AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

Thank you!

2. Community Guidelines

I am not surprised at all. I know what to expect. The Left can post insulting comments, disparaging phrases. But if I even type Hunter Biden's name, it gets rejected for not meeting "community standards." They do that kind of thing in China and North Korea. If that doesn't make other social platforms more appealing and a better tenant of FREE SPEECH, I don't know what does.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.

Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    – Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    – Suspicious IP
    – Any Image

In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines:

https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/guidelines/index.html

3. Verizon Account Users/Accounts Not working as of August 5th.

Verizon email account users. As of 8/5/2021 Verizon emails are not able to be received and or sent successfully. This occurs with any third-party email clients. It's an AOL server issue. It is not a password, or server setting issue. AOL, please investigate your email server for Verizon account users.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

4. Massive spam I cannot BLOCK

I have SETTINGS on getting email ONLY CONTACTS yet every day I get 100 + emails from a site(s) that has infinite disposable none repetitive FROM addresses. I detest those FILTERS which DO NOT FILTER. PLEASE MAKE THE ACTUAL FROM CONTACTS ONLY DO EXACTLY THAT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password.

My Verizon/Thunderbird emails stopped. Is the corporate sabotage? Tried a different client, Em Client, same thing. Not Thunderbird, not my password. When I asked for help I received a message stating no help available due to Covid. The next page showed me a 24/7 help link for $4.99 per month. I do not want to use the service any longer. Looking for alternatives without hassle and ads.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

7. Receiving OLD email

Am suddenly receiving emails from merchants dated 2018, 2019 (it is now 2021) all having to do with payments received or invoices waiting for payment. I have checked with one merchant and they have no record of having sent the email and I am paid in full with them. Since these emails are from various merchants with whom I've done business in the past, it looks like the problem source could be AOL instead of the merchant. Could you please look into this and reply? I do not see any other way on your site to report this issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to access AOL (Verizon) email on two different apps: Postbox and K-9 mail, so it is on YOUR END. Please fix!!

Can't send OR receive Verizon email for 18 hours in either my PC app (Postbox) or my phone app (K-9) mail. This usually goes away in a few hours, but now I am totally shut out. FIX IT PLEASE!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jacqueline,

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

10. SPAM E MAILSHOW DO I STOP THEM

I am getting fed up with all the spam E mails I am getting. I ticked the box which only allowed E mails to be received if they were in my contact list. Today, I have received loads of unwanted spam mails. What do I do to stop this rubbish?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accessing Verizon Email via Gmail Website

I usually access my Verizon/AOL email via the Gmail website using POP to import email messages. As of 7/29/21, this stopped working. I tried using the new app-specific passwords in AOL email security, but it doesn't work. I get an error message about not being able to leave a copy of the message on the server. I have verified that the "leave message on server" box is unchecked.

Note that this has been working fine for years, but something changed at AOL in the past week or so.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steve,

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

If you wish to register an AOL account, please go to mail.aol.com then click ‘’Create an account’’. In case you need additional help, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

13. my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accoun

my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accounts new password not recognized when submitted i Thunderbird and BlueMail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why did you move the "from" column to the middle? I hate this new view

The old version was perfectly fine. Why did you move the from column to the middle of the page. It is distracting and illogical.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Missing Contacts

Can you help?? - all my contacts have vanished out of my contacts list!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’ve deleted your contacts or are suddenly missing some, don’t worry! Contacts can be restored to automatic save points in time.
    WARNING: The restore will replace any changes or additions made to your contacts since that time.

1. Click Contacts from the left panel in AOL Mail.
    2. Click More | Restore.
    3. Select a date to restore your contacts to from the drop-down menu.
    4. Click Restore.

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, we block access to AOL Mail from outdated apps that could leave your account vulnerable. If we sent you an email indicating that your app is using outdated security protocols or you’re unable to log in from an older app, you still have several options available to you.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. remove all aim.com

While updating my AOL account info today I noticed my email listed to be *@aim.com instead of *@aol.com, which I have had since 1994.

This may have something to do with when AOL dropped the AOL Instant Messenger.

Please correct this and delete *@aim.com; I only want *@aol.com

Thank You

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The option to delete the @aim.com would not be possible since that would mean deleting your account. Both @aim.com and @aol.com share the same mailbox and in case your account is the one with the aim.com domain, then the @aol.com is your account’s alias. When composing emails at mail.aol.com through a laptop or PC, you can choose your default sending account.

20. WHY am I getting these? I get at 3 per day

© AOL Web Portal ****
    From Admin Office
    Your Web e-mail account Requires Urgent Upgrade to avoid suspension.
    Click Here to Upgrade
    Best regards,
    Web Manager Desk

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base