AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the ads, nothing more nothing less AOL. lets start a cancellation policy

How about this, we all start to cancel our business with AOL until they rollback this ******* decision. They have taken advise from some clown or competitor to ruin a decent business. a 20 yr customer about to cancel.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  946 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?

Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?They are too close and accidents occur. Please move the button apart and add a color change:
    examples: red to delete, yellow for spam, orange for not spam, green for keep as new.
    Or allow customization to do so.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  109 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow settings customization

If the Customize option is greyed out when the Settings window is open, and you have to open the Settings window to see the Customize option, how are we supposed to be able to click on it?

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. block emails in one easy step

To block an email address I have to take 17 steps ( copy, paste, save etc). Why can't there be a block and delete button next to each email received.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  66 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep it the way it was.

Stop changing things. Leave well enough alone. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am sick and tired of seeing soliciting from women. That to me is prostituion and i want it stopped!!

Every day there is at least over 20 or more either thinking my e-mail is a man's or they are just looking for someone to click on for them to make money. I know I can delete, but trying to get them to stop sending.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  47 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AOL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD DO NOT CONTROL MY SETTINGS BY PRE-CHECKING THE "STAY SIGNED IN" BOX WHEN I AM SIGNING IN. KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY!

DO NOT CONTROL MY PRIVACY BY PRE-CHECKING THE "STAY SIGNED IN" BUTTON WHEN I WANT TO CHECK MY EMAIL. IF I WANTED TO STAY SIGNED IN, I WOULD CHECK THE BOX -- DO NOT EVER DO THAT "FOR" ME. E-V-E-R

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Advertising is one thing, but sending 'sponsored' Email to MY inbox without the ability to delete or block it is unacceptable.

Advertising is one thing, but sending 'sponsored' Email to MY inbox without the ability to delete or block it is unacceptable

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  189 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spam Settings

This a complaint more than an idea for improvement. On 8/24/18 the spam controls for one of my email address has stopped filtering out spam. I add address to the "Block mail from addresses I specify" box but emails from those addresses keep coming. The whole mail controls page for that email address has changed, My other email addresses have remained unchanged. What gives??? This is very inconvenient.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1507 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

10. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE…

31st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  92 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block Email Address Button for Each Email

It may have been said before but I would like to reiterate the ability to have a block email option on the mail page. It is not practical or time efficient to copy and paste SPAM email addresses (30+ daily) to the block email section. Just as there is a SPAM option for emails, then PLEASE install a BLOCK email address option. This would probably solve a significant amount of your spam complaints.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eliminate free advertising for Trump

you should not show an advertisement to "meet Melania Trump" if you contribute to his campaign in the "Today on AOL" page. Not even sure that's legal as it looks like free advertiseing to me. At least make the jerk pay for the exposure. The whole thing is offensive to me. Otherwise I like AOL a lot.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SPAM - Return to Sender

Have a "RETURN TO SENDER " button that tells them to STOP sending mail. This will force them to deal with a flood of email in their box. AOL customers should not have to deal with trying to unsubscribe to all the junk mail. WHO SOLD my mail address to all of the Spam senders; AOL? STOP IT .

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

497 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

15. STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  152 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. News On AOL.. --

You show a "story" of interest and when clicked on it opens in a new tab . You have to click "Next Page" far too many times to reach the one that addresses your original story theme. It takes too much time to read thru all the background and I normally click off these stories.

Also.. the old format of AOL was better as you could access yr files off line... Hope feedback is helpful.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please show destination Links

In the old AOL desktop if you hovered over a link it showed the true detination link

This web based system doesn't do it. Is it possible to reintroduce on the web based system
    ?
    In these days of Phishing, spam and fruad it would be very useful

146th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You may have cost me my biggest client.

DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH ANY OTHER REQUEST. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!
    I used to be able to have the spam filter turned off. Suddenly, AOL started deciding what was spam. I don't see this on Outlook where I collect my message. I had eight orders from one company go into spam. Give back the option to disable the spam blocker. I can decide for myself what I want to keep and what I want to delete.

67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Advertisements

You are allowing advertisements from . This is a scam company. You do not receive the same clothing as advertised. You receive from an address in Chino, Ca. When you want to return the item for a refund, the Company tells you that you have to send it to China at your own expense - which by the way is over $100.00 in shipping costs. Stop showing their advertisements .

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Here's a mine waiting to be stepped on...

Don't do what I just did! I was nearing the end of a detailed email I composed, when I went to another site to copy something I needed to paste. When I back-arrowed to Compose, everything I had written was gone and unretrievable. This AOL non-solution has been around for two decades. Isn't that long enough to fix glaringly poor programming. I was forced to switch from Verizon-hosted email to this train wreck. I suspect that Verizon or Oath broke it when they began leveraging it for Ad and profiling revenue. Email used to be a simple and essential tool.…

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base