AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please reconfigure MAIL so that unread, or marked unread mail, can be aggregated together easily.

Please reconfigure MAIL so that unread, or marked unread mail, can be aggregated together easily.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why can I block IP address

you ruined Yahoo now your ruining AOL. we used to have word block as well as address block.
    My recommendation is to add IP block and re-add key word block
    lets make things better not worse

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search

Searching is not working for items past a month. It does not work in the standard version and ONLY works in the Basic/accessible version. Could someone please resolve the functionality on the standard version of aol mail. Thank you.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. you have choices. Stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these ads

You have 3 choices: stop the ads, let me delete the ads, or stop charging me to watch these stupid ads

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blocking e-mail addresses

Not happy that only 1000 addresses can be blocked. Can you not expand that?

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support List-Unsubscribe

I’d love to see AOL support it whereas instead of having to click the unsubscribe link in the email and another webpage opening confirming the unsubscribe you are simply unsubscribed (without the need to load another webpage).

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Grouping folders

Change it back to the way it was brfore; where a customer can have folders and sub folders within the folder. By separating all of your folders individually in makes it very difficult to organize

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete unwanted folders

Allow us to delete unwanted folders from our mobile phones

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. block emails in one easy step

To block an email address I have to take 17 steps ( copy, paste, save etc). Why can't there be a block and delete button next to each email received.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add additional options for Fonts that we can choose from

I believe all of us that uses webmail only has up to 9 Fonts to choose from. I would like to request if this can be increased so that we can have more options to choose.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. archive email

There should be a better way to either delete or archive emails in order to clean up very large email inboxes
    1. Create delete from date---> to date ranges
    2. Create Archive folders, similar to Outlook

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. search filters

Need to be able to restrict search. The major filter would be date. I have thousands of e-mails in the archive folders, so most searches hit dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands of e-mails. Another useful search filter would be to chose one folder (probably inbox). Most other e-mail systems have at least this rudimentary feature. You could even have an "advanced search" check mark, so people who don't need filters can still use the current (unfiltered) search box.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Saving emails on my PC

Why can't I save my emails to my PC and not have to sign in if I want to read one I saved. The old system was so much smoother and easy to use. Thanks.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gambling advertisement please remove

Please delete the gambling advertisement on the same screen when I am signing into AOL

77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto Save Attachments

Give the option to open or save attachments.. I hate that your webmail auto downloads attachments to my devices!! That should be my choice. It should open in either the reading pane of the email, or another window on the browser. NOT TO MY COMPUTER STORAGE. I have to use the email for work and it is truly a pain and inconvenience to have to download all of the attachments and then search for them and delete them!

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The area to compose your email keeps shrinking. It is now less than 1/4 of the screen. It needs to double, at least. Get rid of the junk.

Most of the stuff on the screen has nothing to do with writing an email. All of that stuff should disappear when you open the pane for writing. The address and subject line should scroll out of view as soon as you reach the bottom of the pane. The autosave bar should be eliminated. The URL line and the search line should be hidden.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base