AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. deleting email address due to death of receiver

How can we delete the address of an AOL email addressee who has died.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We’re very sorry for your loss.

In the unfortunate event of a death of the billing contact for an AOL account, ownership can easily be transferred to another AOL Username already listed under the account.

If you don’t own a Username on the AOL account and would like to make changes to the account, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364.

2. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

3. calendar keeps giving an error after adding an event

When i add an event it keeps telling me i have a server error and this is every other event i add. This is very frustrating to keep having to log out and in to get this corrected.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why has the format changed on the AOL page where you see mail? Where is the button that lets you delete all that days spam at one time?

Why have you changed the format for the aol page, you used to be able to delete all the spam for that day with one icon click. Now since yesterday , it is gone , where you click to remove all spam for that day.
    Why do you keep changing stuff. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a solution for you, please clear your browser history, cookies and cache here’s how: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. You can try accessing your account on a different browser.

To delete all the emails from the Spam folder, hover your mouse over the Spam folder and click on the trash icon.

5. I do not want my email password remembered

do not want password remembered. I want to put it in each time so I can keep people out of my mail...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. new email and old email

separating emails into new and old categories is not working for me. I want to see all emails in the same page as it was before. Now I have to search in 2 pages(categories) tp find the email I want to access. Add a filter like mobile email to give the option to see all or just new emails. BTW new font is not helping too.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To have a unified Mail folder please go to your AOL Mail inbox – Click Options | Mail Settings – Click the General tab – “Inbox Style,” select Use Unified Inbox style – Click Save Settings

7. add to dictionary

My last name continually is flagged as a typo, and I have never been able to add it to the dictionary. Others email programs like gmail have this option to add to the dictionary.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

AOL Mail does not have this feature, however, you can do this from your browser. Here’s how: right-click on it, and select Add to Dictionary.

8. Encryped Site

Why is you website not encrypted????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The site information icon (the green lock in the address box) changes when opening emails containing embedded images (mostly newsletters) which are transmitted in the HTTP protocol. Since the AOL Mail page is using the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure protocol (HTTPS), loading an HTTP image in an HTTPS session does not compromise security. All authentication cookies and data is passed over HTTPS so rest assured you’re safe with us!

9. My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password.

My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, Em Client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password. When I asked for help I received a message stating no help available due to Covid. The next page showed me a 24/7 help link for $4.99 per month. I do not want to use the service any longer. Looking for alternatives without hassle and ads.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

10. Receiving OLD email

Am suddenly receiving emails from merchants dated 2018, 2019 (it is now 2021) all having to do with payments received or invoices waiting for payment. I have checked with one merchant and they have no record of having sent the email and I am paid in full with them. Since these emails are from various merchants with whom I've done business in the past, it looks like the problem source could be AOL instead of the merchant. Could you please look into this and reply? I do not see any other way on your site to report this issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

11. I need to delete my account

make it easier to delete my account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Composing emails

Would like to see a button where we can select an out of office with dates we will be away, and also have a signature place where we can include a phrase that goes out with our emails. Used to have this with Verizon, now its not available and I miss it lots. Can you do this? Many thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Missing Contacts

Can you help?? - all my contacts have vanished out of my contacts list!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’ve deleted your contacts or are suddenly missing some, don’t worry! Contacts can be restored to automatic save points in time.
    WARNING: The restore will replace any changes or additions made to your contacts since that time.

1. Click Contacts from the left panel in AOL Mail.
    2. Click More | Restore.
    3. Select a date to restore your contacts to from the drop-down menu.
    4. Click Restore.

14. AOL Email Incredibly Slow

AOL email has been incredibly slow for several weeks. Have to wait a long time for it to respond to alphabetical letters typed, opening an email, moving, closing, deleting emails and all other activities. It has become unacceptable. Tried signing out, closing and reopening aol but nothing helps.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Many times latency is caused by an unsupported or outdated browser. I would suggest checking your current web browser for an update.

AOL Product Support

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the inconvenience, but AOL is just doing its best to protect your online safety. In case you sign in from a new device or using a new network you will be asked to verify that you are the owner of the account for security purposes. Once the device gains enough reputation you will no longer be asked to verify your login.

17. Print my Email

I have important documents that I need to save and I can't print them.I had AOL since 1995.never Had this Problem I don't have windows 10

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try clearing cookies, cache, history, and footprints. To do so, please go to:
    https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed.

Your printer may not work due to factors outside of AOL like a faulty printer, corrupted files, or conflicting programs. Try a different browser to determine if the problem is exclusive to AOL. If you’re still unable to print using another browser, contact your printer manufacturer.

18. Reinstate the "FAVORITE" option

The AOL FAVORITES Option an excellent to record useful URL Links.
    It should be reinstated

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please bring back alphabetical order for mail!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OPTION OF HAVING INCOMING MAIL IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email will not send when attachments are uploaded to message!!

Email will not send when attachments are uploaded to message!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base