AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why do I suddenly have a limit for the number of people I can have on one of my contact lists?

I need help: I tried to change the email address for a contact on one of my lists, which has 165 names on it. I deleted the original email, but when I tried to add the new address, I got this message: "Too many email addresses for a distribution list." This is seriously interfering with my work.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete individual advertisements that stay on the screen too long.

Allow one to discontinue irrelevant individual advertisements. Often after a purchase had been made, or you just explored something you heard about, they advertise the products you have no interest in and it stays on your screen too long of a period. Often you already purchased or was just exploring the internet.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. having multiple "send from" email address

how or can I have multiple "send from address". I can use my main email address (somehow have a random email option in my send from) but would like options for another email address I own. can this be done in one account?

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto Save Attachments

Give the option to open or save attachments.. I hate that your webmail auto downloads attachments to my devices!! That should be my choice. It should open in either the reading pane of the email, or another window on the browser. NOT TO MY COMPUTER STORAGE. I have to use the email for work and it is truly a pain and inconvenience to have to download all of the attachments and then search for them and delete them!

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give us back the desktop software.

You had a really good desktop program and now it's almost like any other web based server.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. deleted mail

There should be a setting that when you close the email a dialog box comes up to ask if you want to permanently delete deleted mail. This will keep the folder empty. I forget to enpty the deleted and it gets a lot in it.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Forwarding Several from My Inbox

I would like to forward several e-mails at one time from my Inbox to a work e-mail address. Currently, I can only forward one at a time, but with 60 e-mails a day in my AOL Inbox, this gets very tedious. I could understand a reasonable limit on the most that can be forwarded at one instance, but a limit of 'one' is not reasonable.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sweep function

Please add a sweep function to allow all emails from a selected sender to be deleted with a single click. This feature is available in Outlook and some other email providers, and is very useful for de-cluttering an inbox.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Block Email Address Button for Each Email

It may have been said before but I would like to reiterate the ability to have a block email option on the mail page. It is not practical or time efficient to copy and paste SPAM email addresses (30+ daily) to the block email section. Just as there is a SPAM option for emails, then PLEASE install a BLOCK email address option. This would probably solve a significant amount of your spam complaints.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. leave the themes to us to choose

Asa a Paying Customer for the last 16 years I would like to have my customization left alone. It changes each time I go on line and I have had this theme for 10 years Other wise I will stop paying for a service I'M not receiving anyway as it was a dial up account Prior to 2008 Since I have been using the free version. I see no reason to pay you
    $9.99/ month for taking this option away. Please fix it..

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Every single time I come over here I have to change from the standard to basic setting. Isn't there a way for you to save my preference?

It is MUCH easier to maneuver in the inbox in the basic/accessible setting than in the standard setting. Every single time I come to the inbox I change it to the basic/accessible setting and yet every single time you change it back. Isn't there something that can be done to save my preferences? This is getting real old real fast.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. savings email attachments

Need an easy way to save attachments without having to download, open preview, then save to designated folder. MacMail allows a one-step 'save' click to accomplish this when viewing the email

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. you should make it possible to prevent ANY mail from being delivered to my in box. I don't want any mail delivered at all.

There should be a way to be able to prevent ANY mail of ANY kind from being delivered to my in box. I do not want any mail at all.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I do not like the faint lettering on my favorites bar. The words used to be easier to read because they were black instead of gray.

Improve the lettering and readability of the saved sites on my bookmarks bar. The letters look gray instead of black. Too difficult to read now.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. By NOT having us hit an "ok" on an email we delete! Its' a waste of time!!

Every time I delete an email I don't want, a square shaped "pop up" comes on the monitor and has "cancel" and "ok"! When I delete something, I delete it; I don't want to have to keep hitting an "ok" on an unnecessary pop-up! It's time consuming and irritating at the same time. Can we please stop getting those??

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to see " Get well wishes " added to stationery occassions...thank you

I would like to see Get Well wishes added to stationery occasions.
    Thank you so much

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base