AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete and AOL asks if you want to unsubscribe

I clicked "delete" on an unwanted commercial E-mail and a box popped up asking if I wanted AOL to send a notice to the sender to unsubscribe. I clicked yes. I tried this with other commercial E-mails but the box never reappeared. Where is this setting? It would be a great additional service for AOL to offer.

1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. two step verification - locked out of my account

Allow you to recover your account online if two step verification fails.

The email address set up for two step verification I no longer have access to and no help is provided. It's circle of support that leads to no solution - even if I speak to someone on the helpline.

I can no longer access my emails.

421st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I like the old version of the AOL.mail better.

I like the old version of the AOL.mail better.

421st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. how to sort emails by quantity

How can we sort emails by quantity. Highest to lowest. so we can delete sending incoming emails. This would allow us to delete a set of emails to free up space .

348th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow 3rd party email clients

You won't allow sending from Thunderbird or Apple Mail. The reason is security. It's obvious you want us to read ads or track us or something to do with your bottom line.

If security were the true reason, then everyone would disallow 3rd party email clients from sending email.

If you don't allow 3rd party email to handle my account, I will close it and say goodbye to AOL altogether.

I never chose to sign up with AOL; verizon was taken over by AOL, and I wanted to try to keep that account, but it is no longer practical, unless…

513th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow settings customization

If the Customize option is greyed out when the Settings window is open, and you have to open the Settings window to see the Customize option, how are we supposed to be able to click on it?

46th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove Bulk Mail Folder or give us editing rights

Give us Editing Rights to the Bulk Mail folder you surprisingly inserted into our account which is also in Outlook 2016

513th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Emojis

What happened to the emojis? This new version does not include emojis. Please bring them back.

293rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Readability

I need to be able to read your format and I need directions. This sudden overnight change is absurd!

1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. new design for aol mail inbox

i want it to see more new cool themes background for aol mail.
    new design .

729th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

293rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Does this mean what everyone says that AOL is unsafe and better to use other email addresses.

Move emails that are more safe and modern. Trying to retrieve recently deleted emails to no avail. On my ipad there is no recently deleted email tab. So i went on a desk top and there was one but there was nothing. I was told aol email is old fashioned and full of viruses. Does that mean change emails and aol is not dependable? Used all your recorded suggestions and none work.

729th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let me "verify (my data) now" and not make you "remind me later."

Discontinue blocking me from accessing my mail until or unless I provide additional phone numbers or e-mail addresses. I can click "remind me later" which generates ANOTHER occasion when you block me and warn me "don't get locked out of your mail." One option to NOT providing additional contact data would seem to be to click "verify now" after seeing that my contact data is correct as is. When I DO click that, I'm STILL locked out of my mail. I'm, then, given no choice but to, once again, ask you to "remind me later." I DON'T WANT YOU TO…

1252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keeps opening incorrect user interface; opens one I cannot use!

I'm rather sick of AOL Mail deciding that I want a mobile or tablet version of the site. I cannot view the version that you are giving me!

I have the desktop version slelected for a reason!

513th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. imogies

It would be nice to be able to add symbols, face, etc to messages

729th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AOL web mail search fails on long phrases

I took the subject of a common email and searched for it, to delete them all, but it failed to find these exact matches. I removed some words and it found them, so your search function has a solid bug with longer phrases!

729th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. delete email account without current access

it is currently impossible to delete an email address without already having access to the email address, if you ask for help all that happens is that the request is appended to the list of complaints that the address cannot be deleted which does not address the problem. you need to create a way for people to access you about their email even if their aol email is not working

729th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base