AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

Thank you!

2. Community Guidelines

I am not surprised at all. I know what to expect. The Left can post insulting comments, disparaging phrases. But if I even type Hunter Biden's name, it gets rejected for not meeting "community standards." They do that kind of thing in China and North Korea. If that doesn't make other social platforms more appealing and a better tenant of FREE SPEECH, I don't know what does.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged: - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.) - Suspicious IP - Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines: https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/guidelines/index.html

3. THANK YOU

Thank you for returning to the old format. I am very appreciative and will continue to use my AOL mail that I've been using since 2001.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. Massive spam I cannot BLOCK

I have SETTINGS on getting email ONLY CONTACTS yet every day I get 100 + emails from a site(s) that has infinite disposable none repetitive FROM addresses. I detest those FILTERS which DO NOT FILTER. PLEASE MAKE THE ACTUAL FROM CONTACTS ONLY DO EXACTLY THAT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How do I stop AOL filters???

People in my address book still get in my spam folder. Repeatedly I mark it as NOT SPAM and then it's in the spam next time. I'd rather just make up a rule that would take care of all my spam and not interfere with my good mail. Getting rid of the spam filters would do it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently you may have noticed an increase in email going to the Spam folder for senders using Office 365 and other Microsoft products. We are in the process of addressing this issue and expect it to improve over the next several days. Please keep marking the mail in the Spam folder as “not spam” or “ham” and that will help to correct the issue. Thanks for your patience.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently you may have noticed an increase in email going to the Spam folder for senders using Office 365 and other Microsoft products. We are in the process of addressing this issue and expect it to improve over the next several days. Please keep marking the mail in the Spam folder as “not spam” or “ham” and that will help to correct the issue. Thanks for your patience.

7. Verizon Account Users/Accounts Not working as of August 5th.

Verizon email account users. As of 8/5/2021 Verizon emails are not able to be received and or sent successfully. This occurs with any third-party email clients. It's an AOL server issue. It is not a password, or server setting issue. AOL, please investigate your email server for Verizon account users.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

8. Customer emails continue to go to spam after marked NOT SPAM and App Passowrds not working

since you have upgraded your spam detecting on my emails - the majority of emails that I get are now in spam. I have repeatedly marked them as not spam as instructed by tech support but it continues daily. I have 2 of my email accounts that are used for business and the majority of those emails are associated with a domain name of @Lanterds.com. I need a way to allow those emails to not be marked as spam- some are critical and time sensitive- I should not have to check my spam folder 6- 10 times a day to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're very sorry app passwords are currently unavailable for AOL Mail accounts. Rest assured, you can still access your mail from the AOL Mail app or via a web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

9. I cannot download any attachments anymore.

Even from mails where I have downloaded the attachment already or from sent mails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

11. Stop asking for another email account. I DON'T HAVE ONE !!!!!

Stop asking for an alternative email. I don't have one!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. To always have access to your AOL email address, please make sure to add recovery options, such as a mobile number and an alternate email address. This way, you can always reset your password online. In case you do not have another email address, you can always register one at mail.aol.com, mail.yahoo.com or any other email domains. 

12. Mail notification " you are trying to access AOL mail in a different Language"

Why and who is trying to acess my mail in a different language?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While most spam should be caught by our Spam filters, occasionally some can slip through. If that does happen it's very important to mark the email as Spam. It lets our system learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make AOL Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

14. AOL email deactivation notice from, <mooredrive@minutemanpress.com>

Below is an email message warning I received today purporting to have been sent from AOL; warning that AOL is planning to discontinue my email service and directs me to the following address to fix the problem:

{ https://WWALLERTT.WIXSITE.com/mysite }
    WAS THIS MESSAGE SENT FROM AND AUTHORIZED BY AOL?

Dear User,
    This is to notify you for the final time that we will stop processing incoming emails on your account and email deactivation will take place anytime from June 7th.

CLICK HERE TO UPDATE

Please note: Your e-mail will be shutdown if not updated as it will be assumed as…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. opening attachments

I can not open email attachments anymore. I get the following message : {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"9c6b8921-03db-a2a1-2f2c-5a0014018600"}} What can I do to solve that issue?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! The issue was resolved. In case you need help in the future, you can always contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!
    AOL Mail team

16. I only want "UNREAD EMAILS"!

I only want to see my unread emails. NOT thousands of others that were read.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Correct Folder Glitches via the More Actions Menu

On my laptop, the More Actions menu suddenly does not list all of the folders that I have created over many years. Hence, I am unable to move important messages from Inbox to a folder whose title is no longer listed yet still exists, for example, a folder created many years ago to consolidate transfers from checking account. In addition, most folders do not appear when accessing AOL via Smartphone or Tablet, thereby forcing me to save messages by topic only from my laptop, which is inconvenient. Now even that option is not possible due to the omission of certain…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. STOP making a new window

It is simply torture having a new window pop up every time i click to read my mail! That and the AOL pop up over my mail that I have to close EVERY time! Google doesn't do this, you're making it harder to stay

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. unusual activity

Starting the end of last week, I have made numerous calls about this issue. I am using a Windows 10 laptop to access my AOL EMAIL. I am continually getting a message that there is unusual activity on my account and I have to get a code sent to my phone that I then enter into AOL login to get into my email. There is NO unusual activity on my account. The DEVELOPERS need to see why this is happening all of a sudden. It's a BUG!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If there's something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we'll ask you to go through another verification step after you've entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code on your AOL app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

AOL notices suspicious account activity.

You're using an unfamiliar browser or device.

You're traveling away from your usual location.

You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.

You've logged in with a private or incognito window.

There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.

The "First time signing in from this device" message appears.

You've cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.

20. Fraudulent Account has been created with EBROGDON@cs.com

I was told by Customer Service Rep "O'Neil" at 11:50 a.m. today (5/27/22) to log via AOL Feedback my problem, even though he indicated he was escalating my request with regard to a fraudulent e-mail account (CS.COM) having been created with my daughter's maiden name (), my home address and my home phone number and used to create an account with www,BETUS.COM.PA, a sports betting website. I was alerted via my I.D. Theft monitoring service through my employer, the federal judiciary, that the account with the sports betting organization was created on 4/21/22. The *@cs.com account is

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi.

It seems that account has been spoofed. Email spoofing is the forgery of an email header so the message appears to be coming from somewhere other than the actual source. It's similar to writing a forged return address on a letter. Scammers use spoofing because your contacts are more likely to open the email if it looks like it's coming from you. Spoofed emails are sent from outside the AOL network and attackers don't have access to that particular email address. We encourage you to report the offense so we can ensure that action is taken, here: https://help.aol.com/email-support  

In the meantime, please create a filter to send any incoming emails from it to Spam or Trash or add it to your blocked list.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base