AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Seriously- your AOL site is becoming the "new" National Enquirer- since when is celebrity gossip worthy of "NEWS"?

drop the "news" of celebrities- do not care and those of us mature enough to have a real life don't care either.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AOL has lots of technical glitches

what is wrong with AOL?? always tech. glitches! update your very old server!

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off SPAM filter

I used to be able to disable the spam filter. I can no longer do that. I use POP to retrieve my email and am missing very important emails because they are not delivered to me but saved on your site. This negates the usefulness of POP. Why don't you give the users the option to disable spam filtering? It makes no sense that you don't. Please fix this!!!!

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We need the sub folder and move feature.

The sub folder feature isn't available online nor the move feature. Please add this feature for AOL is the only one that doesn't have it.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

46th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 46th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically delete emails that older than 60 days

Allow individuals to set a time after which emails would be deleted, i.e. 60 days.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow blocking from iPad, laptop and iPhone of unwanted emails./

Allow sender to be blocked by simply clicking on the unwanted email.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Listen up everyone!

AOL cares nothing about their customers! They don't care what you think. It's for their convenience in making it easier for themselves in not adding the spam features for us. This also puts more money into their pockets. They are more concern in putting in more ads on your webmail page, than making it easier for you!! The best thing to do is to close your AOL account and go somewhere else. If everyone closed their accounts, we'd see how fast they'd move to put in those block features for spamming, back. AOL sucks BIG time!!

50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

12. I faithfully put spam email addresses and variations of them, using *, by going into Mail Settings, Spam Settings. Are you using this lista

I faithfully add my spam email addresses to Mail Settings, Spam Options, using the full addresses and variations of them, using *. Are you still using this information to filter my incoming mail? It does not seem so and it takes a lot of time to go through my spam and do this everyday. Why can't you add a 'Delete and Block' Function so I don't have to go through 6 steps to add an address, in addition to just Delete. It could be a one step function. Here is a list of my blocked addresses, from over the many…

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need new stationery and fonts - catch up with the times!

You desperately need new stationery themes (it's been YEARS) and a greater variety of fonts!!

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Changes to 'Today on AOL' news feed

When I open a news item on Today in AOL it changes to a page that does not allow me to open any photos and has awful music playing or someone talking about a totally different subject than the news I want to read.
    I hate the new changes. If there is no way to change this I'm off to Yahoo.
    After 23 years of being a faithful AOL customer maybe it's time to move on!!!!

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Annoying CNN "news flashes"

Find a way for your staff to not force their news predilections on my desk top. I find the CNN "news flashes" jumping in leftwards from the right side of the screen to be annoying, insulting and bullying. Can such news (real, fake or other) be delivered only by request or permission received?

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Downloading Saved Mail?

You use to let people save the old mail to our systems if we liked. I would like to save my old mail to my system and not have to get on yours system every time I am looking for some thing in my old mail and use up the space that you give me for old mail on your system.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Searching mails.

Allow the user to select the file they would like to search. I do not always want to search through deleted files. The default to ALL files produces too much junk. The options should be for the user to select new, old, sent or deleted mail. Not all by default.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Wild cards (*) in email address filters no longer allowed

Could wild cards in email address filters be allowed again. eg: Send *@anywhere.com to MyFolder. This used to work up until a few months ago.

59th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

20. put blocking mail in the headers

block or perm delete email contact should be a button along with the delete move and read buttons. that way you dont have to go through half a dozen pages just to block someone. by the time i get there i forgot the name of the address i wanted to block.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base