AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. search filters

Need to be able to restrict search. The major filter would be date. I have thousands of e-mails in the archive folders, so most searches hit dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands of e-mails. Another useful search filter would be to chose one folder (probably inbox). Most other e-mail systems have at least this rudimentary feature. You could even have an "advanced search" check mark, so people who don't need filters can still use the current (unfiltered) search box.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search

Searching is not working for items past a month. It does not work in the standard version and ONLY works in the Basic/accessible version. Could someone please resolve the functionality on the standard version of aol mail. Thank you.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support List-Unsubscribe

I’d love to see AOL support it whereas instead of having to click the unsubscribe link in the email and another webpage opening confirming the unsubscribe you are simply unsubscribed (without the need to load another webpage).

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grouping folders

Change it back to the way it was brfore; where a customer can have folders and sub folders within the folder. By separating all of your folders individually in makes it very difficult to organize

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. attachments

Please restore the option to download an attachment (especially PDFs) without opening! Thanks!

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to see " Get well wishes " added to stationery occassions...thank you

I would like to see Get Well wishes added to stationery occasions.
    Thank you so much

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Saving emails on my PC

Why can't I save my emails to my PC and not have to sign in if I want to read one I saved. The old system was so much smoother and easy to use. Thanks.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HAVE A FEATURE TO SCHEDULE A DATE AND TIME FOR MAIL TO BE SENT

instead of just clicking on to send later, actually have a feature where we can set date and time to be sent and when that date and time comes, the mail is sent automatically

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. archive email

There should be a better way to either delete or archive emails in order to clean up very large email inboxes
    1. Create delete from date---> to date ranges
    2. Create Archive folders, similar to Outlook

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. having multiple "send from" email address

how or can I have multiple "send from address". I can use my main email address (somehow have a random email option in my send from) but would like options for another email address I own. can this be done in one account?

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gambling advertisement please remove

Please delete the gambling advertisement on the same screen when I am signing into AOL

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments.

For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments. If I go into the old version there is no problem. Please advise how to fix.

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I can only download one attachment.

I was able to download multiple attachments in an email. I can only download 1 file and have to close AOL mail, reopen AOL mail for the other files.

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recovery Phone Number

Change your instructions to read that you only want a MOBILE (i.e. cellphone) number -- but NOT a landline number.

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base