AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop deleting email from my trash folder.

I want you to stop deleting my emails from my trash folder. I place them there to get them out of my inbox, but that does not mean I am ready for them to disappear. You took 100's of my inbox emails and disposed of them in my trash folder, and then AOL deleted them. Until I figured out what happened, it was now too late to recover. I pay for this service and should have every right to keep what I want for as long as I want. Would you please remove or allow us to turn off the…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

2. Bitte eMails-Seite in deutsch.

Bitte eMails in deutsch !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello there,

You can change the language preferences, by going to Options (top right corner on mail.aol.com), select Account Info>Preferences>select your language from the right side drop down.

Thank you,
    AOL Mail

3. mail boxes

New mail old mail sucks. Want one mailbox back. Flipping back and for is a pain.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. commercial advertisement

I responded to an ad on AOL regarding a Kinetic Watch. The advertised offer was not what went through the purchase system. The option to VIEW CART was never offered before processing. I immediately emailed them to cancel the purchase. So far there are 12 emails back and forth to cancel the purchase. They sent me a text and I told them to cancel the purchase. They sent me a customer service phone number. I called them to cancel the purchase. They billed my credit card higher than the price advertised. Because the item was advertised on your news feed…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, I’m sorry to hear that! We are unable to assist with any product order issues or returns. You would need to contact that company directly for further assistance with a product purchase as AOL is not affiliated with those Ads. Thank you!

5. can't send all emails

I can not send all emails and it is AOL's fault. I put in the address and then all of a sudden AOL puts AOL.com at the end of it and it is not an AOL acct.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re describing works as designed. When you type only a username in the ’’To’’ field when composing an email, if you do not add the domain of that username, the system will automatically add @aol.com to it. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you!

6. Improve Aol Mail help with a search tool to find how to do something

When selecting the Help tool in AOL Mail, it comes up with 4 selections, none of how to do something. I know there is a way to create a group of emails, but I don't know the steps to do it. If the Help tool included a search of help, it would help users to find what they need to know quicker than sifting through pages before giving up. Please put a "Search" in the Help tool.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. General web-signup activation emails have approx 60% success rate of reaching my mail box

I cannot be the only person to notice this!!!
    This has been going on for probably 2 years at least now.
    I don't use AOL mail for my mail box and this is THE main reason.

I'd really rather not use Gmail.
    I've been a die-hard AIM-fan since I created this screen name in 1998. My account is definitely older than a lot of your AOL employees !!! LOL!!!

As you can see, I have an interest in keeping my screen name alive. Not only that, but it WOULD be really nice if I could depend on this mailbox but…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We really appreciate your loyalty! Thank you for your feedback, we will pass it along our Product team. It is possible some emails coming from poor IP senders to be stopped before coming to your Inbox, in this case only our Postmaster team can investigate it. The sender would need to contact our team at https://postmaster.yahooinc.com/ if their emails are not being received by AOL users.

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

8. privacy preferences

I keep getting update my privacy preferences to view image or play games. Where do I find this info.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In June 2017, we announced that Yahoo and AOL joined to become a unified digital and mobile media company. It’s an exciting venture that we believe will bring a host of new innovations and digital experiences for our users.

As part of this collaboration, we’re asking users of Yahoo owned sites and services to agree to the new unified Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which will help us continue to deliver and build on great digital experiences for you.

If you have any questions or need additional help, please refer to this link: https://help.aol.com/articles/Update-to-the-Terms-of-Service-and-Privacy-Policy

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

10. Problems with instructions on third party app password creation

Received an email regarding the need to change how third party app (such as Apple iPhone mail or Thunderbird) would login to retrieve AOL mail. The instruction suggests the creating of an app password to be used by the third party app. The problem with the instruction (on https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in) is that under Thunderbird step 4 stated "Remove Account" --if you do this you will lose all your previous emails in that box. I have important sensitive business mail I need to preserve so this method won't work for me (i.e. removing account and creating a new one).

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

You can reach out to Thunderbird support to help you with their app’s settings or you…

11. Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is this spam? ... Dear AOL Member, Your AOL account information is not up to date. To continue using AOL Account, you must update now.

Is this spam? ...
    Dear AOL Member,

Your AOL account information is not up to date. To
    continue using AOL Account, you must update now.

Please click the account update link below to update
    your account information.

http://updateaolaccount

If you choose not to update your account information,

your AOL E-mail account will be discontinued.

Thanks,
    AOL-TEAM

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Can you switch to unified mailbox, by going to Options (top right corner), select Mail Settings then General>Inbox Style, select ‘’Use Unified Inbox style’’ then click Save settings. Please let us know of the issue persists.

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

15. Unable to download/open attachments on iPhone. Have to use gmail to open them.

Unable to open attachments on iPhone.
    All I get is Message: Oops! Unable to open files. Try again later.

Have to use gmail to open them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

16. {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

I can't open any attachments, the system disokays:

{"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"27017700-4493-6924-2f2c-5a001f012b00"}}

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

17. report a bug downloading attachments

10/21/2021 at 7:00 AM. AOL gives an error when you try to download/open an attachment. This is independent of which browser I use. There seems to be no current mechanism on how to report a bug, so I am posting it here. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

18. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

19. opening attachments

I can not open email attachments anymore. I get the following message : {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"9c6b8921-03db-a2a1-2f2c-5a0014018600"}} What can I do to solve that issue?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base