking my e-mail is a man's or they are just looking for someone to click on for them to make money. I know I can delete, but trying to get them to stop sending.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back AOL Hometown

As title says, bring back AOL Hometown. Please

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter Display Names

When a filter is based on "From", it should also catch display names, not just the address.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. block emails in one easy step

To block an email address I have to take 17 steps ( copy, paste, save etc). Why can't there be a block and delete button next to each email received.

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" all is now well. Its good to help customers.

Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" is working well so far. I have never doubted AOL in all my 16 years. Many thanks. K*****

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Holiday stationary

I love the different stationary on all occasions and holiday..and I also.love the logans..

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PUT BACK THE BLOCK ALL MAIL CHECK BOX

Put back the block check box so I can block all mail!!!

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Block Email Address Button for Each Email

It may have been said before but I would like to reiterate the ability to have a block email option on the mail page. It is not practical or time efficient to copy and paste SPAM email addresses (30+ daily) to the block email section. Just as there is a SPAM option for emails, then PLEASE install a BLOCK email address option. This would probably solve a significant amount of your spam complaints.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change back to how it was. This is difficult!

Please change it back to the way it was, or at least give us the option. This layout is awful. I've kept you for so long because you were so easy to navigate.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dl-mail.aolmail.com

REMOVE the dl-mail.aolmail.com PLEaSE. It is very time consuming when you have multiple attachments to open and it keeps on asking what you want to do with this attachment

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mass delete emails on ‘aol app’ on iphones

You should be able to easily mass delete emails on the aol app on iphone. There is no ‘select all’ option and you dont have access to the ‘cntl’ or ‘shift’ keys once you search for one sender. Once you filter your view to one sender, you have to select each message individually on iphones. I wish you had a ‘select all’ option.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Having options to change my birth date.

Having options to change my birth date under personal info on my AOL Account security settings. My correct birthday is *****but based on your website, it shows ********, which is totally incorrect.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a way to download multiple attachements with a single click

Please provide a way to download several email attachments with a single click rather than having download each individual file

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Back Members Directory

Bring Back Members Directory

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base